love it when a sqd comes together...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• love it when a sqd comes together...

Hard to get much squad work in BF4 without belonging to a group like Tactical Gamer, playing together... but once in a while you get a random squad that just clicks, works together and plays the way BF4 was meant to be played.

And usually it starts by the squad leader, taking charge, communicating, motivating, and not only issuing orders but convincing others to work with you... IE: "Hey, I know your in a chopper, that's fine, were taking B... fly over and give us a recon report" or "OK, I'm in a safe spot, spawn on me next death and lets take D together".

You get my point. ;)

bf4 2014-02-06 13-02-12-03.jpg

Not a great score or K/D rate... but anytime I see my random sqd up on top, I likey. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: love it when a sqd comes together...

Had this happen a month back or so...random server and i started a squad, few guys joined and a few had mics, and the ones that didn't still listened! we held the center flag on silk road for the entire round with talking commander support, everyone was happy. One of my favorite moments of BF4 so far
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Yeah..it's amazing what using Good Comms and Giving orders via the Hud will do. In fact it seems like I get more friend request from folks I don't remember because they were in a Squad I led..win or loose. Sometimes playing the game gets frustrating for folks without a leader..I know it is for me.. Plus the SL gets bonus points for issuing orders..so why not do it.? Geez...
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
        Had this happen a month back or so...random server and i started a squad, few guys joined and a few had mics, and the ones that didn't still listened! we held the center flag on silk road for the entire round with talking commander support, everyone was happy. One of my favorite moments of BF4 so far
        Had something similar happen last night. I was leading a squad of mostly pubs, and a regular who communicated via chat. All it took was for me to start yakking on the mic and marking objectives and whatnot, and the pubs with mics broke their silence. The couple pubs that didn't have mics fell in and stuck with me as well, acknowledging my orders through the commo-rose and a bit of comms through chat here and there. Had this happen on a random server the other day, as well. Nobody spoke up until I started talking and calling out targets and then BOOM. Everybody started communicating. I think some people are just a little shy sometimes and feel more comfortable to speak up when somebody else starts doing it.
        |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Had some time off this week and managed to get quite a few games in on consecutive nights on our server and it's been a blast. Met some great new people many of which were keen to give and receive orders and work together. Seen quite a few repeat visitors and even squad'd up with a few repeat occasions. Some real good games this week and very heartening to meet like minded gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalDrummer View Post
            ... and then BOOM. Everybody started communicating. I think some people are just a little shy sometimes and feel more comfortable to speak up when somebody else starts doing it.
            Agreed. IMO, most "guests" are not used to people communicating in-game, except for the screaming kids, and squadies yelling at them for one reason or another. I have found that if I just continue talking like I always do, someone will start to chime in.

I have not had to have someone removed from the server for a couple weeks now... Even those with out VOIP "enabled", are hearing me, are responding to orders, are falling in with the squad. It is only tagged TG who seem to get lost mid round :/
            Last edited by ANGELofDEATH; 02-06-2014, 07:54 PM.
            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
            E Pluribus Unum
            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Had it happen today. Had my own squad with a buddy. Hil3illy and AlvinMaker and one other TG member joined and away we went. Was nice to meet those guys and lookoing forward to other rounds with them, publicly anyway.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop by! Those were good rounds [MENTION=89371]Mantis_unc[/MENTION]. Once we got talking there was no stopping us! 😀

Look forward to more rounds in the future, on our and other servers.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
                  Look forward to more rounds in the future, on our and other servers.
                  Were you recruiting on other servers again? lol [slow clap] ... I have gotten a couple new friends lately from playing on other servers. Got the friend requests as soon as I quit the game.

Amazing how addictive communication is to those players who dont know other players use it other than to yell obscenities at each other.
                  theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                  E Pluribus Unum
                  Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

You were second place in score on your team...that is a great score! What are you talking about, "not a great score", that was awesome!
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X