Q. on iPunish iForgive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q. on iPunish iForgive?

On those servers that use it, does punishing someone count against your own teams ticket? What if you don't type anything, does it automatically forgive or punish? I don't see how anyone has time to even stop and type in iPunish or iForgive, especially on Locker, which happens a lot.

I know I don't even bother... just keep going.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Q. on iPunish iForgive?

On most servers a punish is an immediate slay of the player being punished. On some it increments a kick count.

Comment

What draeh said. !punish kills the offending player immediately while also subtracting a ticket. Which has always amazed me at why players would do that. All they are doing is wasting more tickets because they are mad they got FF'ed. It is silly.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Does an admin kill actually show in your deaths? Cause if it doesn't, I doubt it would take a ticket.

It's like our sniper limit. I don't believe it gives you a death or takes a ticket.

I could be wrong though.
        |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
          What draeh said. !punish kills the offending player immediately while also subtracting a ticket. Which has always amazed me at why players would do that. All they are doing is wasting more tickets because they are mad they got FF'ed. It is silly.
          Well, intentional TKs do happen. I can see why a punishment system is necessary there, if an admin is not around.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

.... Ehhh I do not think leaving it up to the players is the best idea. The server already has a pre set limit after which it will kick you from the game. On The other hand I do prefer to have it setup to notify you when you make a TK, as sometimes your not sure if you TKed or the enemy standing behind them killed them. (you know the one you where shooting at)
            ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

I don't think its being suggested for the TG server.

Comment

Nope, was just asking on the servers that do it.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

speaking of punish, yeah it's no bueno, People get upset because they walk in your line of fire, or they were C4-ing a tank that you were already engaging, and so they get mad because they don't have good situation awareness, i'm glad TG doesn't have it, it also kills your ticket count, I've seen people punish immediately everytime when they go rambo constantly and get themselves killed, it's just an immature thing to do

Comment

Originally posted by digitalcassette View Post
                    .....People get upset because they walk in your line of fire, or they were C4-ing a tank that you were already engaging, and so they get mad because they don't have good situation awareness....
                    Or running over your well-placed mines with reckless abandon. Or hanging out by that burning tank that I just took out, that's about to explode. Or trying to squeeze through a doorway that you're actively shooting into. Or hey, let's make it 5 people instead of one, trying to squeeze through that doorway or stairwell that I'm trying to clear. In turn, I either miss my shot and the target takes us all out, because people don't seem to understand that gobbing up in a doorway or stairwell together is a guaranteed kill zone. Or my rounds take them out as they try to zerg past me and they complain. Situational awareness, folks. And also, for crying out loud, Get up the stairs. Get through the door. Get. Out. Of. The. Killzone.
                    |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

People walking into the line of dire (as I call it) are going to be killed by me if I am engaging an enemy and they choose to run in front of where I am firing. If I stop firing, the enemy won't stop, what generally tends to happen if I stop is both the person running in front of me and I get killed. So, I am apologizing ahead of time if I kill you while you walk in front of me as I am engaging an enemy.

C4 is a slightly different story since it takes longer to close the gap to the armor than it does for the time to press the trigger. If you see someone approaching on a C4 run, do you willingly press the trigger anyway, especially for a 1st hit? I see that as a problem with situational awareness on the engineer's part. Attempted C4 runs that would be executed properly are ruined because of an engineer who needs to get that first shot on a tank when someone was already positioning to get C4 on the armor. (opens pandora's box) If the ordinance is already flying, that's different. However, I did have about 3 C4 runs ruined because someone who had to see me going for the C4 run pop off their ordinance giving away my position. And the reason I say they had to see me is because I heard and saw the ordinance fly over my shoulder as I was running.
                      Last edited by Photometric; 02-11-2014, 02:45 PM.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

My whole thing is, if you see me putting rounds down range and actively engaging a target, either move around me, or give me a heads up that you're moving in front of me. Don't blindly run into my field of fire and then complain when I take you out by accident in the process. Accidents do happen, but a little situation awareness and common sense (and communication!) goes a long way. My two cents.

Photo: I hear ya on that. I've been in that boat a few times before - whether it was a C4 run, or running for a freshly abandoned enemy armor. Somebody gets trigger happy and launches off a rocket and either kills me in the process, or ruins the element of surprise.
                        |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

On some engineers defense, I usually dont tarry when trying to engage armor on foot. I will peek out of cover, fire my RPG and dive back into cover. Its not that Im trying squeeze a hit before you kill him rather than I really didnt see you running for him. Now Im sure there are trigger happy engineers out there for sure, but some of us actually feel bad after TKing =)

Comment

My personal favourite, you throw a grenade at an enemy and they run to knife them and get blown up..

Or in the middle of arming an objective in rush and get punished.

I hate the punish system. It's moronic.

I guess it was made to stop people tk'ing intentionally, but people just !punish like a reaction as if it was blinking when dirt gets in their eye. When a genuine accident happens it's just expected to get !punished

Glad TG doesn't have it

Comment

It sounds like a system made for servers without admins.
                              |TG|Melee
                              Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...