Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I tried using a SNIPER RIFLE AND IT DIDN'T SUCK!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried using a SNIPER RIFLE AND IT DIDN'T SUCK!

OMGWHAMBLASTFANTABULOUS!

Actually, in my defense, at level 96, I decided it was time to try to unlock them....

However, I did do the following:

Moved around alot to take objectives and captured a few.

Learned the strengths and weaknesses of the weapon.

Learned how to be sneaky, instead of bum rushing an area I want to capture.

Learned that I have to rely more on good positioning and out thinking the opponent, than a one shot kill weapon that has more chance of missing than hitting with my level of experience.

How difficult it is being an effective sniper which works with a squad.

Thoughts, opinions?

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Re: I tried using a SNIPER RIFLE AND IT DIDN'T SUCK!

Well is a fun class to play to tell you my experience.
    When i use the sniper rifle i usually stay a little behind the squad for cover them or look for a higher ground to overlook the area. I have to agree that one shot kill miss more that it hit for me, i use the SRR-61 pretty much all time with a 4x scope and the canted ironsight for those momments that you have to do some close quarter shoting.

I usually dont snipe from long distance and im dont stay to long in one place (afraid of the knifes) so my lack of experience with higher scopes is regular to bad, with the bullet drop i cant make the shot so the first one allways hit the ground and give away my position, so i avoid those loooong distance shots for my health :).

Just some thoughts.
    Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

sigpic

Comment

I hate being a sniper, mainly because i suck... but I had to be one to get those 7 kills for an assignment, I was on a open server, moved around and captured what I could, after capture would defend for a few minutes get a kill or 2 at close range, then move along... Hate being a sniper and hate snipers in this game, (generally just because too many can ruin a game) but i admit I did enjoy the occasional sniper kill. ;)
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I ran sniper one time by accident, guess I need to run that a little for unloucks. Ya too many on the board becomes annoying but I dont find them to be a big threat, I worry more about armor or Photo hiding in the bushes with C4 ready to yell HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My scoped 240 takes care of most pesky snipers ;) that and a couple well placed mortar drops.

Comment

I guess what I took most from the weapon is that it is more about how much you out think your opponent and gain good position than your basic ability to shoot and score a kill. I would highly recommend running it for those skills alone. I saw an immediate improvement on my K/D (not that I care more than being successful in winning objectives alive than dead) and improved the ability of my squad to survive afterward.

42nd Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Photo hiding in the bushes with C4 ready to yell HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
            Actually, I've been spending more time working on being the best person to revive teammates on the server again instead of focusing on the armor as much. If armor gets out of hand, I'll start thinning the herd again. ;)

Which means, Rock, your support score is safe (for now)

42nd Recon

Comment

The way I run sniper when rolling with a squad is essentially what the role is suited for. Scouting/doing recon, providing overwatch, counter-sniping. I'm not one to just sit off on top of a mountain and pick off targets at my leisure for the whole round. Unless my squad lead wants me on top of that mountain to send death from afar, I'm on the move with the squad and actively playing the role of a squad sniper - to the best of my ability. All of that - in my opinion - is how to be an effective sniper in a squad.

You are right, Photo. You gotta out-think your enemy and gain a good position. I try to avoid rooftops or obvious places where people would look for shooters. Don't "skyline" yourself, like standing on top of a hill. I really wish they would've implented honeycombs for the scopes, to reduce the scope glare on the long range scopes. Nothing says "Here I am!" like a scope glare that shines like a kajillion lumen Mag-Lite across the map. I haven't picked up a sniper rifle in awhile. But I do enjoy playing sniper kit from time to time. It was my main kit for some time in BF3.
              |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Close to mid-range sniping is a legit skill and shouldn't be associated with the bush wookies who hang out a days walk from the nearest objective in order to take potshots at you. And yeah, sniper rifles are pretty good (I actually really like Battlefield 4's sniping mechanics).

Basically there are good snipers and bad snipers. Good snipers play the objective. Bad snipers don't.
                sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Originally posted by Photometric View Post

How difficult it is being an effective sniper which works with a squad.
                  I SL all the time... And Sometimes, depending on map. I myself choose sniper. As a Squad Leader. It is RATHER effective on Three separate roles.

1. The Beacon, You can drop a beacon as the SL in the spot you want. Making a fallback position or alternate spawn when you are not safe to spawn on.

2. The Spotter, While you are in a rather safe location you can use a mav and spot targets for your squad. You are being effective and also a safe spawn.

3. The Counter-Sniper, While your squad is mostly Assault - Support - Engy, you may run into those pesky snipers. While your squad is the one taking fire, you can easily locate your target, and eliminate them so your squad can continue.

I've had a few pubbies actually thank me for playing Sniper and participating with the squad rather then just choosing sniper and posting up on some rock somewhere. Also, When I am Sniping, I am hardly ever on the flag. I am the one watching the flag for spawnies or people advancing thus keeping my squad safe.
                  Please Be Warned...
                  If you see me... Im never alone....
                  My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

Close to mid range snippers can be really fun.
                    ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the sniper riffle but I love the class.

Mav, laser, beacon. Its full of great teamwork oriented gear. There's nothing better than using the mav as the SL of an armor squad to just punish the other team. I'm really a fan.
                      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I've used this class a decent amount, very rarely with a bolt action though. For my play style I have found using carbines or DMR's to be more effective. [MENTION=16023]Portable.Cougar[/MENTION] is right, the gear that comes with playing this class are great for teamwork. I have recently tried using the bolt actions a little more and find that I still have some habits to break. I am constantly moving into the cap radius, negating the usefulness of the bolt action. Slowly I am unlearning these and acquiring new ones. To play as a recon and keep your distance AND be and active teamplayer is hard. I hope that I can reach the point where I am feeling more useful, understanding the long gun and when to use it.
                        sigpic

Comment

The funnest way Ive found of running Sniper is an M40 with Acog 4X and a Silencer. No need to compensate for bullet drop, and I dont look for headshots.. I wound my oponents from an angle and if they dont die (which in Hardcore, they usually do), I follow up with the pistol since by using the silencer its harder for them to pin point me.
                          I have done some regular sniping as well, but I avoid the long range shots and focus on say.. 50m to 100m

Comment

Originally posted by Red Storm View Post
                            The funnest way Ive found of running Sniper is an M40 with Acog 4X and a Silencer. No need to compensate for bullet drop, and I dont look for headshots.. I wound my oponents from an angle and if they dont die (which in Hardcore, they usually do), I follow up with the pistol since by using the silencer its harder for them to pin point me.
                            I have done some regular sniping as well, but I avoid the long range shots and focus on say.. 50m to 100m
                            This sir... is not how to use the sniper kit in an realistic in an realistic manner.... Might as well use a DMR at that range, but lots of people run and gunish with the sniper which I find quite annoying sometimes only due to the fact that I'll be suppressing them, I am sure some of my shots hits.. but they get that 1 perfect shot and I am down, I miss the old BF3 way before it was prepatched that when snipers were suppressed, unless they are bipoded, their weapon sway made it nearly impossible to land a perfect shot. No matter how much I move and suppress. Even when I know I have no clear shot, I still hip-fire in their direction and run (like in a real combat situation) to not land a shot but to at least knock them off balance... But seems snipers aren't really effected by it.
                            Please Be Warned...
                            If you see me... Im never alone....
                            My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

Wait until you get the SRR and the range finder with the ballistic 40x. Can also be fun on the big wide open maps. Got myself a 919m headshot today.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X