Love the server!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the server!

I just have a qualm about a couple players, not a huge deal, but very irritating none the less. I like the fact that there's a "maturity" to your server. I wonder though how you feel about people that jump into your vehicle, as you're repairing and take off in it? Had this happen to me a couple times, by the same two people, the night before last. I want to help populate the server, since it seems to be run the way I always ran my BF42-BF4 servers. Mutual respect for your players and maybe the occasional ribbing here and there.

I digress. After the two times of the same two individuals jumping into my tank as I was repairing, I did a teamsay "Really? You're going to take my tank while I'm repairing?" To which, the response was "Yeah, cry more little girl" "Go ahead, I'll wait". For fear of reprisal, as these two may be "friends" here, I will not mention the names, unless specifically asked. They seem to be regulars and after having said something in chat about it, I was followed, team damaged, and when I got out to repair, hijacked again. Until, I left the server. Seems to me, that this is abhorrent behavior that drives away players from your server. By proxy, if it happens to me, without provocation the two previous times, then it can and most likely happens to others.

Just thought I would ask, maybe see if this is a normal thing and allowed. I know I don't mean a lot in the big picture, but this happening enough times to people, servers dry up and die to reputations from non TG players doing this to your server.

Doc

Re: Love the server!

Thanks for taking the time to post! Welcome.

This is definitely not OK on the server. We work hard to keep a mature and fun time for all. That this is going on repeatedly is more than disappointing, if you could start a thread in the CAA forum so we could pursue this further it would be appreciated. Regulars or not please let us know whom they are.

Hope to see you on server soon!
    sigpic

Comment

Yes! YES! What Hil3illy said. Random pubbies will sometimes be jerks, but that behavior dosnt last long on this server. Best to just ignore such acts directly and post the problem in chat or use TS. Regulars know better, and admins do a great job at keeping things groovy :)

Comment

That kind of behavior should definitely be reported when it happens. Doc, I am glad you took the high road and didnt start a flame war in game, which is what many "guests" would do. Sad to hear you decided to leave the server instead of helping us get rid of those players who stoop to that kind of trolling in game. Hopefully we can fix their attitude in the future, especially if they are regulars.

To avoid calling players out in all chat, or team chat. . . which may cause more problems. .

Use the squad chat channel, start it with !admin , so they will see it in the wall of chat, then the offenders name and offense like . . .

!admin Hilbilly language , grieving , vehicle theft , team killing , team damage .. not leading squad, no communication , not following orders , aircraft taxi and firing from UCB all at once!
        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
        E Pluribus Unum
        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Short version: Please report these type of issues to the Admins by typing; Admin (type info here including player name and offense) in squad chat.

Long version: Sometimes transgressions such as this are hard to police because unless we actually see it happen it can turn into a he said / she said situation. Unless we can be entirely certain that you (the original driver) didn't do... For example; steal the vehicle yourself, leave the vehicle for some other reason, etc., etc. the best we can do initially is send a warning asking them not to steal vehicles that are being used by others. We will gladly do just that; send a warning to the person reported, asking them to please not engage in that type of behavior, and repeated reports of similar actions obviously help us determine what re-actions we need to take.

It's also worth noting that anyone who types in chat "Yeah, cry more little girl" is probably going to hang themselves pretty soon anyway. Please report any similar type comments including offensive, derogatory, inflammatory, and/or homophobic stuff to us and we'll take care of it. I personally don't care if folks who respond with those type of comments are "friends" here or not, it won't be tolerated.

Thanks
          |TG-6th|FYAH29
          "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Not sure if your familiar with CAA (Contact An Admin) but please relay names and details at:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...contact-admin/

Might have been iffy to take your vehicle but the response was NOT in keeping with how we play here.
            Last edited by LpBronco; 02-12-2014, 06:30 PM. Reason: Sniped twice getting this in print
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Definitely not TG behaviour. Anyone TG member would or should be mortified to do such a thing. Call them out. Report them. But rest assured that this is the exception to the rue during the evenings.

We have a crack team of amture Admins that will deal with such infractions.

And welcome to TG!
              sigpic

Comment

I believe admins have chat logs? just post in the CAA

Good to see you on the sever mate, need more folk like you
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Welcome to TG. I can guarantee those guys were random guests. Cmon back and stay a spell !!
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

hey doc :) welcome to the forums buddy, yeah i haven't seen much of that, but good for you on not engaging them, i got upset last night and ended up in a chat war with some guy til the admins told me to shut it, hope to see you on bud :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X