Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in Ultra-Realistic squad play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in Ultra-Realistic squad play?

TG is my favorite server by far, but I wish people would take the realism a bit farther.

I think adhering to a few more rules would make squad play more fun.

1. Always spawn at UCB. Yes this means you might have to wait or hoof it.
    2. No chutes. Soldiers don't jump off second story buildings with chutes nor to they base jump out of choppers. Choppers need to close enough to bail without a chute.
    3. Be safe, don't roll without a de-phib medic or tank without a wrench.

I think the above would put a much bigger focus on staying alive and staying together. I personally hate players just spawning in everywhere, leaving no flank safe, not even your six.

I am down if anyone wants to squad up like this, or if you had any more rules that might make it more simulated.

Re: Anyone interested in Ultra-Realistic squad play?

You would have loved the TG mod and PR mods for BF2

Comment

Sounds like you might like playing on the TG ARMA III server. Different games totally to be sure but if realism is what you seek we have it there aplenty.

I like your ideas and TG has implemented something like them in the past (see Project Reality ala 2007-2010 or so) but the nature of our server and this game really is that players come and go including the random player just looking for populated servers. I think you'd find many TGer's who'd be willing to experiment with your suggestions, maintaining it uniformly over an extended period of time would be IMHO an insurmountable challenge. It could be done as a special event with sign ups and if you are so inclined find the "Contact an Admin" thread for BF 4 and post up your idea and see where it goes with the admin staff.

Anyways...Maybe we'll see you in ARMAIII soon?
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yeah I am not suggesting it would be a server wide thing, just rules for a single squad to run with. There are other realism tweaks I would prefer, but they would disadvantage the squad too much if other squads are not participating.

1 Ticket rounds are also fun.

I will look into ARMAIII

Comment

You know, if you are looking for this in your squads, if you SL you have every right to ask for specific kits and give specific instructions for how you want your squad to work.

I think the parachutes on helo's can be substituted for fast ropes in those scenarios.

IF you want to go realistic, ban repairing a helo while in flight....that's one area of realism that is overlooked.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

If im on, ill join you for sure, would love to try some of this
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

The problem with doing this at a single squad level and not server-wide is that you will be at a huge disadvantage vs the enemy, and it's going to be pretty discouraging.

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                Sounds like you might like playing on the TG ARMA III server. Different games totally to be sure but if realism is what you seek we have it there aplenty.
                I second ARMA III. If you are looking for a more realistic experience in a shooter, ARMA III is probably your best bet.

I'm pretty sure most players would not attempt repairing a helo in ARMA, so no worries there of indestructible choppers. :)
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                  The problem with doing this at a single squad level and not server-wide is that you will be at a huge disadvantage vs the enemy, and it's going to be pretty discouraging.
                  This. You'll get destroyed.

I'm not saying I disagree with your ideas - I like number two a lot - but it would be incredibly difficult to implement them.
                  sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

I this kind of what you are looking for?

doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                      I this kind of what you are looking for?

Come on man, my heart can't take this....:(

Comment

Are we running a current PR server these days? I see they are on version 1.2 now. I'd be down for this.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                          Are we running a current PR server these days? I see they are on version 1.2 now. I'd be down for this.
                          Nothing at TG I am afraid, but sometimes the guys get together on TS and bomb a server. Good games are had, I just don't get on nearly enough.

Comment

I been playing PR for a week or so and I haven't seen any TG on. :( But as far as battlefield 4 Ultra-Realistic squad go'es, You would most likely have a better time if you where doing a mechanized armor squad. Or at least running around with a APC so you can have mobile cover, and a way of escape if you are surrounded.
                            "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

When I want ultra realism in BF4 I turn the HUD off completely. Awesome way to role with fantastic improvement in visuals and immersion.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X