An apology.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An apology.

I owe the Tactical Gamer Battlefield 4 community an apology for what happened in Teamspeak last night. I took great exception to criticism leveled at me about my game play and I lost my cool which was not the way to handle it. I should have defended myself in a more calm and reasonable manner and I did not. I regret this.

Again, I apologize to the BF4 community and will make every effort that is does not happen again.

AB
    Last edited by AbRocinante; 03-06-2014, 07:00 PM.
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Re: An apology.

Nothing shows sincerity more than an apology that isn't followed by the word 'but'. Way to take responsibility AB.
    TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

AB, things like that happen. I think we all understand that.

Well said, Crux.
      |TG|Melee
      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I think I remember the incident... thx for the apology... we as members have got to be careful accusing people of cheats or not playing to standards, it isn't always what it seems.

IE: for me, a few weeks ago I saw a popular member of TG laying land mines down at an objective, I saw 2 friendly tanks moving to objective, I typed a warning in chat but who knows if they saw it... so I took out my RPG and fired at the explosives which also killed the explosive layer... I saved my team any way necessary, he jumped on me for not using RPG's to standard, I explained... he agreed and we carried on... so, lesson... make sure someone is a violator before you accuse. ;)
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Or report any issues to the admins and allow them to deal with the situation :D
          |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
            I think I remember the incident... thx for the apology... we as members have got to be careful accusing people of cheats or not playing to standards, it isn't always what it seems.

IE: for me, a few weeks ago I saw a popular member of TG laying land mines down at an objective, I saw 2 friendly tanks moving to objective, I typed a warning in chat but who knows if they saw it... so I took out my RPG and fired at the explosives which also killed the explosive layer... I saved my team any way necessary, he jumped on me for not using RPG's to standard, I explained... he agreed and we carried on... so, lesson... make sure someone is a violator before you accuse. ;)

Please provide information where Admins have posted the RPG standard.
            ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

Originally posted by chaos777b View Post
              Please provide information where Admins have posted the RPG standard.
              Not really directed at you.. just replying to the idea .. as I have had a bit of experience in this area. :)

This has been a touchy subject for many years, as long as I have been here.. probably before then. :) As a heavy user of RPGs, I have been complained to many times. I pretty much only use RPG(OVER 9000 fired), unless ordered by SL to get a Jav/SRAW/SMAW/LAW. As I understand it, as it has been explained to me many times: you cant use RPGs as a main weapon platform, in other words, you can run around with a RPG on your shoulder looking to one shot enemy. Which I never do, I have only killed enemy up close with them, when they surprise me while reloading, or aiming as armor.. mostly I kill friendlies and myself at close range. I have never seen the admin team actually post a set of guide lines for their use.

I personally use them on ranged targets all the time. I have hit snipers from across the map, based on the glint of their scope. . . and they have cried that I was abusing the weapon. I have killed multiple people hiding in a building at one flag, from another flag, as I can see them firing on friendly targets. Shoot, I was ordered by my SL to drop the building at Storm's Charlie, from Delta, only to have those players complain that I was spamming rockets on them.. and yes, in a way that is exactly what it was, but it was also taking away the enemy's ability to defend C, while they were firing on friendly targets that were attacking it. Seems like a legitimate tactic: cover fire and reducing the enemy's cover all in one. I dont think that I ever abuse the weapon. I use it as many real life soldiers use them.. on hard cover, on sniper positions and all types of vehicles. . . and yes, I have used them on targets at medium range that is out of range of carbines.. that I use exclusively as Engie, because I never use PDWs.

I have also used them often on those supports that hold up the overhangs, which will allow players to get to the second level on many buildings. Is that abusing the weapon? I use them to blow the side of a building open, to which I then toss in nades, that I know enemy are hiding in. Abusing the weapon? I dont think so. Using them in Metro/Locker, inside buildings on enemy? Hell yeah, it is.
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Aside running around looking for infantry to hit at close range, it is a legit weapon even on metro. I struggle with it on a personal level about rpg's are when someone has a clear line of fire and time to change weapons but doesn't because it is expedient instead of relying on skill. Same as shotguns with full choke, easy with little skill needed, but ultimately acceptable play.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Originally posted by Photometric View Post
                  Aside running around looking for infantry to hit at close range, it is a legit weapon even on metro. I struggle with it on a personal level about rpg's are when someone has a clear line of fire and time to change weapons but doesn't because it is expedient instead of relying on skill. Same as shotguns with full choke, easy with little skill needed, but ultimately acceptable play.
                  For blowing up cover, never is it ok directly on infantry when you could have used your primary (unless you were "surprised" by an enemy around a corner or something)
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                    Not really directed at you.. just replying to the idea .. as I have had a bit of experience in this area. :)

This has been a touchy subject for many years, as long as I have been here.. probably before then. :) As a heavy user of RPGs, I have been complained to many times. I pretty much only use RPG(OVER 9000 fired), unless ordered by SL to get a Jav/SRAW/SMAW/LAW. As I understand it, as it has been explained to me many times: you cant use RPGs as a main weapon platform, in other words, you can run around with a RPG on your shoulder looking to one shot enemy. Which I never do, I have only killed enemy up close with them, when they surprise me while reloading, or aiming as armor.. mostly I kill friendlies and myself at close range. I have never seen the admin team actually post a set of guide lines for their use.

I personally use them on ranged targets all the time. I have hit snipers from across the map, based on the glint of their scope. . . and they have cried that I was abusing the weapon. I have killed multiple people hiding in a building at one flag, from another flag, as I can see them firing on friendly targets. Shoot, I was ordered by my SL to drop the building at Storm's Charlie, from Delta, only to have those players complain that I was spamming rockets on them.. and yes, in a way that is exactly what it was, but it was also taking away the enemy's ability to defend C, while they were firing on friendly targets that were attacking it. Seems like a legitimate tactic: cover fire and reducing the enemy's cover all in one. I dont think that I ever abuse the weapon. I use it as many real life soldiers use them.. on hard cover, on sniper positions and all types of vehicles. . . and yes, I have used them on targets at medium range that is out of range of carbines.. that I use exclusively as Engie, because I never use PDWs.

I have also used them often on those supports that hold up the overhangs, which will allow players to get to the second level on many buildings. Is that abusing the weapon? I use them to blow the side of a building open, to which I then toss in nades, that I know enemy are hiding in. Abusing the weapon? I dont think so. Using them in Metro/Locker, inside buildings on enemy? Hell yeah, it is.
                    Agreed. The RPG thing has come up at various times, but I, too, have never seen an admin set any guide lines for their use. However, it's usage on what is acceptable and what isn't always seemed more of "common-sense" kind of thing, at least to me. Blowing holes in walls? Bringing down buildings? Rooting out enemies from cover or a difficult/hard to reach position? Changing the environment to create a tactical advantage? Taking out vehicles? Acceptable.

Spamming rockets/"noob-toob" tactics and intentionally hunting infantry targets with them? Not acceptable. (and quite silly, in my opinion. It's one of my peeves. Grenade launchers too.) Unless, like others have said, you got your launcher out and get surprised by an enemy running around a corner and end up firing off a rocket in their face, out of panic. Which I've done, a few times.
                    |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

wow did not mean to derail this thread. All conversations on the forms that I've come across on the "Standards" or "RPG Standards" the only post from Admins I've seen was simply to remind people that the server has Six simple rules, and Six only.
                      ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

Sorry, we get off on tangents quite often....

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

You're not a real tacticalgamer until you've issued a public apology on the forums. (<-- meant to be taken tongue in cheek)

I've had one or two over the years =)

Good on ya.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I appreciate it.

AB
                            "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
                            "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalDrummer View Post
                              ...you got your launcher out and get surprised by an enemy running around a corner and end up firing off a rocket in their face, out of panic. Which I've done, a few times.
                              eh, this ALWAYS ends up in suicide for me, so much so that I've stopped using RPGs because I always seem to get surprised while I'm trying to use them in a tactical way

Originally posted by Photometric View Post
                              I struggle with it on a personal level about rpg's are when someone has a clear line of fire and time to change weapons but doesn't because it is expedient instead of relying on skill.
                              eh, i'd say it still takes skill to use RPGs, there are plenty of people "noobing" it up on BF4 all over, it's just nuts, for me using an RPG to get a kill at long range on moving infantry is satisfying, You specifically mention short range at which I agree, short range it's not skill, it's spam, but in a firefight if I have the wrong kit, i'm gonna use what I've got, I wish the eng kit had a better option for maps like metro/locker because I feel like the RPGs are a burden in close quarters, but that's when I pull out the old EOD bot and give people a nice case of hot foot death

----------------------
                              To the OP: you seem like a good guy who just lost his cool, happens to all of us (just ask marpla, I've rage quit more than once because of that guy), good on you for being man enough to apologize, the world needs more people like that :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X