Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Battlepacks Now Buyable

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/05...e-battlepacks/

I suppose it was only a matter of time; although the price seems steep to me considering how much of a battlepack is of limited use in game.
    I have so many unused xp boosts I wish I could sell a few back.

Re: Battlepacks Now Buyable

Ugh. *facepalm*. I've racked up so many boosts that I don't even know what to do with and also wish I could sell a few back. I've gotten so far in rank that I don't even care about them anymore. Not to mention, how random and sometimes useless the battlepacks can be, it's a crap shoot. At least with the shortcut packs, you knew what you were getting - not that I was a fan of those either. (I preferred to grind for the unlocks). But this.....this like those dreaded bouncy ball quarter machines in the supermarket.
    |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

I despair for humanity if people buy these.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
        I despair for humanity if people buy these.....
        Be prepared to despair, folks will buy the crap out of these and think they are getting ahead.

Comment

What are these advanced items, standard items and why would I want them?

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
          ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
            What are these advanced items, standard items and why would I want them?

I guess you could say they are standard.. Silencers, Scopes/Sights and grips for weapons .. many of which can only be gotten from battlepacks. You will also get camos and paints for soldiers, weapons and vehicles. and TONS of XP boosts, at max level I have over 100 unused boosts in my profile. In the pack I got for reaching level 120(max level) I got 3 boosts.. seriously?

Most the ones I have received are for weapons I dont use, I know many people will use each weapon to get those assignments done. I use the weapons I like to use, and that is it. For the most part, you get battlepacks for playing the game.. you get them for each weapon at "#ofkill" intervals, for each rank, and each month for premium(which are the biggest joke)

Why would anyone want to buy them? That is a very good question .. maybe too much money in their cookie jar, I wont buy them.
            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
            E Pluribus Unum
            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Three bucks a pack? Wow.
              sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

At least we know it's not pay to win lol, I haven't got anything useful in a battle pack since the first month the game was out

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                  At least we know it's not pay to win lol, I haven't got anything useful in a battle pack since the first month the game was out
                  Indeed ! I forgot all about them for the longest time and had like 40 or so just sitting there, and I think I used like 2 XP boosts ever.

Comment

Hmm I wonder if we can buy unlock battlepacks for our weapons...
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I wish there was a setting in options to just queue up the xp boosts based on %. Set it and forget it.

Comment

So, as a former BF player and avid fan is EA's thought process to commodity 'XP grinding' for their regular games in the same way MMOs do so?

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                          So, as a former BF player and avid fan is EA's thought process to commodity 'XP grinding' for their regular games in the same way MMOs do so?
                          Seems like its been going that route, in bf3 most of the 'unlock packs' came after a sizable delay http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/kit-shortcuts. So far they've targeted new players and not the existing player base... I can see EA embedding more micro transaction "shortcuts" in future battlefields.

Comment

It is not just EA that is moving toward micro-transactions, but they sure do push their studios to make them shiny, desirable, profitable and useless, all at once.

They already have the shortcuts for BF4 by the way, in case you feel you need them.

If I could sell the pile of XP boosts I have piled up, and still getting, I would.
                            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                            E Pluribus Unum
                            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I wish I could just trade in my XP boosts for weapon attachment unlocks. I've got a ton (maybe 100) 25% boosts that I haven't even used yet. :(
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X