Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

read this if you suffer graphic problems/performance...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• read this if you suffer graphic problems/performance...

Todays update released some Mantle thing, not for us nvideo users but read about it, and how to use the settings if you've been have graphic issues mainly in performance with the other cards supported:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...4-mantle-live/
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: read this if you suffer graphic problems/performance...

According to AMD, Mantle will be available starting with the 14.1 beta drivers...

Imminent AMD Catalyst Driver Release To Enable Mantle, Fix Frame Pacing Issues, and Support HSA Features on Kaveri
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 - by Marco Chiappetta
    AMD has a new set of drivers coming in a couple of days that are poised to resolve a number of longstanding issues and enable a handful of new features as well, most notably support for Mantle.

Though the number/naming convention may change by the time the drivers are actually released, we’re told the upcoming Catalyst 14.1 betas are going to be the first publicly available drivers from AMD that will support Mantle, AMD’s “close to the metal” API that’ll let developers wring additional performance from GCN-based GPUs. However, the new drivers will also add support for the HSA-related features introduced with the recently released Kaveri APU, and will reportedly fix the frame pacing issues associated with Radeon HD 7000 series CrossFire configurations, running at resolutions above 1600p. AMD introduced frame pacing into their graphics drivers a few months ago, but resolutions above 2560x1600 were not supported, which meant Eyefinity or 4K monitor owners were out of luck. In addition, we’re told the Catalyst 14.1 drivers will fix frame pacing issues with dual-graphics (APU + Discrete) configurations as well.
    Source

Comment

Will some kind soul post when these drivers are actually released? I'm hoping they will solve several graphical issues the game has when I play...

Comment

still waiting on that Coridon

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Released! The AMD Catalyst™ 14.1 Beta Driver

Installed and testing to follow. (GPU: R9 290 on H2O, Win 8.1)

:icon_frow
          |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
          sigpic

Comment

Specs:

R9 280X 3GB OC
            I7 980X OC @4.2 GHz
            12GB SDRAM OC @ 1.6GHz

FPS on DirectX 11 Ultra ~60 FPS

FPS on Mantle Ultra ~80 FPS

Initially Mantle gave great performance. As the round wore on, I started getting horrible stutters that would bring the FPS down into the 30s for brief periods. I was playing on a UK server with a 90-100ms latency. I will test again on a low latency server.

Mantle is promising.

Comment

I've encountered an issue on my setup, BF4 crashes on entering the options menu. The suggested solution for this is to disable any integrated gpu on your system. I haven't tested yet but for most this seems to be the fix.

I also read that AMD will be releasing a follow up driver soon with better optimization for bf4.
              sigpic

Comment

I had bf4 running on 32 bit, which caused the Mantle option not to come up. You have to run the game in 64-bit mode. I used the Raptr app to configure the settings to quallity and the FPS were in the 30-40 range, on the balanced level they nicely stick to 60. Not sure if there is a benefit, as it seems like things didn't change. I have a 7970 and a i2500k.

Comment

Has potential but gives huge lag spikes randomly right now. Still, potential.

Comment

Running mantle on a r90x and got about a 20fps boost from about 70fps to 90. I did experience the stutter, but it was just for 1 second then returned to normal.

In the known bugs they mention:
                    Mantle performance for the AMD Radeon™ HD 7000/HD 8000 Series GPUs and AMD Radeon™ R9 280X and R9 270X GPUs will be optimized for BattleField 4™ in future AMD Catalyst™ releases. These products will see limited gains in BattleField 4™ and AMD is currently investigating optimizations for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      Released! The AMD Catalyst™ 14.1 Beta Driver

Installed and testing to follow. (GPU: R9 290 on H2O, Win 8.1)
                      INstalled. Frequent crashes within minutes of joining. Looking into it now.
                      sigpic

Comment

After using mantle for a few days a new little glitch seems to have surfaced. If I join a sever the next day without restarting my computer I'll be stuck at around 40-50% of my normal FPS. Restarting the game doesn't fix it only restarting. Very odd!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X