• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Blog - Upcoming Weapon Tweaks

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01...g-bf4-weapons/
    UPCOMING BF4 WEAPON TWEAKS
    DMRs
    1) Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents. Additionally, reduced the penalty to accuracy for sustained DMR fire, allowing more rapid follow up shots in combat. The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon, according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range weapon.

Pump Action Shotguns
    1) Increased the accuracy of pump action shotguns (870 MCS, HAWK 12g, SPAS-12, and UTS 15) while on the move and aiming. The accuracy has been approximately doubled. These weapons did not have any available barrels or grips that would allow a player to enhance their aimed accuracy. This change should make the use of pump action weapons with slugs much more viable at medium and close range by allowing more accurate fire.

Carbines
    1) Reduced the long range damage of the MTAR to bring it in line with the rest of the Carbines.

General
    1) Adjusted the way inaccuracy is handled when transitioning from Hip fire to Aimed fire. Previously, if a player began firing before aiming, he would keep his hip inaccuracy while aimed, until he stopped firing. This was especially obvious with LMGs on the move. Players will now only be subject to the maximum aimed inaccuracy after the transition. While still terribly inaccurate, this allows for substantially more accurate fire than the old method and should allow players with LMGs to panic fire in close quarters, provided they are aiming.

2) The Heavy Barrel’s Accuracy bonus now also applies on the move, at a reduced bonus. This should give the Heavy Barrel a wider role for players who desire accuracy while aimed in all situations.

3) Synchronized the timing of the aim down the sights animation of sniper rifles with their ability to fire with full accuracy. Players no longer need to wait for additional time after the aiming animation plays to get accurate shots. There is still a delay to achieve full accuracy, so Quick Scoping is still not possible

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01...g-bf4-pistols/
    UPCOMING BF4 PISTOL TWEAKS
    1) Increased the aimed accuracy of the M1911 to make it a viable choice once the COMPACT 45 has been unlocked. This gives the M1911 a clear accuracy advantage for range, while the COMPACT 45 has a clear ammunition per magazine advantage.

2) Increased the close range damage of the M1911, QSZ-92, FN57, CZ-75 and COMPACT 45. This will allow all pistols to bypass Body Armor at close range. Additionally, the FN57 and the QSZ-92 have had their long range damage increased to allow them to properly bypass Body Armor at all distances. Finally, the CZ-75 has also had its long range damage raised to give it a diverse role among the handguns.

3) Reduced the delay between pressing the trigger and the bullet firing for the M412 REX and .44 MAGNUM. This delay represents the way these weapons work in real life, while also improving their responsiveness in game.

4) Increased the magazine capacity of the QSZ-92 to 20 rounds, the proper amount for this weapon in real life. Additionally reduced the recoil of the QSZ-92 to give it a clear difference from the FN57.

5) Corrected a small error with the COMPACT 45 accuracy when crouched or prone. The weapon was accidently less accurate than intended.

Re: Battlefield Blog - Upcoming Weapon Tweaks

....huh?
    |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Wonderful. I can expect to be killed by even more DMRs here.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

While I get some of these changes, not really sure I agree with DMR's needing to be more accurate. I have been using them alot lately and find that they have a great spot between sniper rifles and AR's.
        sigpic

Comment

i wonder if the DMR changes will have any actual effect on hardcore settings? it seems like it will still be a 2-shot kill.

Comment

Except now the shots can be fired even faster with less penalty.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I'm waiting for the big 'Gotcha! Lol we be Jking!' moment that I know will never actually come....
              |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

I'm not worried about the DMR's, they're single shot and the per shot deviation when firing rapidly is pretty huge. In fact that's why you hear people "psh, psh, psh, psh", because despite the fact you are firing single shot the rounds go all over the place. Ironically firing on full auto with an assault rifle has a much tighter group! That's why the increase in accuracy may actually remove some people's annoyance with the DMR. I'll say again "If you are being killed in CQB by a DMR then you would have died faster to an AR or Carbine".

What they should do is tweak the Scar H which is the clear intermediate platform between the AR and DMR. Fix the woeful accuracy at medium to long range (even on single shot) and there you have it, a hard hitting battle rifle with appropriate penalties in automatic fire, recoil and muzzle climb and a reduced mag size. It would also provide some differentiation in the AR class. I use the M416 and the Scar a fair bit. I only really use the Scar because I like the platform in general, it's simply not as effective as the M416 or Ace 23, on any level, at any range. I can short burst the 416 further with greater accuracy than the Scar on single shot. The rounds have more velocity and accuracy. That's stupid when you actually look at the characteristics of each platform. Make the Scar perform like the platform it is and there will be much less DMR use, whilst still not overpowering the Scar itself due to the inherent trade offs in a 7.62 battle rifle with a reduce mag. Furthermore bring back the G3 and maybe the FN Fal.

Comment

DMRs are miserably bad in softcore, which is what this balance pass is trying to address. The SCAR-H is better at the DMRs' role than the DMRs (which says something, because as Wicks says, the SCAR-H isn't exactly that great). Whether it will affect hardcore is a different matter. I suspect it won't make much of a difference at the roles TG uses the DMRs at, while improving them at medium ranges.
                  I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

And more shotguns like the one I run. As it is now, if I'm moving I can't hit anything I aim at because of deviation. Now I can run/gun it. Not sure I'm happy about these tweaks.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                      And more shotguns like the one I run. As it is now, if I'm moving I can't hit anything I aim at because of deviation. Now I can run/gun it. Not sure I'm happy about these tweaks.
                      Also Changes to DMR's do not appear to have all that much of an impact. They are only slightly, and I do mean slightly improved. But there appears to be another issues where the hit marker does not appear when shooting at anything over close quarter ranges. So far I've only been testing this with the DMR.
                      ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

I played a few rounds with the MK11 last night and definitely noticed an improvement. Previously you really had to wait between shots to regain accuracy. This is why you'd hear that 'psh psh psh' but never get hit, people were firing too fast and the spread increase made the gun horribly inaccurate. Now it feels a lot more accurate when taking multiple shots. I'm really liking it. I apologize in advance for the suppression noise while I'm killing you.

Comment

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01...-bf4-concerns/

Here is a piece detailing the developers thoughts on additional issues raised by some people.
                          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Using the duckbill barrel on shotguns took away any issue I may have had with them. I really didn't see a need to fix them. That said Dredge got a couple nice long distance shots on me last night with the slug that had me O_o

On vanilla servers the DMR's were painful to use from the low damage although they weren't bad in hardcore. I didn't like them much when the game first came out but I've since learned how to use them and Now plan to use them even more.

The 1911 really did need to be fixed, happy to see that.
                            Last edited by austforbeer; 01-31-2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos777b View Post
                              Also Changes to DMR's do not appear to have all that much of an impact. They are only slightly, and I do mean slightly improved. But there appears to be another issues where the hit marker does not appear when shooting at anything over close quarter ranges. So far I've only been testing this with the DMR.
                              I have to amend this post. I spent several hours playing around with the DMR's today and can defiantly tell there was an improvement. Not Sure what the issues was the other day. (Besides the hit marker issue)
                              ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X