Shuffling the map rotation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuffling the map rotation

Is there any way we could shuffle the map rotation around every few weeks?

Because the server is never full 24/7 and people usually start seeding it around the same time every day, the same maps are played at the same time every day, give or take an hour.

For example, because of the times I play, I practically never get to play Zavod, Mortar, Caspian (the maps at each end of the rotation).

I imagine I'm not the only one in that boat either.

Thoughts?

Re: Shuffling the map rotation

I agree , some maps I never get to play. But would like to keep the starting maps small for seeding.

Comment

We'll see about changing up the list. Insure we can work something out to keep you all happy😜
      sigpic

Comment

After seeding the server the last couple of days, I was just thinking the same thing.
        |TG|Melee
        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

List shuffled
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Thanks

Comment

thanks guys :) I agree I play the same few maps every night, would be good to not see firestorm for once lol

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                List shuffled
                Do you sleep?

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Why not do a even equally distributed rotation? So if you guys have the list of maps you'd run, then just run them all every hour (or whatever timeframe is needed to run through a full cycle of the list). That way most of us should be able to experience every map most nights. Assuming we stay on for a full hour or more.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Photometric View Post
                    Do you sleep?
                    Wicks cloned Mantis. One is available at all times for all of your TG BF4 needs!

Thanks for the shuffle...
                    |TG-6th|FYAH29
                    "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                      Why not do a even equally distributed rotation? So if you guys have the list of maps you'd run, then just run them all every hour (or whatever timeframe is needed to run through a full cycle of the list). That way most of us should be able to experience every map most nights. Assuming we stay on for a full hour or more.
                      I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting, but it takes way way longer than one hour to run through all the maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                        I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting, but it takes way way longer than one hour to run through all the maps.
                        (or whatever timeframe is needed to run through a full cycle of the maps)

So if for example it takes 30 mins to run each map and say the whole list take 5 hours, then every 5 hours it would run through all the maps on the server. If this ends up being something like 12+ hours to run through it all, then maybe do some random ordering of the maps every day?
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Nice change of pace. Honestly, I was started to get burned out on the rotation. I'm hip to the idea of changing up the rotation every so often to keep it fresh.

Another thought, on the subject of map rotation: What about throwing in some different modes for seeding and end of the night - times when there's low numbers? Like some Domination on one of the Naval Strike maps. I don't remember which map it is, but I was told that one of them in Domination mode is restricted to the carrier and it's pretty cool. Maybe even some squad deathmatch or team deathmatch. That'd be kinda fun.

Maybe even some sort of dynamic thing that kicks in when population numbers drop below a certain point and changes the map to something small and better suited, if there's no admin around to manually change the map for us. Just so we're not stuck on Silk Road or something with 7 flags and 9 people. I don't know if that's possible to do, or how well it would work, but just a thought.
                          |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                            (or whatever timeframe is needed to run through a full cycle of the maps)

So if for example it takes 30 mins to run each map and say the whole list take 5 hours, then every 5 hours it would run through all the maps on the server. If this ends up being something like 12+ hours to run through it all, then maybe do some random ordering of the maps every day?
                            The maps dont cycle while there is less than 4 people on the server, because thats the minimum number of people to start a game with. It stays on the first map in the rotation. People usually start getting on at the same time every day, so the rotation starts then.

Comment

Don't forget guys whenever you see me on during seeding times etc you can simply ask for map changes or modes if you want to try something. I'm always happy to throw some rush, squad death match or whatever on to warm things up or provide a good environment for the player numbers at the time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X