burst fire question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burst fire question

Ive been wondering if one can pull the trigger on a burst weapon too quickly, causing the weapon to not fire. with the M16 and a burst fire LMG i use it seems to happen when i have someone in close and im going nuts on the button.

Re: burst fire question

I'm not sure it will totally stop firing but it is definitely limited. Otherwise if you think about it, you could make a burst fire weapon fire faster than an automatic weapon, which isn't exactly fair or realistic.

I remember seeing on a youtube video about an assault rifle in game (might have been the M4) and the guy in it said you had to find the right clicking speed to balance/optomize the firing rate such that you could get the most rounds down range.
    |TG6|Flarionice
    Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

i thought that was the case, thanks for answering. my fear was that my i was lagging out or something.

Comment

Fire modes get me killed all the time especially the ones with three rates of fire. I have noticed if I go to fire on someone close range and I am on single fire and miss (usually thats the case) I quickly try to fire again and even though it feels like I should have gotten another shot off, it dosnt happen and feels like a miss fire. net code i guess.

Comment

Yup I think you can basically get a 'dead man's click' with rounds in the mag if you pull the trigger too fast in burst mode. Pretty sure I've had this using the M16 and AK12. I'm guessing here but I think they put a limiter on it to do two things, a) prevent burst ROF exceeding full auto ROF (in the beta you could burst fire the AK12 at over 1100 rpm iiirc) and b) from a justification/gameplay/realism point of view it probably equates to trigger reset.

I personally only use actual burst on weapons limited to that mode of fire, ie single or burst, like the M16. I find it better to use either single shot or controlled full auto (still basically burst but I control the shot string length). By that I mean I never select burst on a weapon with 3 fire modes.

It may just be me but I find the burst fire setting to occasionally get me in trouble. Whilst I really enjoy the M16, it's accurate and has a high cyclic rate, the rythmn of burst fire can be 'off' with the reality of what's going on around you. Burst fire has a kind of bounce to it if you get my meaning. Pull trigger 2-3 rounds out, muzzle climbs, reset front sight, pull trigger...repeat.

If I round a corner and run into a squad I find it easier and better for me if I can control my shot string length on full auto. Plus the recoil is more consistent, on the 416 I can put out say 10+ rounds and I know the recoil pattern I have to counter. If I'm moving I can strafe in such a manner that it helps mitigate that pattern even more, effectively dragging my front sight onto and across my targets. The only mouse recoil management I'm doing is downward. Assuming a single direction lateral pull + vertical recoil.

My recoil management is consistent.

With burst I am experiencing a reset of recoil and front sight after every second or third shot so the pattern is up and down + some lateral pull instead of a more diagonal spread. For me at least it makes the actual burst setting less desirable when choosing an AR for an 'all round' purpose.

That being said, if you are moving point to point and engaging at medium to medium short ranges burst can be really effective. Like anything its about knowing the limitations of the platform and yourself

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X