Small Guilin Peaks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Guilin Peaks

The smaller size is far too crowded. An absurd number of times people just get killed on spawn because there's just bodies everywhere. It took probably my favorite map in BF4 right now and turned it into a meat grinder. Please put it back to normal size!
    TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Re: Small Guilin Peaks

Wondering the same thing myself the other night playing.....definitely better with the larger version, small version gives no room to make any good tactical squad movements, comes down to who has the better high ground
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I've got to disagree with you guys. The flag hopping on the larger version, plus the proximity of the flags, makes for what seems to be a much more crowded round on this map, in my opinion.

I've been enjoying the intense battles on the smaller version, both on the flags and in between the flags.

The admin team will definitely discuss regardless!
      |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

My problem with this map in general is that the UCBs are way too close to the flags... and at a lower altitude, which encourages firing into and out of them, or even close to them, by those who are either leaving the UCB, or those defending the flags that are literally overlooking those UCB areas on both sizes of the map. The larger version does move the US back out of line of sight.. the CN is being shot at on either version.

Other than that this map does develop into a lot of whack-a-mole.. and you all know how much I love whack-a-mole. It is better without the choppers, but even infantry only turns into the blueberry zerg going from one flag to the next, to the next, without any second thought of the flag that was just left.. Even when that flag starts flashing 3 seconds after the zerg left it undefended to that one guy who was left alive at the flag. That is the pubby mindset creating that zerg, maybe a bit of regulars helping that zerg mentality.

Otherwise I like the firefights that ensue all over the map, either size.
        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
        E Pluribus Unum
        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

The 64 map can be very "whack-a-mole" if there is no defence on flags.

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
            My problem with this map in general is that the UCBs are way too close to the flags... and at a lower altitude, which encourages firing into and out of them, or even close to them, by those who are either leaving the UCB, or those defending the flags that are literally overlooking those UCB areas on both sizes of the map. The larger version does move the US back out of line of sight.. the CN is being shot at on either version.

Other than that this map does develop into a lot of whack-a-mole.. and you all know how much I love whack-a-mole. It is better without the choppers, but even infantry only turns into the blueberry zerg going from one flag to the next, to the next, without any second thought of the flag that was just left.. Even when that flag starts flashing 3 seconds after the zerg left it undefended to that one guy who was left alive at the flag. That is the pubby mindset creating that zerg, maybe a bit of regulars helping that zerg mentality.

Otherwise I like the firefights that ensue all over the map, either size.
            Came here to say almost this exactly.

I agree 100%.

Comment

It turns into Wack A Mole because nobody is defending the important flags. The map itself doesn't have all flags created equal. D is the center hub. C is a nightmare to hold. Playing the map well requires some level of teamwork on the part of the team - a balance of offense and defense, picking and holding the important flags. That that isn't happening just means we need better teamwork, not turning one of the few multi-avenue infantry maps into a meatgrinder.
              TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The large version of this map has been put back into the rotation. Thanks to Mantis, helicopters have been removed from the map to keep the round focused on the capture and defense of flags. Let's see if we can get away from that whack-a-mole style that we often see on this map, and as a group, focus on utilizing our teamwork and comms to set up and defend some flags!
                |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

The helos were most definitely there when I played last night (May 10).

Comment

The way the map variables are handled, if the map list is played out of order then some specifics to it(no vehicles) may not be present for that round.
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X