Looking to the Future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to the Future

I was recently looking at some things on the battlelog website and began looking at the expansion packs that will be released for Battlefield 4 in the coming months.

Since the last battlefield installment I really put time into was Battlefield 2142, and there was only one expansion pack for that game (Northern Strike) I was wondering that as the DLCs are released for BF4, is the server map list going to include all the new maps from the different DLCs, thus requiring people who want to continue to play on our server in the coming months to buy all the DLCs?
    |TG6|Flarionice
    Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Re: Looking to the Future

*admin hat off*

This will be on the community honestly. If everyone wants/gets the DLC the server could reflect that, if it looks terrible and no one buys it, then it wouldn't be put on the server

*Admin hat on*
    It is too early to tell what the new DLC will be bringing to the table, as such it's hard to make any solid plans on it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Just to clarify, TG will be supporting the additional content as a default position. By that I mean that as long as the maps are of sufficient quality and conducive to quality, tactical play then they will be on the server. If they release something like 'Battle in a Broom Closet', 'Elevator Domination' or 'Blood-Bathroom' then no, much like the other supersmall CQB type maps they won't be in rotation.

Comment

To add to what Dredge has said, we are looking at only adding maps that fit our TG style of play/64p Conquest server. So if they release a DLC similar to the Close Quarters DLC of BF3, it would not be in the regular map rotation.
        sigpic

Comment

Ah, alright. Thanks for the (very) quick responses.
          |TG6|Flarionice
          Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
            'Elevator Domination'
            C4 dreamworld :)

On topic: glad that default posture is to have the DLC, i might get a few things from work to give to the BF4 community if someone need some dlc...NDA cant talk anymore. ;)
            Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

The next bit of DLC includes four redesigned maps we played alot in BF3:

Operation Metro
              Caspian Border
              Operation Firestorm
              Gulf of Oman

Metro with 64 players was a drag but I had many good fights on that map with a smaller playerbase. Some video I've seen appears to show destructible ceilings allowing insertion behind enemy lines. This will be a new dynamic on the map and hopefully will improve gameplay for larger groups.

I loved the other maps without reservation and I'm looking forward to getting them.

One of the future DLC packages will include water maps featuring boats (and ships?). Not a big fan of Paracel Storm so I'm a little hazy on how those will play out.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I would love to have the BF1942 wake island! With player controlled carriers and battleships! That would be awesome

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Wake was a great map. Loved it's reincarnation for BF3 as well.
                  Used to love going around the whole island and landing on the back side of the airfield
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I miss Karkand, I love Wake Island. I think I spent an entire summer in the Gulf of Oman after the 1stMIP disbanded in 2007.
                    sigpic

Comment

I was never a fan of Metro in BF3. My most consistent memory of that map is a constant barrage of grenades, rockets and 320s down the escalator stairs and the side stairs by the lockers. Normally, I would say "Flank em or find an alternate route." However that was almost impossible. Once the enemy team got the B flag, things went tumbling down a twirly side into a big congested mess and it was all over. With the revamp coming and the levolution/destruction that's available, I hope that things will be a little different.
                      |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

The one I really miss though is Al Basra from PR...say .5 version or so. That the 1st in Al Basra below this text.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Speaking of Wake Island.. and on another note... Anyone else beside myself wonder why DICE keeps flipping the maps around? Not flag wise, but turning the map 180 degrees.

In BF1942 and BF2 Wake was turned in the direction that the real island is.. then in BF3 it was turned 180 degrees. Yet they forget to rename the flags, with the North Village and Base at the bottom of the map. I also thought that the Wake Island map should have been made much bigger than it is, with a bigger lagoon and wider land mass, with much more land around the airfield area, maybe putting more than one flag near the airfield.

Then today I noticed that Altai Range has been turned with today's patch.. it was also mentioned by someone else on the server... and no Rockford, Echo was north of Delta before.:row__634:

Old version

New version
                          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                          E Pluribus Unum
                          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Wow! I never noticed that! Cool find. Wake Island was one of my favorites in BF2 and BF3. Wish they would've redone some of the other maps from BF2. Daqing Oilfields would've been a great one, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                            The one I really miss though is Al Basra from PR...say .5 version or so. That the 1st in Al Basra below this text.
                            That was a cool map. Kashan Desert was massive! Rounds on that map took at least an hour. There was a night time map too where you pretty much had to rely on NVG's or else you were blind in the dark. I don't remember what it was. I do remember alot of wooded areas and navigating through them to get to a flag that at a village. I was really hoping for a couple full-blown night time maps and NVGs in BF4. Or a couple maps where the FLIR and night vision optics on the guns would be a little more necessary. Who knows, maybe there will be a couple in the future DLC's.
                            |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Yeah Altai was really messing with my head. I constantly bring the map up while playing and it kept throwing me off having to reorient myself.

As far as the new maps: I can't wait for Oman, hate Metro with a passion and hope it's just not played on TG, and also miss Karkand, my favorite BF map of all time. Karkand would make a good "we're sorry" free map if it isn't planned for another DLC in the future.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X