Battlefield Hardline (7 min video)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Hardline (7 min video)

All the info you need to look at the game.

Seems done to me.... Alpha?
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/28/575...rdline-trailer
    Please Be Warned...
    If you see me... Im never alone....
    My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Re: Battlefield Hardline (7 min video)

I may skip this one.

Comment

I like the roadkill animation, wasn't expecting that. What a different take on a battlefield theme, familiar yet completely removed from the military. I think it looks like a winner already from this early footage, I will definitely give it a shot.

Comment

lol, looked like there was a brief clip of an epic gunfight in a "Grow room" looks really cool, but man i just gave EA a ton of money for BF4+premium. we'll have to see....

Comment

Well... I just preordered.... sadly enough. I may end up working for EA or DICE by 2017
          Please Be Warned...

Comment

Originally posted by E_Leader View Post
            Well... I just preordered.... sadly enough. I may end up working for EA or DICE by 2017
            lol, why preorder already?

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
              lol, why preorder already?
              I had the money :/ Plus in gamestop. "First Response" is an first 40 people exclusive they are having and I am curious just to see what it is.... Why not? If the game is a total bust, doesn't bother me.
              Please Be Warned...

Comment

I'm a bit on the fence about this one, honestly. Kudos for trying to break out of the box and do something different, but it's just......odd, to me and it's been done before. Others have thrown the PayDay reference towards it and such, and yea, this kinda looks like PayDay, SWAT, Counter Strike and GTA had a love child. I'd like to give it a fair shake before I write it off. But it didn't really blow me away when I watched the the video. Jeepo said in the other thread about this game, that (paraphrasing) a game like this could be cool if it was a Tom Clancy type shooter, where tight teamwork wins out. And I do love me some Rainbow Six and wonder if that kind of vibe can be achieved with this - more so on the SWAT/police side of this game. However, we're talking about EA. They're not Red Storm/Ubisoft. I guess I'll see how it plays out.

Anyway, my two cents. But first impression was kind of "meh".
                |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

I see this as stepping up to the CoD release plan. Each game has a series of bugs intentionally left unfixed so players say "they will fix this in the next one" then they start hyping the next one early on the premise of "we fixed this stuff, come spend 80 more dollars on it". I am a little sad

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

My problem with this is the size... BF series is famous for it's large size battles, 64 players... along with infantry, armor, vehicle, planes etc etc... for this to be anything close to real life, which I know the BF series is not close at all, but just saying... most police actions are 6 to 8 man team against 1 to 4 bad guys... the scope is all wrong for EA to be doing this, Battlefield is a war shooter and should stay that. Now would I love for EA or anyone to make a similar game to SWAT 3 and 4, hell yes... but it's not the right size for a battlefield game. IMO

Cops almost always win because we don't fight fair... IRL 2 bad guys held up with hostages or whatever will have 8 to 16 SWAT members on them and another 20 cops on crowd control and perimeter... it just don't make sense to me.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

EeYyeaa... didnt spark my attention much. A much better idea would be 2143 or even the battlefield on an entirely new planet, OR battlefield 250,000,000 B.C. we could all fight with primitive weapons while avoiding hazardous Dino's, earthquakes, valcano's and a misundrstood alien race sent to earth to engineer the extinction of the dino's to make way for the the human race which is done through inbreeding with the aliens ! My point is Hardline seems lazy and made for console.

Comment

All I can say is: meh.

I was rather hoping for a more engaging shooter experience that requires some thinking and other gameplay, not just "hey shoot, shoot, kill, kill". This looks too much like PayDay/PayDay 2. So I might just stick with PayDay instead.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                          Battlefield is a war shooter and should stay that.
                          Exactly. My sentiments as well. Battlefield just isn't Battlefield to me without the war/military aspect, the large scale battles and everything else that has been the core of it for the whole duration of the franchise so far. I read a comment somewhere on an article about Hardline where somebody said "This is like turning CoD into a firefighter game". A bit of a stretch, but I see the point. It's a little too outside of the box to call it Battlefield.
                          |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Cant't say that it looks terribly interesting to me. Not that it looks like a bad game, it's just not Battlefield.

I'm all for 2143. But why would EA do that? That's what people would actually want.
                            |TG6|Flarionice
                            Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that meeting

"Alright guys, BF4 still has bugs that need to be fixed and a player base that is upset with some of the things we have done. How do we fix this?"

"I got it...stay with me here....cops and robbers....boom!"

"Love it, get it out before Christmas."

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X