BAD Habits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAD Habits

I find myself constantly doing dumb things either out of forgetfulness or sometimes on purpose just for a laugh. I was never one to care about my KDR, it was always about having a good time. That being said lately I find myself slipping into the habits gained from playing BF3 on the console for two years that are invading my tactical play. Everyone has those moments where they tell themselves "Man, I got to stop doing that" And im not talking about bunny hopping. So here it goes, all my bad habits.

1. Forgetting to switch up kits. ie bringing an engineer kit into locker. easy fix though if you remember to switch after you die.
    2. Sometimes people just need to stay dead, but sometimes I will risk an almost sure death to revive a fallen team mate which = just more tickets lost.
    3. When trying to be stealthy with a squad and I drop an ammo or health pack that just yells "Come shoot me Im over here!" Its almost muscle memory when I spawn in.
    4. Holding fire until I have a good chance of hitting my target, something I never do. I see an enemy all the way on the other side of the map shooting at my team, so I unleash the fury of a PDW at a thousand yards in hopes to distract the enemy and save a friendly, without paying attention to my own surroundings. " Say hello to my little friend " literally.
    5. Reloading and dropping supplies at the worst time=caught with my hands in my pants=dead.
    6. Stepping in front of someone elses fire, sometimes its hard to avoid and others I could have been more patient.

Things I do for fun that dosn't help anyone.
    1. Tossing flares at people and vehicles, I just find it funny, especially when it causes the enemy to turn and run.
    2. Driving EOD bots

Well that's all I can think of, feel free to share your bad habits and or ways you think you could improve your game, I know my biggest problem is playing with a logitech 310, I need more buttons! :)

Re: BAD Habits

just a couple things i wanted to add shane :) the ENG kit isn't a bad thing on locker, I for one use the EOD bot to distract enemies (and you'd be surprised how often people will turn away from a door with known enemies to shoot a little bot running in the opposite direction), I also like to say that driving the EOD bot DOES help your team, as long as it's done in a tactical way, I've used the EOD bot on numerous occasions to pester Armor so my teammates can get close with C4 and it's a very handy tool on rush maps as well as big open maps where you don't want to stick your head out but you can send the little bot along and it might not get noticed until it's too late (aka roll up on a sniper with it), as for the Flares :) That's an old school tactic I used to use A-LOT in my counter-strike days... but back then it was a smoke grenade, I'd throw a flash-bang, then wait 5 seconds and throw a smoke, people will turn away from the smoke thinking it's another flash and BANG get shot in the rear

So I don't think you've got bad habits so much as good habits you're not using properly...

as for the ammo & health kit drops... WTF that's so dumb i hate how the guy "HEY HERE'S YOUR AMMO RIGHT HERE BUDDY", i wish they would turn that off

Comment

1. Reloading at the wrong time and getting caught with my pants down.
      2. Not having enough rounds in my mag and forgetting to reload after clearing an area and moving on.
      3. I used to run around corners. I had to discipline myself to slow down and check corners instead of barreling around them at full sprint.
      4. Tunnel vision. If I'm holding a certain spot, I gotta remind myself sometimes to keep an eye on my flanks, instead of being focused in one direction. Same goes for corners. Check to the left (or right) as well as straight ahead.
      5. Getting trigger happy and throwing recoil control out the window in a fit of panic. Thus leaving me with an empty mag, an enemy that is still standing and ready to shoot me in the face.
      6. Not using the proper optics for the right situation. (I run 3.4 or 4x for long range, coupled with canted ironsights for close range. Or red dot with a magnifier.) I stumble upon somebody in a building or close-quarters situation, I go to ADS and I'm still in "long-range-mode". And thus, I get shot in the face. (Red dots and close range optics are faster to bring up than an ACOG).
      7. Chasing people around corners.
      8. Not making sure the area is clear before I go for that revive.
      |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

My biggest one probably is going for the sure-death revives...its always a great feeling tho getting your buddy up and alive, and SOMEHOW your still alive...miracles :p

did a ton of this on Altai Range (i butchered the name im guessing), in e-leader's squad the other night

I also reload too often, caught with meh pants on the ground :)
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Going for the knife instead of shooting the guy...but well we all have those dumb thing about ourselves that we love...so im ok with this one ;)

PS: i know Dredge will understand this.
          Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by digitalcassette View Post
            That's an old school tactic I used to use A-LOT in my counter-strike days.
            Ah man :) CS got me started with PC gaming. Yea I did the same tactic lol especially on long hall in office. The good old days :)

Comment

I am not a fantastically accurate shooter so I will always keep my primaries mags topped off. Sometimes this leads to me face palming as I reload a LMG after firing 5 rounds.

When I corner people behind an object or room I will normally throw a grenade to try and finish them off. 90% of the time they run out with the grenade in mid air or just as it lands. In either case I haven't leveled my primary and buddy then smokes me. I have been doing this since 2142 and I still haven't learned.
              Proud to be Irregular

sigpic

Comment

Playing with girl gammers when wife is in the room.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Ah man :) CS got me started with PC gaming. Yea I did the same tactic lol especially on long hall in office. The good old days :)
                  At LAN Parties we play CS:S

Must try tactic >:)
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Taking your pants off while reloading? Is this some new unlock? ;)

My name only bad habit in BF4 is I forget to play sometimes.

Comment

Forget to play? It calls to me...it's my only addiction.
                      |TG|Melee
                      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

If you are going to be stealthy you have to do more than keep quiet. Some thumb rules I usually run by:

1. As a start, conserve your ammo and tell your squadmates make their shots count. This saves you from dropping ammo or health which is a dead ringer of giving away your position to the enemy.
                        2. Bring suppressors and IRNV/FLIR scopes. This lets you be as silent as possible and allows you the advantage of seeing through smoke. For me I find it makes targeting easier as the figure I need to shoot is a bright glowy blurb and I can forget about the scenery.
                        3. Don't all load up on a single kit. This often times gets your squad killed when you take an objective and have to hold it. For infantry only maps there should be at least 1-2 medics and 1 support. Recon is hit-or-miss depending if they have a beacon or not. For vehicle maps, the ideal squad kit loadout is: 1 medic with paddles and health pack (SL), 2 engineers (1 with torch, 1 with mines), 1 support, 1 recon with a beacon and place far enough away to be safe but effective in providing cover.
                        4. Take the least traveled path. That means if you'd never consider taking a path because it is long and boring, that is usually the safest path. Basically go where your enemy isn't going to expect you.
                        5. Hide/cover, shoot, and scoot. Don't rush things, take it nice and easy. Hide if you must, but if you shoot, you better move afterwards. Use your cover wisely. Better to pop out from behind a bush than to pop out from behind a building.
                        6. Change your camos! Your player uniforms come with different camos by default, use the one appropriate for your terrain. Ideally you should apply something similar to your weapons. Might help hide you a bit long in bright light.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                          6. Change your camos! Your player uniforms come with different camos by default, use the one appropriate for your terrain. Ideally you should apply something similar to your weapons. Might help hide you a bit long in bright light.
                          I definitely try to follow that rule of thumb. I always at least try to change my weapon paint, depending on the map. Not only for tactical reasons, but it's a slight OCD thing, I suppose. Running around with a blue naval paint on a jungle-esque map like Guilan Peaks is just weird to me. And you're gonna stick out like a sore thumb if you're hiding in a bush with blue naval splinter paint on your rifle.

Uniform camos are a different story. I'm level 70 or 71 now and after who-knows-how-many Gold battlepacks, I still only have the Izlom (Russian), MARPAT Desert and UCP (US) and Oceanic Green (Chinese) camos unlocked so far. Oh, I unlocked tri-color desert uniform camo too awhile back and it's still nowhere to be found among any of the 3 factions in the menu. Seems that I'm not the only one with that issue, from what I've been reading.
                          |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalDrummer View Post

Uniform camos are a different story. I'm level 70 or 71 now and after who-knows-how-many Gold battlepacks, I still only have the Izlom (Russian), MARPAT Desert and UCP (US) and Oceanic Green (Chinese) camos unlocked so far. Oh, I unlocked tri-color desert uniform camo too awhile back and it's still nowhere to be found among any of the 3 factions in the menu. Seems that I'm not the only one with that issue, from what I've been reading.
                            I havn't even givin thought to my camo paint or close before thx, it should help me cause I like to play possum :) Maybe your tri color uniform unlock is one that comes with a new expansion pack?

Comment

I havent seen any Adaptive camo for the soldier, is there any? I always use Adaptive on my guns and vehicles.

1- Im awful at using granades.
                              2- I jump on planes on Hardcore servers forgetting I wont have my crutch-minimap
                              3- Get overzealous when flying and will sometimes crash because of this
                              4- I forget the IFVs biggest advantage is speed and I will try and take a fight as if I was driving a MBT

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X