Server Branding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Branding

Is it possible to put in the server banner that appears on battlelog the Sniper Limit message? right now, it only says: "TacticalGamer.com - Teamwork, Maturity, VoIP - Active Admins"

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Re: Server Branding

There's a character limit on the server name. The current description uses the available characters to get across what we're about and what we offer, in the little space provided. We have previously discussed this, but I'm sure we can take another look at it, and see if there are any variations we could use to include the above.
    |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

We only get 63 characters to play with - currently using 60.

Also FYI the sniper script is getting upgrades to be more user friendly going forward in regards to understanding it is running and how it works. You'll get a private yell when you get killed for example.
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Anyway to make the Script kick players after like 5 kills... I've notices snipers care less of the rule. snipe... die. respawn on their beacon and snipe again. Because when the server kills them. it doesn't count as a death on the scoreboard.
        Please Be Warned...
        If you see me... Im never alone....
        My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

Originally posted by E_Leader View Post
          Anyway to make the Script kick players after like 5 kills... I've notices snipers care less of the rule. snipe... die. respawn on their beacon and snipe again. Because when the server kills them. it doesn't count as a death on the scoreboard.
          THIS. As long as there is a warning as well.

42nd Recon

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
            We only get 63 characters to play with - currently using 60.

Also FYI the sniper script is getting upgrades to be more user friendly going forward in regards to understanding it is running and how it works. You'll get a private yell when you get killed for example.
            Thanks for the explanation. I just think sniper reduced servers seem to attract more team based players. If it turns out that the players who are not interested on team play all migrate to a server that doesn't care about enforcing rules, they will eventually get all sniper servers, and they will eventually get less and less traffic until they fade into obscurity. I have nothing against snipers, in fact, I prefer to have one in my squad as long as they are fulfilling the full recon role and not just on a corner of a map near a beacon sniping.

42nd Recon

Comment

CAn i ask a question because i dont know anything about scripts...i know the autokill happends after you shot the sniper/dmr so i wonder if is possible for any script to prevent choose the sniper because the sniper/dmr rifle are already full, is this possible ?

thanks in advance.
              Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Not possible marpla.
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

E_Leader brought up a good point about people just accepting the death as no big deal and spawning back on their beacon. Now that he brought that up I was thinking that the other night it seemed I was getting sniped by a lot more people than I should have from the other team and at one point I wondered to myself about the sniper limit. Anyhow, it seems many of the chief complaints on the server lately are about the sniper limit. I personally don't care because on hard core it can be such a pain with so many snipers. We've been getting a lot of non-TG'ers on the server lately and they complain about that and cussing the most, gets kind of old.

Comment

Originally posted by E_Leader View Post
                    I second this. I've played on no-sniper-servers that have a script that kills you once for a sniper kill and if you do it again, you get kicked. I figure if that's possible, I wonder if there's a way to implement that into the existing sniper limit that's already in place. If you snipe without claiming a slot, you get killed/and warned, just like how it is now. Do it again (or 4 more times) and you get auto-kicked.
                    |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

The server description now reads "TacticalGamer.com - Teamwork, Maturity, VoIP, SniperRifle Limit" (as of last night, the 26th). . maybe this will reduce the number of guests who join our server looking for a populated hardcore server to go snipe on.
                      theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                      E Pluribus Unum
                      Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Me Likey!

Also, maybe an added benefit will be having more people join who like to do more than just lonewolf (driving more of the right people to our server).

42nd Recon

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X