Event Suggestions and Future Guides

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Suggestions and Future Guides

Hello all, to all the new BF4 TGers I am E_Leader, if you haven't heard of me join my squad when I am on and you will see just how I am.
    90% of the time I am a SL just because I rather enjoy having that level of responsibility on my shoulders.

Anyways I have an few ideas on my head and I would like to see how they are played out and if you guys would like to participate in them. I am going to do my best to bring constant BF4 events as much as possible. Like the old days, I rather enjoyed them and they are an GREAT way to start getting some ribbons rushed out to new and old players. I had to actually search my name in the forum and noticed I actually had about 3 or 4 ribbons, who knew? (PS Someone should send a PM to that player when they receive the ribbon so they know)

If you've seen me in game you notice I never use the same weapon, I've been field testing weapons and their uses and will write an guide for every weapon and best uses like I have written for BF3. (Yes i know there is guide already but mine is mostly on best accessories and reasons why.)

Second, Im a pretty good LB pilot at low altitudes, I will write an guide on how to navigate on low altitudes as well as best riding crew load out and squad perks.

Third, I have been field testing a Recon/Sniper as a SL and people (and pubbies) actually liked it because I constantly counter snipe the people sniping my squad. Also its very useful and I will write an guide on how this works, it really works... Also im not an static sniper, I constantly move around. Love smoke grenades!

EVENTS:
    I have two events in mind atm.

Back to Basics Again
    -Hosted this event twice with a good turnout and I've been tinkering in firing range to find out how to replicate this event if we can host it.
    -Pretty much same as before EXCEPT every weapon must use an HEAVY BARREL (BF2 Recoil was insane so ... the HB should be best to replicate) and Ironsights only except SL have an option for a 4x or not.
    -If your not familiar with this please go check it out from the BF3 Forum, people rather enjoyed it.

Assault Lines
    -Both teams attack from their main from flag to flag in order, no skipping flags.
    -1st team to push the other team back to main and hold that last flag for no more then 5 minutes wins (if bleed doesn't killed them off before then)
    -This would rather focus HEAVY on teamwork, lone wolfs can be picked off easy
    -Somewhat realistic, Real life armies attack in masses rather then squads here and there.
    -No worries about some lone sniper behind you near your main constantly sniping you in the back of your head all round.
    -Armor sticks together.

These are just some things I planed to get permission for, also I will request mixed mode days like we used to have, there are 4 modes that require teamwork and they work well on the TG server. I know we have been running CQ for the longest but if we can get permission I would love to see some other modes.

Please share your input. Thank you!
    Last edited by E_Leader; 01-29-2014, 05:21 PM.
    Please Be Warned...
    If you see me... Im never alone....
    My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Re: Event Suggestions and Future Guides

I would love to see other modes.
    BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

I think a mixed mode night sounds pretty fun, provided its the right type of round for the number of people. Because what I found on the afternoon of the IHS event was that on some game modes, one team had a heavy advantage over the other, and it took away from the fun of the match.

Also the two even types you posted seem interesting. Though the first one may be harder to pull off where some people may not have the heavy barrel unlocked for whichever weapon they may be using.

The second would be fun to try, if we could get everyone to go along with it and not have them try to keep jumping flags like a regular round
      |TG6|Flarionice
      Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Originally posted by Flario View Post
        I think a mixed mode night sounds pretty fun, provided its the right type of round for the number of people. Because what I found on the afternoon of the IHS event was that on some game modes, one team had a heavy advantage over the other, and it took away from the fun of the match.

Also the two even types you posted seem interesting. Though the first one may be harder to pull off where some people may not have the heavy barrel unlocked for whichever weapon they may be using.

The second would be fun to try, if we could get everyone to go along with it and not have them try to keep jumping flags like a regular round
        Though the first one may be harder to pull off where some people may not have the heavy barrel unlocked for whichever weapon they may be using.
        -Well the thing is, I believe server settings will allow all weapons and unlocks avi for everyone. So that wont be a issue.... I hope

The second would be fun to try, if we could get everyone to go along with it and not have them try to keep jumping flags like a regular round.
        -Should be fine, just admin kill the lone wolf and say he hit a landmine :P
        Please Be Warned...

Comment

We are discussing event nights currently amongst the Admin Team and definitely want to run them more often so this thread is welcome.

Points to note. The unlocks setting does not work correctly, at least it hasn't done since release hence we haven't gone unranked. This has been stated numerous times.

We will do some more tests this week to see if it works any better. In the meantime please post your ideas.

Comment

So in the meantime I have been going over the maps and seeing what are the best for the Assault Lines and what shall NOT be added.

Siege of Shanghai Even Favor
            -Will Work Perfectly.
            -Expecting Large Scale Battles over the Bridge and Even in the Lobby Below C Flag, The fight for the Elevators would be rather epic seeing how no one ever fights below C flag.
            -No Rooftop Snipers always shooting you in the back as often. I hope.
            -Attack Chopper and Transport Chopper need to stick together for once.

Paracel Storm CN Favor
            -Will Work Slightly.
            -US goes for E, CN goes for A
            -Because E is an downed US carrier... Troops must secure their own first. (I think it is...)
            -Tough fight for D and C due to constant fire from B area

XXX Operation Locker Even Favor
            -Lol... No

[XXX Flood Zone US Favor
            -Will Work Slightly
            -Large scale battle over B and C both above and below ground.
            -CN has to work hard due to US forces getting advantage to rooftops
            -Might not run this map due to unbalanced flags.

XXX Golmud Railway CN Favor
            -Will work Slightly
            -Going to be tough due to rapid flags at start
            -RU Must cap bottom 3 first before moving up hill
            -M143 Control is off... RU Favor slightly but CN Air should balance that out.

Dawnbreaker Even Favor
            -Should be good all around.
            -Expecting good battle for the control of C flag.
            -Armor support is key.

Hainan Resort Even Favor
            -Will work perfectly
            -Attack Boats will be great for ranged support with TV or Mobile Sea AA
            -Major Attacking battle for C flag, M143 is team gain.
            -Sniper support would gain either team when fighting for C flag.

XXX Lancang Dam Even Favor
            -Will work fine.
            -C flag will be tide turner.

Rogue Transmission RU Favor
            -Will work fine.
            -RU has advantage for C flag which gives them the AA
            -CN will have to push hard from D and E to get C or else all is lost.

Zavod 311 Even Favor
            -Will work Perfectly.
            -M143 gain will benefit whomever gets it.
            -Fight for C and D should be rather epic, Armor support will greatly gain whomever uses it wisely.
            -Sniper support is useless.

XXX Altai Range CN Favor
            -Favors CN heavily due to D flag close to other flags.
            -CN has hillside advantage.
            -Might not run this map due to unbalanced flags. (Players Choice)

Dragon Pass Even Favor
            -Tons of armor support is needed.
            -D flag advantage
            -Both teams have to move rapidly to get to D flag.
            -Sniper support is key.

XXX Guilin Peaks CN Favor
            -Will not run.
            -Too small flags unbalanced. (Unless less then 30 players)

Silk Road Even favor
            -Should work perfectly.
            -Massive armor battle/Support Armor
            -D Flag advantage
            -Slight CN gain due to Hill side of E flag.

Please share your interest / concerns. This is an public matter. Everyone is involved.

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
            We are discussing event nights currently amongst the Admin Team and definitely want to run them more often so this thread is welcome.

Points to note. The unlocks setting does not work correctly, at least it hasn't done since release hence we haven't gone unranked. This has been stated numerous times.

We will do some more tests this week to see if it works any better. In the meantime please post your ideas.
            The unlocks setting does not work correctly, at least it hasn't done since release hence we haven't gone unranked. This has been stated numerous times.
            I am familiar with the setting not working, the B2B event is just a suggestion IF it is up and running, if not then I have an alternative.
            Please Be Warned...

Comment

Cool, I'll run some tests this weekend to see if we can get the unranked/unlocked settings working. Keep at it with the event ideas and when you settle on some things you want to try let us know and we'll work with you to make it happen. Have you thought about running a poll if you end up with multiple options, or running a series of events over several nights? Either way we can work on promoting it, get some graphics done etc.

Comment

Use to play Protect/kill the HVT (like king of the hill) some other groups of guys, was a lot fun to do it and i think could be very tactical if you guys are open to suggest.

1 HVT, only pistol / 2 bodyguards only with PDW or LMG (no claymores or c4), they cannot leave the HVT alone must remain close to him / rest of the team all weapons free except for sniper rifles. The only kill that counts is the HVT, nothing else.

For all the kits weapons without anything (this help the ones that diddnt unlock certain scope or other stuff)

Just my 2 pesos if im allow to.
                Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

[MENTION=17094]Wicks[/MENTION] For an event, I'm not sure there's any reason you can't do it unranked. The reasons not to do unranked are (1) it'll be really hard to get players who aren't part of the community/have TG on their favorites already to fill out the server and (2) you can't set it so that all attachments are available.

In the case of 1, that's usually not a problem with events, where the need for "new" players is less pronounced.

In the case of 2, it can probably just be set to "use statistics" and let people have the attachments and weapons they would otherwise have if you ran the server ranked. There'd be no loss of attachments. The reason that's a problem for everyday server usage is that players won't continue unlocking attachments essentially freezing their unlock progress unless they play off TG's server. But since it's only an even type of thing, the harm from that is largely mitigated.

Comment

In the past unranked/unlocked hasn't always given you the unlocks you should have, never mind the full range. We tested it every update. Since we haven't tested in a while I aim to try it Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Comment

i haven't tested the "allow all unlocks" setting, but back when I had my own server in december (to do the maps), I had my full attachment unlocks using the default "use stats" setting while unranked if I recall.

Comment

On a different note:

I love assault and I frequently wish that there were assault maps in the game (I think locker would be a lot more fun if you could cap out your enemy). A few questions, e-leader:

1. What happens in the case of the swapped flag? In other words, let's say US has ABC and works on getting D. Meanwhile, CN has DEF and is working on C. They flip at the same time. Now you're left with US having AB-D and CN with C-EF.

2. I'm not sure how assault lines worked in other games, but in 2142 it was usually only the last flag that you couldn't cap out until all others were taken (and in assault, there were no locked flags at all.). Might it be easier for maps where UCBs are sort of sideways to the map to do this? It might be easier to monitor too as you don't have to keep cracking the whip on people to fall off a flag they're capping because some other flag was capped and so forth.

What I mean by "sideways":

In Golmud, both teams have UCBs that fairly close to a lot of the flags, roughly the same distance from most flags. Sure, one team can cap A and the other B faster, but except for E and G they're pretty similar. The same is true of Paracel.

Compare that to a very linear map like Locker or Hainan that naturally feeds the take A then B then C flow and you see the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                          Cool, I'll run some tests this weekend to see if we can get the unranked/unlocked settings working. Keep at it with the event ideas and when you settle on some things you want to try let us know and we'll work with you to make it happen. Have you thought about running a poll if you end up with multiple options, or running a series of events over several nights? Either way we can work on promoting it, get some graphics done etc.
                          I plan on starting a campaign and keeping up an series of events, if planning goes well I can attempt to maintain at least 2 events a week.
                          As for the poll, I am still organizing this, once I have a set plan I guess I can throw it in.
                          Ill get to to work on this one for now and drop it in CAA.

Originally posted by marpla78 View Post
                          Use to play Protect/kill the HVT (like king of the hill) some other groups of guys, was a lot fun to do it and i think could be very tactical if you guys are open to suggest.

1 HVT, only pistol / 2 bodyguards only with PDW or LMG (no claymores or c4), they cannot leave the HVT alone must remain close to him / rest of the team all weapons free except for sniper rifles. The only kill that counts is the HVT, nothing else.

For all the kits weapons without anything (this help the ones that diddnt unlock certain scope or other stuff)

Just my 2 pesos if im allow to.
                          See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjbDY4a-Nbg
                          Alot of modes codes have been showned to be promising, getting such organization for these kind of modes would be very hard and tiring and require TONS of fellowship. If you think we can run it put it out.

Originally posted by Zoraster View Post
                          On a different note:

I love assault and I frequently wish that there were assault maps in the game (I think locker would be a lot more fun if you could cap out your enemy). A few questions, e-leader:

1. What happens in the case of the swapped flag? In other words, let's say US has ABC and works on getting D. Meanwhile, CN has DEF and is working on C. They flip at the same time. Now you're left with US having AB-D and CN with C-EF.

2. I'm not sure how assault lines worked in other games, but in 2142 it was usually only the last flag that you couldn't cap out until all others were taken (and in assault, there were no locked flags at all.). Might it be easier for maps where UCBs are sort of sideways to the map to do this? It might be easier to monitor too as you don't have to keep cracking the whip on people to fall off a flag they're capping because some other flag was capped and so forth.

What I mean by "sideways":

<<IMAGE REMOVED>>

In Golmud, both teams have UCBs that fairly close to a lot of the flags, roughly the same distance from most flags. Sure, one team can cap A and the other B faster, but except for E and G they're pretty similar. The same is true of Paracel.

Compare that to a very linear map like Locker or Hainan that naturally feeds the take A then B then C flow and you see the difference.

Well I removed Locker from the list only because its too much of load on one team if they get push back to main... then people would start complaining of camping matters... Unlike other maps where there are mutliple ways out.

Well, this is fore sought and may happen but not too often, Most of the time there is a defending squad/squads at their last flag, even in normal settings I keep my squad on a flag defending it even when it is close to our main. Normally in the event this happens, neither team can push, so they must HOLD that foward flag and try to get their previous flag before they can push forward. Similar to BF2:PR or Planetside2. Even in real life situations, an army wont advance if they dont have an secured backdrop.

Yeah.. i kinda cought that after I posted, but Assasult Lines wont be the official name. I am going to make campaigns out of these since I have a few maps to tinker with. More or less.... 3-4 maps an event only because I dont want to tire people out if one side is destroying the other. But maps shouldnt be a problem. If you've seen in my previous post I have picked out all the maps that show to be even. Golmud is one that may not be played due to its unbalance of flags to main ratios. But Paracel is different. Flags A and E are strategic which I explained.

If anyone else has questions I will answer! I am still working on further details.
                          Please Be Warned...

Comment

Ditto on the mixed modes. I'm up for that.
                            |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Guys, why go unranked, just password the server for the event and release password after.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X