Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF4 Rules for the game as you come in and how to know what they are?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF4 Rules for the game as you come in and how to know what they are?????

Hi Guys

I just wanted first to let all of you to know how nice it is to be remembered as a BF2/POE/PR guy.

On another subject; wanted to ask if there is a way to let someone that has just entered the game to know when a special rule need to be applied to the game in play. I know that there is always TS but not all of us go there first "LIKE ME" and this may be the a problem but not the only solution. I say this because I have has to be friends with some non TGers that like our form of play but have not decide to join the community as of yet.
    I also want to say sorry if I have joined and disrupted the game without the knowledge of rules without prior knowledge of the said rule. We all have Ideas of ways we should play certain games but please remember we don't all think the same what all the time as "Me" Some Engineers think weird some time".

Thanks

York
    [TG] C4_SGT_YORK

Re: BF4 Rules for the game as you come in and how to know what they are?????

The rules are what they are and they are listed in the sticky.

Are you talking about the low pop gentlemen's agreements that sometimes take place? (like pistols only on low pop seed maps ie Locker)

I wouldn't worry too much about 'accidentally' playing the game only to be informed that one of these 'gentlemen's agreement' is in place.

Comment

If it is a gentleman's agreement, it is usually stated as such as soon as that player is seen in game.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

The only rule is knife Dredge. Often.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

And usually there is a no vehicles Gentleman's agreement too with low server Pop
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Photometric View Post
            This is clearly the most important rule.

Comment

Yes this is when there is Low population:
              [TG] C4_SGT_YORK

Comment

The gentleman's agreement is hard to enforce with guests. . Who often don't care about the agreement. . Nor having a good time fighting over a couple designated flags
                theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                E Pluribus Unum
                Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by Knives View Post
                  Originally posted by Photometic
                  This is clearly the most important rule.
                  Classic. :D

The Gentlemen's Agreement is just a agreed upon set of conditions for when we are seeding up the server. This allows us to not have to worry about vehicles or running around the entire map (for larger maps) and let's us concentrate on squad work and fighting over a single point (or a select few points). Often times, we usually agree on no vehicles, fight over a central flag, and/or pistols only (to keep it entertaining).
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I think York's real concern,(based on a experience I had in his squad on low pop), is how these are enforced. Sometimes, Regulars, including Admins, have reacted very harshly and very one sided based on these agreements.

This has happened numerous times for example: Side A is mainly pubbies, Side B has admins. Side A kills SIde B Admin with Tank/Helo/etc. Side B players and Admins state the "rule" aka gentlemen's agreement in chat( which you can turn off, ignore, or is often delayed). Side A then gets killed by Tank/Helo/etc. Side A scratches head and uses Tank/Helo/Etc again. Then Side B, usually the Admins, direct the warning to the specific offender from Side A. Side A is then again killed by Tank/Helo/etc from Side B. So Side A either makes remarks in chat and/or jumps back in Tank/Helo/etc. This leads to Side B admins making threats, etc. So either chat degrades or a player gets kicked.

The confusing part is the side without the admin, was repeatedly killed by a vehicle, non-pistol, etc whatever the temporary rule is. So when they react and since it's low population, the admin is often the victim, the admin reacts as if a real rule was violated. So for those on the non-admin side it appears that you are being targeted for killing an admin, not so much violating any rule or that the rule only applies to the non-admin side.

There are 6 rules posted. The end. It's a game, so don't take things so personally, especially a gentlemen's agreement. Also, these things are so hard to enforce or explain and ensure that everyone on the server has seen, I don't know why they are continued.

I get the belief of some that it's no fun to play whack-a-mole or get killed by a hardcore tanker repeatedly, but I would imagine just as many think Pistols only is boring as well as no vehicle. I personally despise pistols only.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I haven't seen anyone kicked for a "violation" of the Gentlemen's agreements but then I haven't been seeding in the last couple of weeks. There have been admonitions to play team during seeding but even these are taken differently as we're typically not really playing the full game when we don't have enough players to play the entire map. We usually bring other flags into play to extend the game when one team has a ticket advantage or we have a pubbie playing whack-a-flag.The agreements are usually flexible as players outside of TS are harder to "control" and exceptions are always allowed in an effort to grow the community. Most of the break downs occur as we approach numbers that make playing the full map appropriate and some of us use different timing to move back to full kits.

The exception is when we have had admins cursed for attempting to relay the agrreements to non-regulars, then they are shown the door.
                      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

If there is a issue with the Admins it would be nice if people used CAA or approached me directly, even if it's about me:row__733:, rather than perhaps unintentionally call out the whole Admin Team in a vague manner. It's hard to address issues this way and unpleasant to be implicated in doing something allegedly 'wrong'.

I'll make something clear, Gentlemen's agreements are all well and good but they are not rules on the server and never have been. They are not enforceable by Admins nor players. I will ensure that policy is adhered to in future if there has been any confusion, for which I apologise.

That being said this is a Community and being part of a community involves a bit of cooperation and consideration. A bit of give and take. I suspect many people find pistols only boring. I also suspect that when there are perhaps less than 10 people on the server a lot of people would find it incredibly self centred to insist on taking a tank or helo and just pounding the 4 infantry over and over to bump up your k/d. In fact I'd go as far as saying that was blindingly, stupifyingly obvious. That essentially focuses the whole game on one player and the asset they just have to use.

It is hard work seeding a server and perhaps those of you who get on later in the evening don't fully appreciate how fragile the population is in the early part of the day. A couple of players with that unintentional I am sure, "I do what I want" attitude can make building population very hard. When population is low it isn't much fun to be constantly near spawn killed by someone in a littlebird/tank/attack helo. It drives people away. Most of these agreements are made in good faith by the actual players to try and focus play, due to numbers, make it fun etc. If it's fun people who join will stay, if it's being shelled by someone in a tank when you have only 4 a side, then often they just leave. That's pretty much been my experience of gameservers since I started playing online games. Many other servers have set rules about when armour/vehicles can be used as regards population. We do not, relying on a mature playerbase to sort things out amongst themselves.

I think any 'harsh' reactions, without justifying them, may stem from frustration at times. You've been diligently seeding for an hour, trying to make it fun for people, get the server going then someone joins and despite the fact no one else is using vehicles as it's 4v4 they jump in a LB and start hammering people. I imagine the "Really mate, you can't see we have 8 people playing infantry, we're trying to get things going, help us and you can fly that thing in a full game. Alternatively you can rack up some more kills and drive people away". There's two sides to this discussion and good communication, tolerance and give and take should ensure there is room for everyone to have fun.

Comment

Personally, I have never, ever seen an admin enforce a gentleman's agreement. They might be playing at the time, and write notes in chat, but not one has enforced it with Admin privileges. As a player asking someone to comply and as an admin enforcing the server rules are two different things.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Originally posted by Photometric View Post
                            Personally, I have never, ever seen an admin enforce a gentleman's agreement. They might be playing at the time, and write notes in chat, but not one has enforced it with Admin privileges. As a player asking someone to comply and as an admin enforcing the server rules are two different things.
                            If anything, admins will usually tell players that the GA isn't a rule so isn't enforceable. The best we can do is try to encourage pubbies to work with us rather against us. Usually the ones I've seen get kicked are the ones that start bad mouthing other players when we are trying to get them to agree to no armor/infantry only. Why players need to resort to foul language for such a minor disagreement is disappointing to say the least.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                              If there is a issue with the Admins it would be nice if people used CAA or approached me directly, even if it's about me:row__733:, rather than perhaps unintentionally call out the whole Admin Team in a vague manner. It's hard to address issues this way and unpleasant to be implicated in doing something allegedly 'wrong'.
                              If my post was taken as that, please do not.

My post was merely a representation of how things are perceived when you are on the other side in one of these fiascoes. I've been on both, so I find myself sympathetic to the less informed (non-admin) side when seeding and one of these agreements is attempted to be enforced and a question of use arises. Things may not be as obvious to pubs and regulars as TG veterans think.
                              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...