Second Assault LIVE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Assault LIVE

Ok.. so Second Assault is streaming down to me as I type.. But did you look at the size of the "PATCH" .. 5.3 Gigs.. That is a load of data for a patch. Remember when games came on CD's and even Floppies? And now we get a few maps for 5.3 gb. Kinda crazy. Of course it looks pretty..

Pear
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Second Assault LIVE

I just needed 1 more hour! Alas, I had to come to work. Will try it out when I come back home

Comment

Is TG going to be running these maps tonight? I'd like to try then out on a decent server.

Comment

I dont know how TG handled it when China Rising came out, but wouldnt that alienate all TGers who are not premium?

Comment

We are looking into how many of our player base has premium, see poll here). Based on this I believe we (the admin team) will make a final decision and update once this is known.
          sigpic

Comment

There goes my reading week . . .
            sigpic

Comment

For those having slow times to download beside the super mega speed you guys have probably here is a simple solution to avoid all the traffic at this point. WORKS 100%!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fix Start Origin in R&D mode •

Exit Origin
              Create a new empty document on your desktop
              Enter the following in the file:

[connection]
              EnvironmentName=production

[Feature]
              CdnOverride=akamai

Save the file as EACore.ini
              Now start Origin. Upon start you will be asked if you want to import the file you just created on your desktop. Press Yes. This will overwrite your old config-file.

Information The EACore.ini file is deleted from your desktop as soon as you import it. If you ever want to leave R&D mode you need to go to the location where Origin is installed and delete the EACore.ini file found there.

Information It has been reported that having Origin in R&D-mode will increase your download speed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Origin#...00MB_threshold
              Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

played it for the last 2 hours or so... no problems here, no lock ups, no kicks... downloaded and installed on its own.

If you liked the original maps then you'll like the updates... Firestorm is nice and open, which means a lot of armor battles (and snipers), Operation Locker is...well Op Locker, never been one of my favorites but i do play with friends, elevators now work. CB looks awesome, new features... overall a well done pack, IMO, and IF you liked them before.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

YES, I'm a idiot, lol.. meant Metro. ;)
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                    YES, I'm a idiot, lol.. meant Metro. ;)
                    :) :) :) beside the mistake...since im at work and i dont mind the spoilers...do they put alternative routs on this map or is the same with a few changes...because all i remember from this mpa is "run to B and hold it!

The Rush mode, the outside part of metro is was really fun to play, then when you get inside is a little boring.
                    Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

none that I noticed, just the working elevators now.... Oman is the best with the... never mind, maybe I shouldn't spoil it for those wanting the surprise... but it's cool.
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

It seems they have added a few side passages. And from what I've seen on a Youtube video, one of these side passages only happens to be open on Rush and not on CQ.

On the Origin R&D thingy, I happen to use Origin in R&D mode at work and I can tell you, that will work. Id like to know how that info got to be public knowledge though lol

Comment

Wondering if we can have a Second Assault night this week, and then I'm ok waiting for them to be put into rotation until everyone has access. I'd like to see them available after the 2 weeks of premium, though.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Personally Oman is the only one I'm really looking forward to...

They need to release a bunch of bf2 maps, I still think over all they were the best in the series.

Comment

They would not fit with BF4 AT ALL, but I loved the BF2142 maps. Leipzig, Bavaria, Belgrade, Suez Canal and Verdun. Gibraltar and Cerbere Landing were fun, but the bigger maps were far better imo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X