Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have it? Armor free? No Calories.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we have it? Armor free? No Calories.

So... Been playing these new maps and it seems with each DLC theres more armor... At least what It feels like..

I went back and played 1942.... Barely died by armor. Was actually fun leading all my shots.

I went back and played BF2.... There was armor, but it wasnt too much and they had ammo limitations which I forget existed (bet you did too) and teams had to work to keep them alive and supplied.
    But wait... commander on both sides could damage camping armor! :D

I went back and played BF2142.... Wow... Armor isnt even needed.... There was barely any to notice except maybe and APC or Walker or Gunship... Maybe 1 or 2 tanks on large maps. Some maps only had 1 walker per side.
    BUT WAIT!!!!! Both comannders could emp/orbital CAMPING ARMOR! Genius!

I went back and played BC2.... Armor... wasnt even a problem. Everyone had C4... EVERYONE lol Commander isnt even needed...

I went back and played BF3... No i didnt... I lied, but you know what... AAVs wernt killing air vehicles halfway across the map!!!!!!

So now Im playing BF4 even when the server is seeding.... And just one tank or apc can take on all 8 people... With ease.
    Why is Dice adding sooo much armor...
    And Commanders dont support as good as they used to... You have to earn everything... Why should I have to earn a supply drop?
    Both teams should just have an cruise missle instead of fighting over it. and 90% of the time. The team without the commander has and keeps the support flag the commander need.

Any map with AAV... Air is a joke
    China Rising Map.... Uh... 4 AAV.... makes air not even worth selecting...
    Firestorm... Yeah 4 tanks per side sounds good... and AAV to balance air from raping tanks... (Oh, ho ho ho ho ho.... No... Even the C-130 cant stay alive for more than 20 seconds.)

Can... by some chance... we can have an armor free night?
    I love the server, I love the team-play, I love being commander, but I hate getting on the server and die 90% of the night by armor... Even 8v8.. armor still triumphs unless you have multiple engineers
    Last edited by E_Leader; 02-24-2014, 09:31 PM.
    Please Be Warned...
    If you see me... Im never alone....
    My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Re: Can we have it? Armor free? No Calories.

I second this! would love to see a special event
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

As a primarily Infantry player since BF2142. Pretty please?

Comment

We could just play locker and metro all night!

Comment

Originally posted by abendchain View Post
          We could just play locker and metro all night!
          Oh god no. All older Battlefield had multi directional attack route.... Those two maps are limited...

How about a map with people that cover people... not tanks and APCs that destroy you and your 5 man squad and none of you are engineers....
          Last edited by E_Leader; 02-25-2014, 01:37 AM.
          Please Be Warned...

Comment

If we do a armor free night, then lets do a infantry free night.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
              Well Air Superiority is already out... Boat Superiority followed by Tank Superiority will be out soon.
              Please Be Warned...

Comment

Originally posted by UnDead
                What you don't like have a bunch of easy targets to shoot? :D

EDIT: Quoted the wrong person
                TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Originally posted by E_Leader View Post
                  So... Been playing these new maps and it seems with each DLC theres more armor... At least what It feels like..

I went back and played 1942.... Barely died by armor. Was actually fun leading all my shots.

I went back and played BF2.... There was armor, but it wasnt too much and they had ammo limitations which I forget existed (bet you did too) and teams had to work to keep them alive and supplied.
                  But wait... commander on both sides could damage camping armor! :D

I went back and played BF2142.... Wow... Armor isnt even needed.... There was barely any to notice except maybe and APC or Walker or Gunship... Maybe 1 or 2 tanks on large maps. Some maps only had 1 walker per side.
                  BUT WAIT!!!!! Both comannders could emp/orbital CAMPING ARMOR! Genius!

I went back and played BC2.... Armor... wasnt even a problem. Everyone had C4... EVERYONE lol Commander isnt even needed...

I went back and played BF3... No i didnt... I lied, but you know what... AAVs wernt killing air vehicles halfway across the map!!!!!!

So now Im playing BF4 even when the server is seeding.... And just one tank or apc can take on all 8 people... With ease.
                  Why is Dice adding sooo much armor...
                  And Commanders dont support as good as they used to... You have to earn everything... Why should I have to earn a supply drop?
                  Both teams should just have an cruise missle instead of fighting over it. and 90% of the time. The team without the commander has and keeps the support flag the commander need.

Any map with AAV... Air is a joke
                  China Rising Map.... Uh... 4 AAV.... makes air not even worth selecting...
                  Firestorm... Yeah 4 tanks per side sounds good... and AAV to balance air from raping tanks... (Oh, ho ho ho ho ho.... No... Even the C-130 cant stay alive for more than 20 seconds.)

Can... by some chance... we can have an armor free night?
                  I love the server, I love the team-play, I love being commander, but I hate getting on the server and die 90% of the night by armor... Even 8v8.. armor still triumphs unless you have multiple engineers

Well i like the idea of having one night "armor free" but actually im one of the armor user, love this part of the game main reason i dont like games that much without armor like you know what game ;) and similars.
                  Ive try allways to fill the role inside the vehicle, repair, give cover, etc...so i enjoy a lot being in the armor. If you can coordinate some squad members and part of the team in 2 vechicles you will have a lot of fun beside the part you can tip the balance of the game helping the team like you should when you are in the armor.

I have to agree with you E-male on some parts, the AA part on this game is not well thought, they really make a poor effort to help the balance of the battle. I love the idea of cruise each side.

I think after all is what type of game you want to play, i really enjoy being in the armor with help off course and when you have a decent amount of people on the server (no 5 vs 5), having a crew that run with the tank, fix it, cover, etc thats when the true meaning of fighting with vechiles reach his peak for me.

On the TG server i had that a few times and it was a blast, moving the tank with the SL inside and the other 3 helping, that was great TG momment.

Just my 2 pesos.
                  Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                    ^this.

sigpic

Comment

I don't mind the amount of armor....It just takes away from kill per minute because I have to drop a supply box and regen C4's more often is all...
                      I would like an infantry only night as well...just make sure it's not the huge maps that require vehicle travel.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

i love this thread, lots of good input, i'm not a big armor fan, but i see & agree with marpla's points, i love the discussions that happens on this forum, very honest & open, you guys are awesome :) as soon as the sound-loop crash stops happening i'm down for any/all of the above discussed something something free nights :)

Comment

for what it's worth, Infantry Only mode keeps fast movers: dirt bikes, ATVs, RHIBs, jetskis, etc.

Comment

INF only sounds fun. Maybe instead of a whole night, If possible throw a couple inf only maps into rotation, ya know the best maps for the job. I am a big fan of variety and love armor as well.
                            When I am in armor and I run into inf out in the open sometimes I just aim for the ground or above there heads to give them a running chance, I like to make it fun for everyone and make the best of (Darth Vader voice)-" I have you in my sights now" moment. Makes me chuckle to see teams scurry ;) only cause I also know that "OH! Crap!" moment all too well.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalcassette View Post
                              i love this thread, lots of good input, i'm not a big armor fan, but i see & agree with marpla's points, i love the discussions that happens on this forum, very honest & open, you guys are awesome :) as soon as the sound-loop crash stops happening i'm down for any/all of the above discussed something something free nights :)
                              New patch out:

Battlefield 4 February 25 PC Patch Notes

Fix for the so called “sound loop crash” issue that caused the game to freeze

http://mp1st.com/2014/02/25/new-batt.../#.Uwz1CV5shzJ

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...