Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good recomendations for a good chair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good recomendations for a good chair?

My chair sucks and I need another one. Any recommendations?

Re: Any good recomendations for a good chair?

I have had great success with my cheapo 'office' chair I got from walmart. Office chairs are built for long periods of sitting so they work great. I have found that gaming chairs, while they may have cool features, hurt after about an hour or so.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Mine is a cheap office chair and its not very good. I will look at Office Max.

Comment

The best way to game is in a chair that is soft on the ass and straight on the back, if you can lock the back of your chair at 90 when gaming, make it so!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
          The best way to game is in a chair that is soft on the ass and straight on the back, if you can lock the back of your chair at 90 when gaming, make it so!
          I completely agree with the first part, but I sit forward when I am playing, so I dont use the back except to watch videos, relax and read. I suggest getting one with a mesh back, they are much cooler than a padded leather/fabric. I also suggest, shop for your next chair.. Sit in them for a couple minutes, rock back in it, see if it wobbles. Make sure you can handle sitting in it for a while. I realized that my last chair wobbled side to side after about one hour of sitting in it at home. . . months latter, when it broke and threw me to the floor, I regretted not taking it back right away. My current one has all adjustable armrests, lumbar, and headrest.. Well worth the $250 I paid for it, maybe 5-6 years ago.

Something else that I learned from other people who spend way too much time sitting in a office chair(designers). The armrests get hard on the elbows. Cut a pair of new socks so they slip over the armrest, put a nice chunk of foam in it and it makes the armrest much nicer on the elbows. When I had a unlimited source of bubble wrap, they work the best(for comfort), but they pop if you put pressure on them when adjusting in your seat. Right now I have pieces of soft packing foam, that was around a light fixture, they are not real stiff, and they spring back. They work perfect, but I was lucky to find this foam at work, they are also starting to flatten out so I have been looking for new foam.

I know a designer who folds up a pair of socks and use them inside the cut pair, so he can wash them every week. He is a bit of a germ-a-phobe, he would freak out if others sat in "his chair"(which he lathered in sanitizer every morning, "just in case someone did something to it"), or used his keyboard and mouse (which he would take with him everyday).

I also sit on a fat Serta Sleeper pillow, 12 bucks from Wally-World, just because I can spend hours sitting here, and even a nice seat gets a bit hard on the rear-end. Something else I learned of fellow armchair warriors.
          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
          E Pluribus Unum
          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Wow, Angel, how many hours are you sitting?

I suggest getting it from Costco. Price and quality are good and returns are easy.
            |TG|Melee
            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
              Wow, Angel, how many hours are you sitting?

I get more than my share of exercise at work(well, we all could use more). I once wore one of those mileage sensors for a week, averaged enough steps to count for 2.62 miles per day. When I was framing, 10+ years, it was either carry a 8 pound gun, or a 14 pound saw in one hand, and flip 2-byes with the other.. all day long... All in the New Mexico sun. Im too old for that $#!+

Besides, I know designers who spend 12-16 hours in a chair, 7 days a week. I have to get up and take a walk every couple hours.
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I've had this one for a while now:

http://www.hermanmiller.com/products...ra-chairs.html

Pricey, but kind of wish I would have spent extra and purchased the Aeron.

Or maybe this one:

http://www.steelcase.com/en/products...p_brochure.pdf

Didn't really want to spend near $1000 for a chair though.

Comment

I built my desk around my love seat. not so good for my shoulder I think, it gets in knots sometimes.

Comment

I also lower my armrests all the way down below the level of the desk, and raise the level of the chair to it's highest point, this stops me from shrugging my shoulders and making them tense causing pain at the top of my back and neck.

Comment

I have a Serta executive chair. Can adjust everything on it.

http://www.officemax.com/clearance/c...ct-prod3110014

Back in the day (about 2 years ago) I paid well over $250 for it.

Comment

I had an office chair from Target that I scored for $20 or so. It was a pretty good chair, actually. The cushion wore out (well, it didn't have much to begin with) after while, so I stopped using it and switched to another rolly chair that I had around the house with more cushion on the back and seat. I suppose I could've reupholstered the Target chair with some memory foam or something. But I'm a drummer, not Betty Homemaker. So that's was out of the question.

Check thrift stores. You might find a pretty killer chair, gently used, for dirt cheap. That's what I do. I'm not super picky about chairs. If it's cheap and it's comfortable - it's good enough for me. I can't have arms on my chairs though.. It does not bode well when playing guitar. (yea, I play guitar too. There's some trivia for ya kids.). Especially when you have a large guitar with enough protuding points on it to where it can double as a deadly weapon (READ: Washburn Dime Stealth), like me. haha.
                        |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

I think I needed to start an old folks thread... lol :)

Comment

From one of the old folks, I relieved this from my workplace upon retirement. Never a sore butt or back no matter how long I sit in it. They run about $700.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                              From one of the old folks, I relieved this from my workplace upon retirement. Never a sore butt or back no matter how long I sit in it. They run about $700.
                              This man is very wise. :-)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X