Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow last night was terrible (in the beginning)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow last night was terrible (in the beginning)

The first map was ok, we lost but I'm not sure why. I came in late.

But if you look at the round times for the next 4 maps it was bad. We lost badly & fast. 300-500 point deficits. I am not sure if it shuffled the first 2 times but it did after the 3rd map and it wasn't a good shuffle. I honestly didn't see a whole lot of movement except the ONLY TG squad on my team was now on the other team. Not that I'm picking on TG members or squads but it was just a terrible setup for the teams. However on the 4th map change I got shuffled INTO a TG squad on my team. We still lost by 300 points but at least I felt like there was some teamwork and we had a good time fighting hard and working together. On Wavebreaker I had a good squad. I was made squad lead from the start and while we got our butts DESTROYED I think we got a few TG members in the last quarter of the map. That being said golmund was a very good map. I had squiggs, gator, and perpatrator. We fought really hard for A & B and it was definitely fun. If we'd had a little more action on the team side I think we could have done well. Guilin Peaks we seemed to run around like a herd of cats not doing much except absorbing enemy fire. When someone on my team said in team chat "what are we doing wrong?" I simply replied "look at the map, the whole team is taking 1 point at a time, we need to divide & conquer if we want to win" and I think his reply "then you take commander and get it done" to which my reply was "i'm a terrible commander" which is true, I don't have confidence in that role, the few times I've done it it's been to my team's detriment. It's very hard when your team won't spot and won't accept commands. It's just death death death. BUT!!!! I think I'm going to accept that as a challenge and work on it.

To make a long long long long story short. I pissed & moaned in vent after 4 terrible maps. Sorry for that. But to my own surprise I didn't quit, and I didn't give up. And I didn't switch teams. I kept trying to push my squad forward and eventually... we succeeded. We did VERY well for a few maps. I think you can tell the closeness of a map by the time spent on it. It's a somewhat vague metric but the longer the round time the closer the fight was typically.

Sorry for complaining, and thank you to those that tried to fix the teams and tried to help the problem. Thank you to those that stuck with me and let me lead you to your death more than once. Thank you to those that didn't scream at me when I revived you only to get you killed again. GGs in the end for sure :) I only ended up quitting when I did because it was 2 am and I was exhausted.

Re: Wow last night was terrible (in the beginning)

I remember playing in those rounds, they were meatgrinders that involved lots of dying.

And in the round where teams were "shuffled" I was in the one TG squad that got switched to the other team. (It was Nardini, Ferris, Dave, Dirtydog, and myself) The way we figured was that the teams were the same, but our squad switched out with someone else's on the other team, which didn't help the play any.

After that round the teams switched again though and the round was slightly (emphasis on slightly) closer.

Overall though, I can't complain. I had a lot of fun running in that squad, and we all enjoyed it.
    |TG6|Flarionice
    Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Last night was one of the best nights I've ever had on the server. The last 6 rounds I played with 4 non-TG, but regulars: bunnyonabender, Airburst_Penguin, Mrs_Esterhaus, and NetCodeMyAss. I had 4 MVP + ace squad rounds in that stretch because we were playing so well together.

Bunny ran recon with a PLD, Penguin ran support to keep us supplied and drove some armor, and the other 3 of us were engineers. We just held flags while bunny lased every vehicle in sight and we rained rockets down on them. It was insanely fun.

There weren't many close games so there were a few scrambles, but I don't think there's much else that can be done. Games are just going to be one sided sometimes. The key to winning this game isn't having a stacked team of great individual players, it's having good squads that work together. You can't predict that by looking at rank or K/D.

Comment

I rather enjoyed that round of Lancang Dam. Managed to get a bunch of non-TGers running VOIP.

EDIT - NVM. I must have played those maps when they cycled around again.
        sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Originally posted by abendchain View Post
          Last night was one of the best nights I've ever had on the server. The last 6 rounds I played with 4 non-TG, but regulars: bunnyonabender, Airburst_Penguin, Mrs_Esterhaus, and NetCodeMyAss. I had 4 MVP + ace squad rounds in that stretch because we were playing so well together.

Bunny ran recon with a PLD, Penguin ran support to keep us supplied and drove some armor, and the other 3 of us were engineers. We just held flags while bunny lased every vehicle in sight and we rained rockets down on them. It was insanely fun.

There weren't many close games so there were a few scrambles, but I don't think there's much else that can be done. Games are just going to be one sided sometimes. The key to winning this game isn't having a stacked team of great individual players, it's having good squads that work together. You can't predict that by looking at rank or K/D.
          Yah I always love squading with you and/or bunny. I give credit to the winning teams for sure. It was a butt whoopin for sure. I just hate that I couldn't get better squads earlier on. I tried working with a few unknowns early on but it was TOUGH to get the teamwork going. Eventually I ended up in a different squad (I didn't move myself I think it was a shuffle + people disconnecting)

Comment

I felt they were terrible rounds because of how stacked the teams were by the time I joined. Then again I felt most of my team was terrible. No focus on spreading out and taking other objectives. It literally felt like my squad was the only one trying and making an effort to hold one or two flags while everyone else was piled onto a single flag elsewhere.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
              I felt they were terrible rounds because of how stacked the teams were by the time I joined. Then again I felt most of my team was terrible. No focus on spreading out and taking other objectives. It literally felt like my squad was the only one trying and making an effort to hold one or two flags while everyone else was piled onto a single flag elsewhere.
              I think your rounds began around the time my team started winning. I know you were in the helicopter attacking us on one of the newer boaty type maps.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalcassette View Post
                I think your rounds began around the time my team started winning. I know you were in the helicopter attacking us on one of the newer boaty type maps.
                Yep! I thought the round was going well until I swiveled around and saw 3 fighters and horde of missiles chasing my tail. :p
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

There seems to be something missing as of late. I have not truly gamed with the community since China Rising, so it was my shock when I gamed on the server last night. It is one of my firm beliefs in this game that when you play with people there needs to be communication. Please understand that when I say communication, I mean communication with your squad members through the in-game system. There is nothing like the feeling of somebody asking you about who you and the community are. It makes me feel good when they start asking questions after the squads cohesiveness starts changing after somebody takes command since the others are not talking.

I got into the server for a while and lost connection before the majority of you got on, but it disturbed me quite a bit. Why don't we try to get people talking? It seems that there are more squads with the problem of not using mics now. Is this because of a low population of Tactical Gamers on the server?

Many of the people who are older members are not necessarily going to deem this a constructive type of comment. In regards to your comment, I found that with your comments on those rounds and how grueling the defeats were, I can say that they had a big relation to the lack of structure within the squads. It is very urksome to see moments where there is no sense of direction for the squads. The people were in disarray and were unable to take and hold any flags. Especially when we hit maps like Hiene Resort (the one with the hotel in the middle, 2 attack boats, and a crashed cargo boat) require at least one squad that is very skilled defensively and the others for taking flags...

I can only urge you, the members, to use the ingame microphone. Whether you realize this or have forgotten this, but this is the best way to introduce people to the style of gaming we enjoy. How are you going to teach them if they are on Team Speak? Are you going to shoot the wall enough times in order to show him the IP address of our Team Speak server? I suggest that you, the members start to stop playing with your friends for a time and seek out new players by starting squads for the purpose of nurturing players into cohessive squad members that are likely to return to TG and even become regular members (supporting members at that.)

So even if this is a tangent, it is something that was plaguing the server last night and was something that I see as an essential task that we, the community, needs to tackle before we become a dead community in Battlefield and a server full of "pubbies" and or "smurfs." One of us has something in our signature that reads something about "ensmartening the idiots" and another one reads about Tactical Gamer is like Christianity in that both are charged to show the masses a way to be. My point is, after being away, I saw moments where people were forced to shuffle the teams and force break ups just to get things to a better place. I don't think this is a good thing at all. We need to help get the new guys to be teamwork oriented.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I've had nothing but decent to good rounds lately. Keep up the good work guys.
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                      There seems to be something missing as of late. I have not truly gamed with the community since China Rising, so it was my shock when I gamed on the server last night. .
                      The above comment is non-nonsensical. You haven't been playing on the server but feel qualified to make a gross generalisations. You played last night apparently but lost connection before the majority of people got on. Based on this window of experience you believe X is happening and Y is not happening, for whatever reason.

I played yesterday for a great number of hours. From getting the server seeded with Officer Perkins, Dirtboy and others up till the server was full. I played in mixed squads with TG members and new players alike. All those squads used the ingame mic. I played in squads full of new people I hadn't seen before, they used the ingame voip, some communicated really, really well. It is was great to meet players who valued communication as much as we do.

To echo Namebot's comments. I have had nothing but good games the past month, won, lost whatever. I've met a lot of people who are totally new to the community, played games with people at TG that were only names on a forum before and had a really, really great time. Most weeks I am able to play every other day and usually get on to seed and am able to stay on late enough (UK time) to see the server fill up. I've been having a great time and seen people switching teams when they get out of whack (which happens because of many factors including the game's 'join' mechanics) because they care about balanced games and competitive matches. That's a good thing and a great indicator of a healthy community that is thinking of others and the general welfare of the server.

As such I would like to add my personal thanks to everyone for the GG's lately, for the care and effort people put into to making their community special. I'd also like to thank the recent new arrivals to TG who have integrated so well and helped make this place even better. Glad you found us. Let's keep up the good work, focus on the teamwork, communication and coordination and keep having fun.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X