IHS Scrims & TG Vegas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IHS Scrims & TG Vegas

Howdy all! I am here today to talk to you guys about an exciting series of events that the 18th is kicking off next week. Small unit tactics, fast paced action, nail biting drama, heart racing over the top non stop action packed awesomeness! I am of course talking about IHS Scrims! But this isn't your Grandpas Scrim...oh no! This is something new and exciting!! Let me break it down for you:

The 18th is fighting a match on the 7th against another IHS. A small 5-6 man per side engagement over the course of a few rounds (Best of style). The winner becomes the king of the hill, and it is your job to get your IHS or a player team of equal size together and challenge them. Same type of format, best of with 5-6 man teams. Winner stays, losers shuffle to the back of the rotation. Call outs (aka challenges) are a first come first served basis and must be made public in the specified thread to be posted before the first official match. All agreed upon dates must be made public at the very least one week in advance. You will see why below.

But Dredge, you say, that doesn't sound new and exciting. To that I say SHHH. I'm not done yet!

Something different is being added to make these games tie in with the forums and in a sense make it 2 games in one. That addition is the TG Vegas Bookies. That's right sports fans, we will have betting on the matches. Now, obviously we can't use real monies because that, I have been told by my lawyers, is illegal and Apo would probably have me banned from the internet. What we WILL be using is.....Internet Cookies! (I can hear your eyes rolling, just stick with me) The amount of cookies one has to bet is directly tied to your overall BF4 kills divided by 5. I/E I have 16,542 kills divided by 5 leaves me with 3308 to bet with. The reason for dividing by 5 is to have a little bit more manageable numbers to work with. There will be odds based on team stats, as well as over/unders calculated by our Bookies. This is why we need a little bit of a heads up on upcoming games so our Bookies can get all of the info calculated and updated for correct payouts.

This little competition will go on for as long as there is support for it, but not to exceed 3 months. I think we have enough players to field quite a few teams so there should be plenty of fighting. The team that is king of the hill upon the end of the competition is the winner, and will win a prize! The person that has earned the most cookies in betting will also win a prize.

We are working with ESPN 8 "The Ocho" to help us televise the events for betters/players that want to watch the action. Link(s) will be provided.

The Rules:

You can not bet on a game you are playing in.

You may not add more cookies by getting kills after the event has started. All internet cookie totals must be posted prior to the event starting. Late comers will be addressed as needed by the Bookie staff.

Loaning internet cookies is not allowed.

If a team drops out of an agreed upon match no payouts will be awarded (refunds will be issued) and it will count as a loss. If it was the king of the hill that dropped, the challenger becomes the new king.

Betting closes 1 hour before the event start and payouts will be posted after they are calculated. Please allow 24 hours.

You do not have to be in an IHS to play. If you can get a team together to compete you are eligible.

Players may NOT be a part of more than one team.

Players ARE allowed to bet, please refer to rule #1 before placing bets.

In the event that a player wins the scrims AND the cookie betting, the prize will be given to the betting runner up. No double prizes.

If you have any questions please post them here. If you are good with numbers and spread sheets and would like to be a bookie please let me know. We could always use a couple extra people to help.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: IHS Scrims & TG Vegas

Nice, just in time for summer.

Comment

Hmm I'll see if I can drag some 6th guys out of the local bar long enough to partake!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
        You can not bet on a game you are playing in.
        Dang, I was gonna bet on the other team! XD

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
        Loaning internet cookies is not allowed.
        C'mon man! I gotta system, it'll work, I just need like 10,000 cookies and I'll pay you back...I swear!
        Last edited by ScratchnSniff0; 05-28-2014, 10:15 AM. Reason: Butterfly in the sky. I can go twice as high. Take a look, it's in a book. It's reading rainbow

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
        [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
        [support]

Comment

I'm down to be a free agent.
          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Great stuff [MENTION=36547]Dredge[/MENTION]! If there's a team that needs extra players I'm available. Eurotime permiting.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd be up for this if I could find a team to join.

I would call upon other Irregulars but they are hard to find nowadays.
              |TG6|Flarionice
              Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Flario :) We've got a few of us here, Kevin, Bob, Myself, Beseige all have played regularly over the last few weeks

Comment

not sure we have enough 1stMIP guys playing BF4 but I would be interested

Comment

I'm ready for a re apparance. I'll be looking for you Drunk.
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I'm here...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

if i dont have work conflicting with the schedule i'll fight with whomever is stupid...errr...i mean awesome enough to have me.

Comment

Im down as a free agent as well~
                          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Dibs on Dirtboy and Cougar.

Comment

Oh look. Ferris posted....I do think having a TG Vegas type image would be splendid......

Alright chaps, the match on the 7th is going on as a full dress rehearsal for the matches to follow. We will be finalizing the formal rules and maps etc. I also would like to take that opportunity to test out the betting system as well. All cookies earned during the test will be allowed to carry over for full scrim runs. Here is your chance to help finalize the game, and earn a few extra cookies to bet with. As I mentioned earlier there WILL be prizes so participation will have its rewards

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X