Soooooooo any new news?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooooooo any new news?

I can't play BF4 anymore, the game locks up every time with a sound loop, I used to have rare crashes, maybe once every 2-3 weeks, but now I can't play for more than 10 seconds without a crash (not an exaggeration, i spend more time loading maps than I can actually spend playing).

EA doesn't seem to care honestly, they've got my money already, who cares if the users can't play? right? They've given no public response to the amazing spike in crashes since the last update (fortunately I'm not the only one, seems to happen to lots of users, even people with MUCH beefier systems than I).

Anything worth talking about here on the forums instead?

Re: Soooooooo any new news?

I'm gonna download the beta nvidia drivers and see if that helps or not

Comment

I had one crash as well. Usually things will be fixed, if they don't fix it with a large amount of people their future money income from you will be lost. It's in their best interest to help everybody.
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

You might want to try Tuesday with that patch as they will be releasing Second Strike.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Originally posted by digitalcassette View Post
          I can't play BF4 anymore, the game locks up every time with a sound loop, I used to have rare crashes, maybe once every 2-3 weeks, but now I can't play for more than 10 seconds without a crash (not an exaggeration, i spend more time loading maps than I can actually spend playing).

EA doesn't seem to care honestly, they've got my money already, who cares if the users can't play? right? They've given no public response to the amazing spike in crashes since the last update (fortunately I'm not the only one, seems to happen to lots of users, even people with MUCH beefier systems than I).

Anything worth talking about here on the forums instead?
          Same here buddy. Glad I have the new DLC just so I can see the icon in the server list. The update did not correct my sound loop crash. I miss playing BF4, the good ole days it seems like.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

at least there's finally a public response that they are researching the issue, there's a couple fixes listed on the forums i'm going to try tonight once the DLC finishes downloading

Comment

at least there's finally a public response that they are researching the issue, there's a couple fixes listed on the forums i'm going to try tonight once the DLC finishes downloading
              Let me know if any worked for you. The ones I tried had no effect.
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                Let me know if any worked for you. The ones I tried had no effect.
                Yep if you set the fps max to something really low and turn on vsync, that let me play for something like 10 minutes last night, that's the longest i've been able to play in a week, i set my fps max to 30, i think if i set it to 20 it might have run for even longer, it's almost unbearable to play, but it's better than not playing at all

Comment

Just a quick question. Could you problems be driver related? Or have you tried that already? I've had sound issues on some Domination maps, but never crashed due to that

Comment

Originally posted by Red Storm View Post
                    Just a quick question. Could you problems be driver related? Or have you tried that already? I've had sound issues on some Domination maps, but never crashed due to that
                    Prior to the Feb 13th path, I could play for hours on end. Maybe crash once a week and that's not really a big deal as it could be anything causing that one. However, after the update, I can not play. some maps I can load and crash 1 minute or two in. Most don't even load all the way. I did not anything other than the game. Since I discovered I could not play, I have rolled back to drivers and tried a variety of config suggestions, but to no avail.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                      Prior to the Feb 13th path, I could play for hours on end. Maybe crash once a week and that's not really a big deal as it could be anything causing that one. However, after the update, I can not play. some maps I can load and crash 1 minute or two in. Most don't even load all the way. I did not anything other than the game. Since I discovered I could not play, I have rolled back to drivers and tried a variety of config suggestions, but to no avail.
                      ditto : before cranking down my FPS Max setting I couldn't play for more than 10 seconds on almost ANY map, with quite a few tweaks to the bf4 settings I could get that up to 30 seconds sometimes, but usually it'd still crash in the first 10 seconds of a map (sometimes I couldn't even deploy before it would crash). I've run the same drivers for a while. AFTER the feb 13th update there have been 2 other sets of drivers I've tried to no avail. I wish I could just blame drivers and roll back and move on, but I know for a fact that it's the game and not the drivers. If you look at my soldier profile I was playing EVER DAY up until Feb 13th. Several maps every night. I was really working my butt off to level up my soldier as much as possible during player appreciation month with all the bonus xp from the daily battlepacks. They said in the Feb 13th release notes they were trying to fix something related to the sound-loop crash (since this has been a common problem since the release of the game). Unfortunately whatever they did they made it 1000x worse.

Comment

What about deleting the original installation then reinstalling. That might work.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

turning my fps to 20 lets me play until I alt-tabbed : it's no bueno :( but been more fun than not playing at all

Comment

turning my fps to 20 lets me play until I alt-tabbed : it's no bueno :( but been more fun than not playing at all
                            So you are telling me I died like 5 times trying to kill you on that building in Metro while you were at 20 fps? I seriously gotta improve my reflexes lol

Comment

Originally posted by Red Storm View Post
                              So you are telling me I died like 5 times trying to kill you on that building in Metro while you were at 20 fps? I seriously gotta improve my reflexes lol
                              yep :) lol my fps were cranked way down just so i wouldn't crash to desktop (i finally DID crash when I alt+tabbed), :) I even got a knife on someone lol, I'm an old school metro player, I try to find sneaky spots and hide & snipe/shoot was lots of fun last night and thanks for putting up with my sneaky tactics :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X