Soooooo...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooooo...

Is a sniper a reliable part of any squad in BF4? Cause I can't wait, 2 hours of download time or more left...

Re: Soooooo...

... Depends on who the sniper is.
    sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

...I took a year and a half off, sooooo <<<<< rusty >>>>> but hopefully I can get back into it quickly.... Hello everyone!

Comment

Snipers can either greatly improve the fighting ability of a squad or doom it. If you are spotting targets for the squad, calling out enemy armor, providing cover fire on objectives the squad is taking and using beacons to keep the squad close to the action then you are doing it right.

If you sit in the back, by the first objective trying to get kills from 500m out and going 33-2 then you are hurting your squad and your team. So in answer to your question, it depends on you if the sniper will help or hurt the team.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Does Grieg or PDrona play anymore?

And what is the limit on snipers on the server?

Oh, and to sum up my sniping. Shooting someone from 500m can be fun but not nearly as fun as shooting someone from 20m with said sniper rifle as bullets wiz by... Telling my teammates that 3 more are approaching from the north... Possibly moving positions cause when I shoot, everyone knows it - I don't use a silencer.. EVER - or bum rushing you with a pistol from 3 meters cause that is the last resort.

And one tactic least mentioned in this forum pertaining to sniper classes - Learning to shoot with something other then your primary is essential as a sniper aka. your pistol is a skill that for most is severely underdeveloped in my opinion.

Comment

Grieg hasn't been around in years. Drona is still around, not sure if he plays BF4, but he's involved in PlanetSide2.

Welcome back!
            |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Thanks, sad deal about Grieg, he was a fun one to play with or against for that matter.

Hey Corp, Nice to see you too.

Comment

Since this is the second thread where the use of the sniper rifle has come up, along with some comments that are at odds with the general aims of this community, I thought I'd better post some clarification.

The use of a sniper rifle as a CQB weapon is not the kind of tactical and realistic gameplay we aim for at Tactical Gamer, this should be apparent in view of our goals as a Community and the principles outlined in the Primer.

Moving around and need to shoot someone, use what you got. Deliberately taking a weapon intended for long range engagements into cqb with a close range scope, time and again, in an attempt to wing it with a one hit kill weapon, yeah, that's not what we're aiming for here, in fact it's the opposite.

"Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine, regardless of the level of advantage, if any, it gives over the opposing team."

Comment

sorry for getting excited, I can do that quite frequently. I hope that anyone that has played with me in Battlefield 3 can vouch for my skill and ability to play within a team to get a job done "find and secure an objective". Sorry if my playing style is a little off, but I get the job done within the confines of TG. I know the rules and have played by them for years. Though new to most of you I assure you I'm not a gun toting sniper looking for that one shot kill. I know my class and how it will help the team. Just getting antsy cause I can't play to later tonight after taking a long break.

Comment

This was really not suppose to turn so serious... :p)

Comment

Great guide put together by [MENTION=42722]TheLancerMancer[/MENTION] about sniping, and many good tips. Welcome back Moses! I feel like I remember playing with you at some point but I can't put a finger on when....anyways, happy hunting :)

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-concepts.html
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

COD4 or Battlefield 3, can't put a finger on it either.

Comment

Of course you don't have to run a sniper rifle if you use the recon kit. I sometimes don't and just play support with a CQB weapon or with a DMR.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                            COD4 or Battlefield 3, can't put a finger on it either.
                            BF3, didn't play COD4 here

And good point Acreo
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

There is plenty of opportunity to use the long guns in BF4. The maps and gameplay provide opportunity to do so in a more appropriate manner than BF3. The server is setup with a dynamic sniper rifle limit that maxes out at 3 per side.
                              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X