TG BF Internal Scrim Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG BF Internal Scrim Discussion Thread

This thread is provided for all discussion relating to the upcoming TG BF4 Internal Scim taking place on Saturday 19th July 2014.

Re: TG BF Internal Scrim Discussion Thread

Can we vote on the maps? Should be fairly straightforward.

Comment

What settings will we be using? Hardcore? Custom?

Comment

1. With the server set to unranked, does that mean we have all weapons, but no attachments?
        2. What TS accomodations (if any) have been made for CO<->SL<->SL comms?
        3. Will there be some temporary, private forums for the two teams to discuss strategies?
        BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Good questions all, thank you.

I'll try and address them in order. Before I do I'd like to add something first that is relevant to the questions and resulting answers. We fully intend for this scrim to be the first of many, regular organised games. With that said I hope everyone will appreciate that the set up will be a test for the future to see what suits everyone best, promotes the best gameplay and ensures that we all have fun.

Ok, moving on.

[MENTION=3929]Kilrogg[/MENTION] - At present we haven't decided on the maps, it's being looked at. Now obviously the path of least resistance is for the Admin Team to get together, look at all the maps and try and select 2 maps that we think will provide balance and good games. However if the overwhelming desire of the Community is to be able to vote on the maps that is something we can arrange fairly quickly, so people should speak up. Failing that we can incorporate that into the setup of the second scrim.

[MENTION=4712]DrunkenSoul[/MENTION] - For simplicity's sake we will, for this event at least be using our current Hardcore settings. That doesn't mean we can't look at different settings for the next event, we don't want to rule anything out, however for now we don't want to confuse the issue.

[MENTION=38260]Indiscriminate[/MENTION] - 1. We haven't tested unranked in some time and server updates have a habit of changing how things work with little notice or clarification. As such I cannot for certain say how unranked will affect things and I will be testing that tonight with a little luck (so I will update here when I'm done). What I can say is that previously Unranked/Unlocked basically gave you access to all the weapons and gadgets and only the scopes and attachments you have actually unlocked in game. Now for some of you that have put a lot of hours in this may mean there is little difference between fully unlocked and this state as I expect many of you have unlocked a lot of stuff through battlepacks. Once I know more I will update.

2. As regards comms. I think one thing we can look at is the use of a leadership channel for each team that the SL's can sit in with the CO (if we have willing CO's). Ingame voip has improved a lot and I have found it to work now therefore there is the hope this will be sufficient for SL-SM comms. For those still having issues there are a couple of settings tweaks you can enable which can be outlined in another thread shortly. At first glance that solution would appear to give us flexible communications that benefit teamwork. I would also suggest that it is perfectly fine at least from my perspective 'rules/administration' wise if people want to invest a few minutes setting up whisper lists. We don't want to tie people's hands here. Perhaps a discussion in this thread is appropriate to see how people want to work this?

3. We aim to finalise the rosters and respective teams just before the 'one week out' mark. I don't think at this time that any sooner is feasible. At that point we will create forums for each team and assign moderator privileges for the respective CO's.

Hope that answers the questions thus far. Please keep the discussion going as this will inform not only this scrim but future events going forward.

Thanks again.

Comment

In-game comms have indeed improved, though they're still not as good as TS. However, unlike before, they're actually usable.
            I'd still prefer to have Channel Commander enabled on the TS server (a topic I haven't heard a reply on since I last msged you).

Comment

Channel Commander functionality already exists within TS3. I found that out, rather embarassingly lol, after some digging. Whisper functionality has always existed within TG's TS3 but we both knew that. Essentially it is there if anyone wants to use it and CC appears to be intrinsically linked to whisper list functionality. I think there was some confusion between us as it's already present and working, at least whisper does, because I've used it multiple times in the past. Hence I was unsure if you were referring to something different.

Our original discussion was, iirc, about using CC as the default comms method for TG BF4. Now as much as I would love for every person that visits our BF4 server to be on TS at present that isn't a reality. As such we have hoped for both the improvement of ingame comms and existing TG members to push people to the TG forums and our teamspeak. That kind of progress is generally slow and ever ongoing and as a result it wasn't practical or desirable to ringfence communications in such a way as we attempt to build our playerbase and extend our community. I understand this was contrary to your preference however unfortunately those types of concerns are often secondary to the wider goals of growing the playerbase first. Advanced and exclusive comms are a nice end game in one way, however it will exclude newcomers initially. The way to combat that as a playerbase is to promote TG in general and drive people to the forums as I have mentioned. We then have a far greater proportion of our server on TS and things like CC become more desirable.

Anyway here is a video on how to set up Channel Commander.

For the scrim there is a requirement for everyone to be on our TS for rollcall and hopefully this will be a further step in driving people to our TS and making such things possible. Hope that answers your query.

Comment

*Everything* you said makes perfect sense.
                I believe there has been a misunderstanding about the misunderstanding. :)

I've always known CC was a part of TS.
                And I've known how it works - that you can set up whispers to those in the group.
                It may have *seemed* to you that our original discussion was about using CC as the default comms. While that *would* be great, and I did *mention* it, I, like you, recognize the challenges inherent in that task, and that wasn't the nature of the discussion as I saw it.

Rather, this is the specific issue I was meaning to explore with you:
                The last time I attempted it, I could *NOT* set myself as a channel commander on our teamspeak server. My assumption was that it was a server setting disabling it, or at least, limiting it to certain permission groups (of which I was not a member). *YOU* may be able to "turn on CC," but I could not at last attempt.
                So, specifically, I was asking you if you could arrange for CC to be "allowed" on the TG server.

With that change, it would be a simple matter to have COs and SLs set up a whisper-bind and "turn on CC."

Comment

My only question is, what is this about anyway? I've read all the stuff about it, but I can't figure it out. We had a password night a few months back and that was great. This just seems like the same thing with an excessive amount of planning a month in advance for just 4 rounds. I think I'm missing something.

Comment

I think we should use in game of squad comms and TS for SL/Commander. There have been plenty of times where some SLs have disconnected during middle of a scrim and it screws up whisper channels. They less complicated it is the easier it will be.

Comment

Why do we have to limit the IHS members? I know people want it to be balanced and all, but why bother have IHS's if we can never play together? What happened to the 5v5 IHS squad matches we were going to have and the whole cookie betting thing?

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
                      [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
                      [support]

Comment

Scratch the explanation for limiting squads to 2 same IHS players is given above. Its to include as many people in good teamwork as possible and build some bonds.

Unsure how you are never allowed to play with your IHS mates, this is the first event I am aware of with a restriction and you can play together every day.

The restriction isn't in place for balance purposes per se its more so that teamwork an communication is spread across teams and new players signing up aren't left out in the cold. There will be more scrims and events to come and some will definitely have an IHS theme.

As regards the 5v5 Vegas thing I refer you to your IHS mate Dredge who is organising it.

Hope this answers your questions.
                        Last edited by Wicks; 07-08-2014, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by abendchain View Post
                          My only question is, what is this about anyway? I've read all the stuff about it, but I can't figure it out. We had a password night a few months back and that was great. This just seems like the same thing with an excessive amount of planning a month in advance for just 4 rounds. I think I'm missing something.
                          kinda late of a response [MENTION=79600]abendchain[/MENTION], but I believe the difference is although password night have high levels of teamwork, these scrimmages are just fantastic. (I have never been in one, but have heard raving things about others). Also, I think i'm correct to say, squads are picked before the match? is that right [MENTION=17094]Wicks[/MENTION]?
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Scrims are different to pw nights, due to the very planning and organisation you mention Abendchain. The general idea is that teams and then squads are organised in advance so that a greater degree of planning and forethought can be devoted to the games. This can turn the matches from a largely reactive nature to one that is more proactive and this traditionally gives them a bit more strategic flavour, you tend to get far more cohesive team strategy. Instead of just individuals in a squad working well together you get squads working together, often with much better inter squad communication.

Hopefully the numbers will allow us to do that.

Comment

Yeah, that makes sense. I just think maybe all this planning could go toward something bigger. Have scrims like this on a regular basis with squads that stay together, maybe let squads trade people if they want. Have the teams made up of different squads each time to try to maintain balance. Maybe keep track of how squads do with wins/losses and have a winner that gets something cool like half price supporting membership or something.

If every scrim is more than a month long planning stage for 4 rounds of play with nothing else, I just don't see the point. I'll go sign up because I'll probably be around and want to play at that time next weekend anyway though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X