Inf only Flood Zone FTW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inf only Flood Zone FTW

Had a lot of fun last night, saw good teamwork, and infantry only maps seemed like a big hit.

~Seriousturtle
    TG21 Seriousturtle

Re: Inf only Flood Zone FTW

+1000, makes this a more interesting map to only have fast mover buggies on this map.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

I think taking away the chopper is a huge win, I don't even mind the ground armor. Of course, it is all or nothing with the infantry only setting.

Comment

Just not having to deal with people on the top of "C" flag is a HUGE win.

42nd Recon

Comment

yeah, having ppl sniping with dmr's from atop c building just sucks. Great job to the admins making these good server choices. I also have been getting decent feedback about 3 sniper limit, fyi.

~seriousturtle
          TG21 Seriousturtle

Comment

First impression is that Floodzone without vehicles is fantastic!

Metro and Locker are fun with smaller populations but with 64 they turn into a grind. Floodzone is a what a 64 player infantry only map looks like.

As an aside, I'm a very middling player but on the three occasions I've played this map without vehicles I've performed (slightly) above average. I'm using the AWS + XM25 Airburst and this combo works very well for the mid-range engagements that take place frequently on this map.

Comment

Full credit goes to Mantis for these changes, a fantastic idea.

Removing the ability for people to camp the roofs of buildings on this map focuses the gameplay in the rught areas and brings so much more of the map into play. I love floodzone, it's one of my favorites and always thought it was a crying shame that so many players focussed on the roofs rather than all the interesting little passages, cut throughs and stair accesses in and around the buildings. Plus the constant nuisance of the op Scout Chopper/engineer combo just hovering and strafing the infantry.

Now infantry can and have to use the actual routes round the map rather than simply helo dropping everywhere. I actually think Floodzone is really cool played from the ground level up and I wish they would do a larger version with more streets, alleyways and enterable buildings.

Can't wait to get back on the server and play this.

Comment

Played it last night and loved it!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Mantis shows once again, he's a genius! DICE should hire you for level and game balance design.

42nd Recon

Comment

They won't do that because he would piss off the COD kids by actually making the game balanced lmao

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X