X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Dragon's Teeth expansion delivers two-handed ballistic shield

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/17/552...llistic-shield

Choice quotes...
    A two-handed ballistic shield is coming to Battlefield 4 as part of the upcoming Dragon's Teeth expansion pack, according to a GDC talk given by an EA DICE animator.

The shield will be part of the Dragon's Teeth expansion coming to the game this summer. Little is known about the expansion other than it will focus on urban warfare.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Dragon's Teeth expansion delivers two-handed ballistic shield

Urban sounds to me like CoD style maps... Just guessing, like that one BF3 map pack.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

"It turns out that stopping bullets in a first-person shooter is a ton of fun," he said. "We're confident that it will create a new dynamic for the game."
      too bad a well placed nade will make this shield useless.. or an RPG .. or Airburst . noobtoob .. or the countless other ways to die in BF .. which is the way it should be.
      theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
      E Pluribus Unum
      Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
      Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Could be mildly amusing on Locker.
        sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

I imagine a squad creeping up the escalator in a full phalanx. There's a few places where there's very little cover around a flag that this might be useful for, but I can't see myself equipping it over other options.

Comment

But I use my other hand to hold my sandwich.
            sigpic

Comment

Imagine the phalanx on Knife only servers!

Comment

Imagine the phalanx on phalanx only servers!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                  But I use my other hand to hold my sandwich.
                  I've never heard of that referred to as a sandwich.

Comment

I like this development. It has real potential for some situations.
                    TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Not sure, but I think you could still operate it while holding a hoagie and having your lunch, you just need the double breasted crossed swan method.

Also this new feature seems pointless as an option unless they think it will help with locker or metro?

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Ultimately, all of the approaches failed because they didn't have enough time to create the needed animation changes or they were hindered by last-gen console memory constraints.

"We didn't have enough memory," Duffin said. "It added about a megabyte, but a megabyte on a 2006 console is a lot, so it didn't work out."

It is just me...or, oh nevermind I give up with these game devs and their old ways. Thought this game was made for PC players....old crap holding us back again.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X