pre-set loadouts...finally...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-set loadouts...finally...

I for one am very happy to see this coming soon, I like to use different sets and different load outs for each map I play on, should make it easier to select and use.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/04...sets&cid=20565
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: pre-set loadouts...finally...

I'd also been wanting this for a while now; saves time between spawns as you re-equip for a changing threat. Good news!
    Edit: Seems like it won't function from the in game menu like I was hoping for, only battlelog. That's too bad but still has some usefulness.
    Last edited by Squinty; 04-07-2014, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squinty View Post
      I'd also been wanting this for a while now; saves time between spawns as you re-equip for a changing threat. Good news!
      Edit: Seems like it won't function from the in game menu like I was hoping for, only battlelog. That's too bad but still has some usefulness.
      That defeats the point then in my opinion. Without being able to select these pre-defined kits within the game, we're back to swapping out weapons as threat changes.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Eh, uhhh. Yeah, kinda defeats the point unless I choose a load-out from within the game. I need to be able to switch from Anti-Tank to Repair monkey quicker.

Comment

Well you can do it with the mobile app or on battlelog, which I keep open on my second monitor. I've been waiting for this for a while now, it's been teased a few times on reddit as it was in development.

Comment

Not a bad idea. I remember somebody and I talking about something similar to this concept awhile back. The only bummer is that it doesn't say anything about setting soldier/uniform camo in the presets. And the fact that you can't access the presets in game. Overhauling a kit piece by piece, and attachment by attachment, in the middle of a game can be a bit of a hassle - especially in a situation where time is of the essence. Guess I'll have to try the mobile app and see how that works.
            |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by abendchain View Post
              Well you can do it with the mobile app or on battlelog, which I keep open on my second monitor. I've been waiting for this for a while now, it's been teased a few times on reddit as it was in development.
              Not everyone has a second monitor (I sadly don't). Also, having to pull this up on the mobile app sucks imho. They should just let us have the ability to switch to pre-defined kits within the game.

I get the feeling the console players will get this ability while we won't.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

As this isn't in game where it would be much more useful, I would have preferred seeing DICE add camo to loadouts.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintLuvix View Post
                  As this isn't in game where it would be much more useful, I would have preferred seeing DICE add camo to loadouts.
                  Exactly.

I'd rather have preset load outs with preset camos to switch to, according to the map. If I jump in on Zavod, I want an Engineer loadout with Woodland camo. If we rotate to Shanghai afterwards, I want to switch to my urban camo Engineer loadout instantly, rather than cycling through several menus.
                  |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

As for the preset load outs, pretty much useless.

As for the camos.. I dont think any of the camos really really help you hide in any environment in BF4. I use the adaptive sprays on all my weapons, Turtle at the moment, so I dont need worry about changing it each map.
                    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                    E Pluribus Unum
                    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Yeah, I created a couple pre-sets, I still haven't found time to alt-tab out of game and switch to another preset in between rounds, useless.

Comment

use of the second monitor seems essential for this
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

They are useful if you have a second monitor and run the game in borderless mode in the video settings, then when you die you can just move your mouse over to battlelog and select your preset and click on "apply" and you will get a message in-game saying a load out has been applied, it does not change the loadout on the fly only when you die, you can hit escape and move your mouse over to battlelog and apply a new preset but it will only be applied at your next spawn.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X