bad habits from other games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad habits from other games

so i know we don't allow bunny hopping on the server, but i have to admit i caught myself doing it last night, i'd jump out from behind cover to shoot at an enemy, then jump back..

when i realized i was doing it i stopped... but it took me a little while to even realize it

and then i had to analyze my gameplay to figure out why i started doing it again.... DOH Titanfall... freaking jet packs and parkour in that game is addictive, makes you want to double jump and wall run everywhere

sorry bout that, i'm working on it :)

Re: bad habits from other games

Originally posted by digitalcassette View Post
    so i know we don't allow bunny hopping on the server, but i have to admit i caught myself doing it last night, i'd jump out from behind cover to shoot at an enemy, then jump back..

when i realized i was doing it i stopped... but it took me a little while to even realize it

and then i had to analyze my gameplay to figure out why i started doing it again.... DOH Titanfall... freaking jet packs and parkour in that game is addictive, makes you want to double jump and wall run everywhere

sorry bout that, i'm working on it :)
    you are so right! Alot of older games too like Unreal tournament and such...makes you want to jump all over the place
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

i still circle strafe from games like Wolfenstein,Doom, and Duke Nukem 3d. glad im not the only one with bad habits from old games.

Comment

Too slow and deliberate. This game rewards twitch. Thanks Obama...err, I mean PR!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
          Too slow and deliberate. This game rewards twitch. Thanks Obama...err, I mean PR!
          I stopped early on for the same reason Dispo....I can not twitch ;)

|

Comment

Originally posted by Warlab View Post
            I stopped early on for the same reason Dispo....I can not twitch ;)
            LOL, but can you twerk?

Comment

I twitch, but it's more a side effect of substances than playing games.

PR has ruined most FPS's for me too.

I need at least 10 people working together to enjoy my FPS games now. That kind of eliminates BF4 for me.

That said, bad habits.
              I still drop mags too early from CS 1.6. With the BF titles I loose those rounds. Though I still can't drop the early reload habit.

I still call out things like "set, covering, moving" and the like even though no one knows what that means half the time.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by JHemp81 View Post
                i still circle strafe from games like Wolfenstein,Doom, and Duke Nukem 3d. glad im not the only one with bad habits from old games.
                :D
                was just playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein...really good

and I almost made it through doom 2

I do the same thing as well for CS sometimes, always reload way to early
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Not a bad habit persay but I do find myself trying to freelook with my head like you can in ARMA; I feel like I'm in a neckbrace in comparison.

Comment

I still find myself instinctively dolphin diving on occasion from playing BF2 for several years. Unfortunately it usually results in getting turned into swiss cheese now :o

Comment

Originally posted by TigerDew2 View Post
                      I still find myself instinctively dolphin diving on occasion from playing BF2 for several years. Unfortunately it usually results in getting turned into swiss cheese now :o
                      Eh, when I come under fire I'll go prone to make a smaller horizontal signature. I don't do it as a dive though. It's a purely tactical move when I do so.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X