Yo-Yo grenades and invinsible enemy? Jack explains it all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo-Yo grenades and invinsible enemy? Jack explains it all

I know it has happened to me more than a few times.. Thrown a nade through a open door, only to have it blow up in my face. Been firing at someone, kill them as someone spawns directly behind them, the spawner takes no damage, they start to run, realize they are under fire, turn and shoots you in the face as you reload the empty mag you just emptied into them.

Not to mention all the times that I have gone around a corner to fire a RPG at a tank, only to have it blow up in my face . . For the longest time I believed in the community theory that collision meshes from damaged objects was causing it.

But, Oh NO!! All this time it has been a feature in the game. Explains a ton of the screaming going on by people complaining about hit registration.

JackFrags' Death Shield - Battlefield 4
    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
    E Pluribus Unum
    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Re: Yo-Yo grenades and invinsible enemy? Jack explains it all

Can you give a bit of a synopsis, I can't watch it at work right now and I'm really curious what this about?
    sigpic

Comment

PC Gamer
      "A previously undiscovered bug has been exposed in Battlefield 4, and it could be responsible for some of the game's more frustrating moments. The "death shield" is an invisible wall that extends from downed (but not dead) players. As they lie there, waiting for a revive, the 'shield' blocks all incoming projectiles—even bouncing them back to damage your soldier. It's another blow for a game that's already had more than its share of problems. On the plus side, I can now pretend like my own incompetence is really the result of a bug.

YouTuber Jack Frag stumbled across the bug, and has provided video evidence of what it does:

When a soldier is killed in Battlefield 4, there's a period of time in which they can be revived. When a player is fully dead, explosives and projections will pass over them fine, but in the pre-death downed state, it seems the game is misreporting a soldier's hit box. Presumably this is most noticeable on the corridor-heavy maps like Operation Locker.

If they weren't aware of it before, DICE have been alerted to the bug's existence. QA lead Jaqub Ajmal explained that they were "looking into it".

Have you been affected by Battlefield 4's Death Shield? I definitely have. Definitely. And you can't prove otherwise."
      BlackSheepTx

Comment

Wow. I guess medics do have an extra shield when going in for a revive and we just didn't know it.
        sigpic

Comment

i once threw a nade into a door, room clearing style. i waited outside the door until the boom, which would have been my cue to run inside. but when the nade exploded on the far side of the room it killed me....outside its radius...through a wall that was undamaged by the explosion. good on JackFrags for bringing issues to light. luckily i havent had too many wierd episodes like that.

Comment

I definitely have seen this. Hopefully they fix it.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Yup seen this also, a fix would be nice......

Comment

Anyone remember the beta for BF3? You know when you shot the guy, he goes down, you shoot him again to make sure he doesn't get rezzed? Yeah, they should have just stuck with that formula.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                  Anyone remember the beta for BF3? You know when you shot the guy, he goes down, you shoot him again to make sure he doesn't get rezzed? Yeah, they should have just stuck with that formula.
                  Rule #2 Always remember the double tap :)
                  |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalDrummer View Post
                    Rule #2 Always remember the double tap :)
                    I suddenly wish I could do that with stingers and iglas...would bring down those little birds with two engineers a lot quicker.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X