Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just about had it with the server

Many squads made up of 1-3 people.

Many rounds extremely lop sided and no one willing to change to balance things out.

Many DMR's and sniper rifles controlling the maps, without care for squad work.

Not why I'm here, nor will I for the long term.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Re: Just about had it with the server

I agree, during the later in the nights squads do degrade in quality no doubt. I do think your going about it the wrong way though. I understand the frustration.

1. It is up to us players to ask for inactive squad leaders to be kicked. I have left before because my entire team was inactive squad leaders with abotu 15 TG'ers on the other side. My response to it was to leave instead of ask for 5+ inactive squad leaders to be kicked. Some people might do it but I wouldn't.

2. I think we could definitely turn this into a discussion thread about the different topics, so let's get some peoples thoughts about the mentioned problems.

Personally I think that in my situation it was really my fault for not reporting, I just wasn't up for it.
    As for the team balance it's up for the community to balance itself, players must be willing to go out of their comfort zone for a little just to even out the teams, even if you are leaving behind a great squad. (i have seen this written prolly 5+ times with my 4 years here)

Over-all I'm asking to keep it positive :) Discussion is always more productive than ranting, not implying that your are photo :)
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Photo,

Threatening to leave helps nobody. Why don't we all work together to discuss the cause of the problem, and come up with solutions?

Why do you think there are so many small squads? Why aren't people banding together into bigger ones? Is it a lack of admin intervention? Do we need text to pop up telling people to squad up?

I completely feel your frustration on the DMR/sniper issue - it's frustrating that seemingly everyone on the server is carrying one or the other. On many maps it's easy to mitigate their weapon choice but on some of the slightly more open maps it just turns into running around while the incessant "pew pew pew pew" of DMR spam follows you around.

Would a DMR limit help? Or perhaps a DMR ban? A strong suggestion to be sure, but I think we do need to stop and think about how we want the game to be played on our server.

I think there's nothing wrong with some complaining, but complaining without even making an effort to suggest a solution isn't a mature way to handle your frustration.
      TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

A lot of regulars seem to be less interested in BF4 these days, thus we get A LOT more public players filling the server, so it does get a more 'pubby' feel to it. All we can do is educate people and if that doesn't work, kick them. It really is the TG way, or the highway here.

Comment

Why aren't the admins scheduling scrimms?
          BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Originally posted by Indiscriminate View Post
            Why aren't the admins scheduling scrimms?
            Yeah! Damn admins :p

We have tried to organize a couple external scrims that have yet to produce anything. Plus, the admin team is usually pretty busy with back end work (like your custom ticket numbers and map rotations) so there is always a lot of work going on. This is why we need you, the players, to step up. If you want to do a scrim post up in the CAA and get the ball rolling. We do what we can, but sometimes we need you guys to help out.

So here is my challenge to you....you want to scrim? Organize one! Setup the best scrim EVAR! When you get it all set post it up in the CAA. Whomever sets up the epic scrim of epicness will get a special gift from me.

*SIDE NOTE*
            Internal scrim is preferred

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

In my absence for a couple years playing bf3 only on 360 I have learned to ignore many things I use to not. I know that has carried over with me to our server. But all in all our server has the best game play still compared to others I have joined. That being said, I agree with Photo and Dredge and will step up to help sculpt the game we enjoy together, usually that just means being a little more aware and instructive to pubbies, easy fix I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Crux View Post
                Would a DMR limit help? Or perhaps a DMR ban?
                I'm with everyone on just about every point in this thread, but the DMR complaining is too much. This game is called Battlefield, if you can't handle being killed by a semiautomatic rifle, you should be playing a different game. Limiting sniper rifles serves a purpose, to keep the lone wolves playing way off of flags to a minimum, but if other guns start getting limited because people don't like getting killed by them, we start turning into any other rule-ridden server.

I think the autobalance/scramble does it's job just fine, and I'm never going to switch teams just because mine is winning, that's ridiculous.

Solution to small squads with ineffective leaders: password night every night! Or more seriously, going back to custom rules so we get fewer people randomly joining by hitting 'play now.'

Comment

I agree with Photo in that BF4 is not becoming what we had hoped in would, at least in my opinion.

What worked so well in previously titles that is not working so well in BF4? What differentiated our experiences at TG from other servers? I know everyone will say "teamwork!", but what makes teamwork, exactly?

The obvious answers are people working together, right? People working within their squad, following SL orders and sticking together. Beyond that, you have squads working together under the leadership and direction of the CO. Everyone on the team, all pulling their weight with a common goal. That is teamwork, no doubt!

But underneath that all, and what facilitates teamwork is what is missing in this game: Communication.

Whoa, dispo! BF4 has VOIP built in! Where is communication lacking?!? - You might ask.

Well, to me it's pretty elementary. BF4 VOIP seems to have issues, whether it is isolated to our server or not I don't know and don't care. The bottom line is is that there have been plenty of issues with VOIP quality on our server. Beyond that, we have the issue that not all pub players come to our server with their mics on, nor do they care to turn them on, and even if they are on I'm sure a number of them *still* don't know that the left ALT key is used to speak in-game.

But it's even worse than just poor quality VOIP or a lack of players outside of the regular cadre of TG players that actually try to use it. It is the lack of ability to communicate between squads. Again, the game itself provides no capabilities for this outside of team chat. Third party tools, such as teamspeak, will keep the number of players who choose to use it to a select few who (ie. TG regulars). We can't expect pubbies to join up on teamspeak because it is cumbersome and takes too long. Yes, we have several new regulars to TG who have come to our community via our BF4 server, but their numbers are small compared to the numbers that come through the turnstiles every night that don't bother. Even when the regulars are on teamspeak, aren't we all in just one channel? There are squad channels provided, but rarely do you see actual squads in those channels, and if you are in a squad channel, you still can't speak with the other squad leaders without setting up whisper functionality. By the time you figure out who all the squad leaders are, match them up with their in-game names and set up whispers to them, the round is over. It's a logistical nightmare.

Lastly is the CO position. While DICE graciously put it back into the game, they cut his (or her) balls off by making communication between the CO and his SLs a complete kludge. Nothing is straightforward or intuitive, and when you add in the ability for a CO to play on a tablet, you're really setting up the position for failure (to communicate).

The game itself is the biggest issue we have, not the people. If the game focused more on easy to use communication like it did in BF2 we would probably not have as many issues with dissatisfaction with the game.

So, how can we fix/remedy the communication issues plaguing this game? If we can do that, the teamwork issues will take care of themselves. If we can't, then a lot of us are just going to keep looking for the "next BF2".

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

IMO, the game is fundamentally too chaotic for VOIP or squad coordination to be of much use. Plus I can never seem to hear anybody speaking because the volume of VOIP is so ridiculously low.
                    sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Guys I just wanted to offer an apology as I have been largely AFK at the wheel the past few weeks due to RL. Myself and the Admin Team are reading your comments and taking it all on board to see what we can do to improve things. Sadly at the moment the game is virtually unplayable for me due to horrendous rubber banding since the Naval Strike patch (does anyone else have this problem to that degree) but I can still do the background stuff here obviously.

Comment

This was NOT a thread for the weight of the work to be placed on the admins.

And I apologize for the frustration boiling over, but I think the problem lies in the solution. That is all of us (myself included).

I do wonder why people would enjoy winning 500 to 1 every game of a night. Yes, there are rounds that just end up that way, but when an entire night is spent on one side, and losing 7-8 games 500 - 0, there is a problem. The autobalance can only do so much, but we as people can offer to intelligently augment that finding better balance.

Abend, if you feel that it isn't your responsibility to change when there are continuous extreme blowouts, while I understand your position, I don't respect it. If you want blow outs, that's your prerogative, I prefer games that end under 100-1, games in my opinion that matter.

Additionally, I wasn't complaining about DMR's, I was complaining about the amount of people in squads of 1-2 people with sniper/DMR who are not willing to play as a team and as a squad, if you are sensitive to people making comments about DMR's, please try to read the post completely before passing judgement.

"Many DMR's and sniper rifles controlling the maps, without care for squad work."

In the end, new people will continue to play the way they are used to on the more undisciplined servers unless we as a community teach, show and encourage them what is (imho) a better way to enjoy the game.

If' I've upset anyone, I'd like to say I apologize, but I don't. I feel my opinion is valid (why else state it?)

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

My DMR comments weren't really directed at you or anyone in particular. You just brought it up, then crux threw out the idea of limiting them, plus I see people complaining in chat all the time about them. I just find it getting to be too much.

About switching sides, that's why there is a scramble script when one team wins with more than 400 tickets. I think that's about all you can do. Last night when I joined my team beat yours a few rounds, then it scrambled when you left and we lost. I don't see how me or anyone else manually switching when I win will do anything else that adds to that.

I completely agree about the main things you brought up and I hope there's a way to make it better. I wasn't judging and I hope you don't go anywhere, I've always enjoyed playing with you, especially shooting you in the face with my MK11 :)

Comment

If only it were possible to change the sound the DMRs made. More of a real slow BLAAAAAP BLAAAAAP, like a clown nose.
                            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

As I have said before.. It all comes down to the player base. The admin can only do so much. It is up to the player base to educate "our guests".

If we are only squading up with those players we know, only with our friends, only with the guys (and girls) we know are going to be great team players. We as the player base cant complain about the other 20 players on our team who are in 1-3 man squads, spread out all over the place... OR all clumped up at the one flag the team has. I have been guilty of complaining to admins about the 5 or 6 1-3 man squads, when I join a 3 man squad with quests. . . and there is only 1 or 2 full squads on the team, usually with TG tagged players in them.

If we are not willing to spread the love, TG style, then we can expect the guests to play like they are on any other server, doing what ever they want.

Even though we cant name the squads "Learn TG", we need to get back into spreading the love. OR, as I said before, the server will not grow and prosper. Every night, I see fewer and fewer tagged players, fewer and fewer regulars, more and more actions that we should be kicking players for. If they are not going to be educated, you can expect them to continue to act like pubs.

Originally posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
                              IMO, the game is fundamentally too chaotic for VOIP or squad coordination to be of much use. Plus I can never seem to hear anybody speaking because the volume of VOIP is so ridiculously low.
                              If VOIP is too low to hear, then you need to adjust your in-game volumes. I turned down the in game noises, music off, and turned up VOIP(or left it at 100%, dont remember). I am sorry, but you have to adjust to the speed of the game, there is no excuse for not communicating. It is what brought me to TG, what got me to stay. It is what we should pride ourselves for, communication and teamwork. I talk all the damn time, even when I dont get responses.. Then pow, one of the guests starts talking, next thing you know 2 or 3 of them are talking.
                              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                              E Pluribus Unum
                              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed