Immature Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immature Chat

I know we like to have fun and all on the server, but we need to try to keep the chat game related as best we can. I'm all for the occasional jab or funny one liner after you blow Wicks up, but you need to remember that your actions in game and in chat reflect the TG community. One of maturity and respect. Lets keep it clean and mature guys, be a good example for other players to follow.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Immature Chat

Eh, if I did this sorry Dredge, not sure if I did though, i know other comments that were much worse than my own, however if I did, my bad :-P

Comment

Not naming and shaming, just a general post.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
        Not naming and shaming, just a general post.
        Oh no, you must name, so we can shame .. and then I will add them to my list of people to TK at random times. JUST kidding, maybe.

Seriously though, the Hack-usations, name calling, and other chat trolling has to stop. The admin team has a hard enough time keeping the "guests" in line, without having to tell tagged, and non-tagged regulars to follow the rules that we all should know. I am a [email protected]$$ by nature, and trust me, I have had to backspace over hundreds of quips on our servers over the years.

While we are on the subject of the level of maturity expected within TG, the cursing in TS has to stop. Remember, there are people who play with speakers, and they have small children.. Besides, it is not a sign of maturity to cuss like a sailor, regardless of what 90% of 18 year old players think. Again, I curse to myself all the time, I get it, frustration sets in, and it piles out... I just dont hit the push-to-talk when I do it.
        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
        E Pluribus Unum
        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Daughter: "Daddy what did that guy just say?" Dad: "UHHH... Duck those cheating clock witches in there cupid masses" Daughter: " whats a cupid masses?" Dad: " UHH... go play up stairs "

Comment

I am all for editing and not using profane language on TS (although I do get surprised and drop one or two) however, anyone who has the speakers on with small kids and has this game with the game supplied language has nothing to say. I've heard a couple of Voice acted F'bombs while playing. Is there an option to shut off the voice overs? Or are they part of the game sounds?

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

My Q. When the hell do you guys find time to type into that chat box during a game... I try and do that and end up dead in seconds. ;)
              I honestly think I've maybe typed in chat 10 times since playing.

(Personally the chat box gets in my way, I'd rather not have it at all... if your not using in game comms then bye bye... Just saying, not demanding, I know this won't fly at TG.)
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                My Q. When the hell do you guys find time to type into that chat box during a game... I try and do that and end up dead in seconds. ;)

(Personally the chat box gets in my way, I'd rather not have it at all... if your not using in game comms then bye bye... Just saying, not demanding, I know this won't fly at TG.)
                there is a slider for the HUD, i made my HUD WAYYY smaller than default, helps alot
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post

I find time to type when I'm dead. Which unfortunately is far too often.

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                    Seriously though, the Hack-usations, name calling, and other chat trolling has to stop. The admin team has a hard enough time keeping the "guests" in line, without having to tell tagged, and non-tagged regulars to follow the rules that we all should know. I am a [email protected]$$ by nature, and trust me, I have had to backspace over hundreds of quips on our servers over the years.......
                    Agreed. Seeing that stuff is just irritating to me after enough of it. I, too, have had to backspace a few quips after seeing something ridiculous and tell myself "Leave it alone." And usually muttering to myself off-mic "What the F*@& is that guy's problem?!" I'm all for having fun and I've seen some hilarious stuff in the chat while in-game. And I'm all for that, as long as it doesn't become a distraction. But the hack-usations, name calling, and trolling isn't cool, in this drummer's opinions

Voice comms......I can usually tell who's playing with speakers and who isn't (I can hear myself through their comms if they cut in as I'm talking. Or I can hear the game in the background when they're talking.) But I try to keep my language clean/mild, just out of courtesy (*Cue George Carlin's 7 words skit* LOL) and the chance that somebody is playing with speakers and I just don't know. Believe me, I swear like a sailor off mic sometimes - usually out of frustration - and I've let it slip here and there through in-game comms. But I try to keep a lid on it. Again, out of courtesy, speakers, and the representation of maturity here at TG.

Also, on the subjects of chat and TS, I feel we should utilize the squad channels in TS more and keep chatter in the TS lobby to a minimum, while in game. There's been a few times where there's people in the TS lobby chatting away while in-game and it's been distracting to the point to where I can't hear in-game comms from my squad. Post-round is alright, in my opinion, but not while we're all in game. Of course, I'm just as guilty by not speaking up and asking to cut the chatter, or just moving to a squad channel. Something I'll try to be more diligent about, from now on. But I know alot of us tend to occupy the lobby, while in-game, and it does happen sometimes. I miss the way it used to be in BF3, where TS was setup to automatically move everybody to squad channels while in game, and then back to the lobby when the round is over. That way you wouldn't have to alt tab out and manually switch channels all the time.

My two cents....
                    |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by digitalcassette View Post
                      I find time to type when I'm dead. Which unfortunately is far too often.
                      ^This^

Drummer, when that happens, it is your right to say something, I have on many occasions. Chime in, "Comms in TS please." It is usually enough to get everyone to stop, even the chatty admin :P

I get the point of the F-bombs in game.. and yeah, most people are using headphones.. Honestly, if you are playing with speakers you are missing a lot of sounds that will help keep you alive and kill more(just sayin')... It really has nothing to do with whose kids are in the room. BUT, it has been a long time rule within TG about swearing in chat and in VOIP, TS included.

As we keep telling the guests, being a mature adult does not mean you are able to swear like a sailor in public. Being mature, you should be able to curb your language. I worked in construction for over a decade, worked with guys who are worse than sailors, I myself swear more than I would like to admit, and am constantly working on curbing the habit. So I dont want to come across as the language police. I am just asking that you all work on being better examples of what TG should represent.
                      theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                      E Pluribus Unum
                      Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I was on the server last night, and I'm not sure if its where I havent been on in a long time or what, but I felt like the random/unnecessary chat was happening a lot more than it used to last night. It seemed like every 2 minutes there was some non-sense happening.

And I think a favorite game of the pubbies in chat is "Test the Admins Patience" I just don't get people.
                        |TG6|Flarionice
                        Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Immature Chat

Originally posted by Flario View Post
                          I was on the server last night, and I'm not sure if its where I havent been on in a long time or what, but I felt like the random/unnecessary chat was happening a lot more than it used to last night. It seemed like every 2 minutes there was some non-sense happening.

And I think a favorite game of the pubbies in chat is "Test the Admins Patience" I just don't get people.
                          Yeah it was bad last night. We had people shooting out of uncaps. People using helicopters & jets as taxis. It was a rough night all around. And the insane trash talk and random pissing matches were bad. Thanks to Melee, and the other Admins for cleaning house a few times.
                          Last edited by digitalcassette; 05-04-2014, 11:55 AM.

Comment

wow yeah, it was a bit nuts last night. i HATE it when my chatbox is blowing up all the time. i wonder if being quicker to give a punishment kill could help us out. the idea being that someone gets killed and gets a message on screen and they are either going to take the hint, or lash out. lashing out gets them a kick. just kinda do it and get it out of the way.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X