No announcement yet.

Naval Strike Expansion Pack info - includes re-imagining of 2142 Titan mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Naval Strike Expansion Pack info - includes re-imagining of 2142 Titan mode

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefie...s/naval-strike

Battlefield 4™ Naval Strike takes the intense and dramatic water-based combat introduced in Battlefield 4 to four all-new maps set in the South China Sea. Blow open a crashed passenger plane and capture fishing villages across the tropical Lost Islands. Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base or rush between shipping docks and rocky islands on the massive Wave Breaker map. Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet with Nansha Strike. Storm an abandoned cliff-side resort, or get lost in the breathtaking vistas in Operation Mortar.

Naval Strike also introduces five new weapons, the amphibious hovercraft vehicle, ten assignments and the all-new Carrier Assault mode, which is an homage to the fan-favorite, Titan mode from Battlefield 2142.

KEY FEATURES

4 all-new multiplayer maps set in the South China Sea
    - Lost Islands
    - Nansha Strike
    - Wave Breaker
    - Operation Mortar

5 weapons all-new to Battlefield 4

Introducing the amphibious hovercraft vehicle

2 additional gadgets
    - 3GL (3 grenade launcher) attachment for the Assault class
    - Anti-Heli Mine; an aircraft disabling projectile for the Engineer class

Carrier Assault game mode which is a re-imagining of the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode
    Late March release for premium owners
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Naval Strike Expansion Pack info - includes re-imagining of 2142 Titan mode

Titan Mode?!?

I got to see this!

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Does the carrier move?

If it does, lets hope the Frostbite engine handles it better than the BF2 engine.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
        Does the carrier move?

If it does, lets hope the Frostbite engine handles it better than the BF2 engine.
        +1

Oh, and ZOMG!

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Its so fluffy I'm going to die!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
            http://www.battlefield.com/battlefie...s/naval-strike

"Wage war across stormy seas in the largest ocean stretch in a Battlefield map yet with Nansha Strike."

Late March release for premium owners
            Larger than Battle of Midway(BF1942)? I gotta see this.

I am surprised they are going to release 2 DLC packs in the next 40ish days, as second assault is coming next week, maybe.
            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
            E Pluribus Unum
            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

amphibious hovercraft vehicle
              ... win.

Remember the stationary LCACs on Kharg Island (sp?)?
              Now we get to drive them??????
              w000t.
              BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

I'm excited about hovercraft.
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

This is exciting news indeed.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Hopefully the carriers or LCSs or whatever the "main" ships are can both move and are more interesting to fight on than the Titans eventually became. I'm also curious if they'll do what Titan did and remove tickets altogether, somewhat removing the incentive to avoid dying...
                    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Please Dice/EA, don't ruin the fond memories I have of bf2142 and titan mode by doing a poor recreation of it.
                      |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

I am going to ignore the quip about titan mode and instead expect some sort of aircraft carrier assault game mode. Fighting inside giant vehicles always looks cool in the movies, I am expecting the same here.
                        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                          Maybe we should ignore the quip about titan mode and instead expect some sort of aircraft carrier assault game mode. Fighting inside giant vehicles always looks cool in the movies, I am expecting the same here.
                          Same here. Maybe something along the lines of that one mission in the campaign where you had to fight through the interior of the aircraft carrier. Confined corridors, mixed with big aircraft bays/hangars below deck, and some action out on the carrier deck. I think that would be fun.

I do like the sound of a naval base map. That would be interesting. Also, I wonder if they'll actually implement the use of submarines in a way similar to the bomber in the China Rising maps. Rather than just levolution (which, to me, it seems that's what they're implying with "Drop a submarine on your foes as you infiltrate a naval base."). May be wishful thinking, but that would be awesome, in my opinion.
                          |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

I want scuba gear and sharks with laser vision! ;)

Comment

Looking forward to this pack!
                              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                              "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                              - Check me out on The Onion
                              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse