Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ways for squad leaders to contact their commander - Introducing the !CO command

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] New ways for squad leaders to contact their commander - Introducing the !CO command

Since BF4 launched there has been no way as a squad leader to contact your commander. You have the ability to request Orders, Supply Drops, Vehicle Drops or UAVs but no real way to say "hey! I want a quick chat to discuss tactics or clarify an order". We know this has been a major frustration for our battlefield veterans who remember fondly the separate voip key in BF2 and BF2142 that allowed you to speak directly with the commander.

I am not sure if anyone noticed yet but in a recent(?) patch Dice snuck it a new option on the Commo Rose. You now have the ability to request "COMM" with the commander.

On the CO's end it looks like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTFdrrDH0TY

Here at TG we did not expect this COMS request to suddenly turn up so on the admin side we had been developing a system that will allow all squad leaders the ability to effectively "page" their commander. As SL you simple type !CO in all/team/squad chat and the commander on your team will get an unmissable alert on their screen that you seek their attention. They will know your SL name and what squad your in.

Video in action

As squad leader you will see this server response when you have successfully requested your CO's attention. Note how it tells you if they are on PC or tablet.

If you are not squad leader of your squad you get this message.

If you are not very observant and type the command when you have no commander...

Minor Issue to note: There is a delay in how often player data gets updated by the plugin that runs this ability. It may take up to a minute or two for squad leader changes to be recognized. Since most squad leaders are set at the beginning of the round and you are not likely to use this command at round start we anticipate this will have minimal impact.

So between the commo rose request Dice snuck in and our TG specific !CO command we hope communication between squad leaders and commander will occur more often and be more effective going forward.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: New ways for squad leaders to contact their commander - Introducing the !CO comma

THIS.... IS WHY OUR ADMINS ARE SO AWESOME!

Where there is a will there is a way!
    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Re: New ways for squad leaders to contact their commander - Introducing the !CO comma

Slick! Nice work, Mantis.
      |TG|Melee
      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I remember testing it and thinking....This will be awesome!

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

We will also be adding in the !Dredge command to check my position to you. Should prevent me sneaking up on all of you ;)

Be sure to give feed back on how this is working, if it makes life easier etc. Also bug reports (not saying there are any, but you never know)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

All of the efforts of the Admin's is greatly appreciated. Hope you're all getting time to play to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
              We will also be adding in the !Dredge command to check my position to you. Should prevent me sneaking up on all of you ;)

Be sure to give feed back on how this is working, if it makes life easier etc. Also bug reports (not saying there are any, but you never know)
              My tags appreciate your efforts!

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Awesome -- thanks admin team of much greatness!
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X