Ideas to Improve Hardcore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas to Improve Hardcore

Hey guys, just some random thoughts I had on how hardcore could be improved upon by Dice. Thoughts welcome.

• Spawns happen in waves. I don't mean the pseudo counterstrike game mode. I mean respawns are held for 30 or X seconds or so and happen at once per team. Imagine Metro while trying to cap a flag.You encourage more team play as soldiers show up in waves to assault instead of a slow constant meat grinder.

• Squad leaders can voice com to other squad leaders. On the TG server, which is a lot more cooperative play than any other I've played on, squads will often swarm together. It would allow for better coordination if as a squad leader, I can tell another squad leader that my team will hold Delta and they should go to Echo or Foxtrot. They can call us for backup if they need it and I can send 2 of my guys with them to help out. Of course you can say this in chat but Voice is so much better.

• Pilots/Drivers cannot bail unless vehicle health is below XY%. Will prevent use of vehicle taxis. Some exception would be made for motorcycles, jeeps, and whatever sea vessels that aren't an attack boat. On a real battlefield, soldiers do not abandon their vehicles except in dire emergencies.

• No chutes except if you're bailing from an aircraft.

• Spotters for snipers. It would be an interesting game play mechanic if just like the TLD for rockets, you can "lock on" as a spotter for a sniper. The sniper will then not have to dial in distance and can shoot within a certain radius and the game will accept that as a kill shot. You get a lot of points as a spotter.

Re: Ideas to Improve Hardcore

I like your ideas Pen ,Really like the SL to SL comm idea
    sigpic

Comment

Some type of spotter mechanic would be interesting. Turn it back into what the role was intended for, instead of what we see today in-game.

Vehicle bail % would force players to value the vehicles and their lives more. Or they could have a specific kit for drivers/gunners, that when you do bail out, all you have is a basic pdw and repair torch. Give you more reason to keep your vehicle alive and in one piece.

Chutes is a given. Never understood how they work from like 5ft...

Nice points, nice first post! Welcome to the forums!
      |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

I like the no-chute thing. It would really make the destruction of buildings interesting.

The people who try to eject from a jet just to kill a person would find these ideas a fun departure... I guess the whole "ramming" thing would go away unless they just had to do it...

Maybe hardcore mode should include damage to health when hopping off of speeding vehicles, as other games have done this.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Definitely some good ideas. The SL to SL comms can be achieved via Teamspeak. I know we have a bunch of sub-channels within our Battlefield 4 channel, for individual squads and such. The challenge is that not every single SL is not on our Teamspeak, or TS in general. However, even if we had a few SL's in TS to do this, it could really make for some interesting coordination. Each team can have it's SL's in one TS channel....one channel for each team.

The spotter idea is cool, but I'd rather see it done in truer fashion - ranging targets for your shooter. Essentially the PLD is a spotter scope, but with laser designation abilities. Why they assigned it to the recon kit, when the recon already has SOFLAM, is beyond me. Believe me, it's handy and not as obvious as a stationary SOFLAM with a bright red light that you can see across the map. (I never understood the point of that). And the PLD is easier, since you don't have to pick it up and move it all the time. But I think the PLD should've been assigned to a rifleman class and perhaps given a regular spotter scope to the recon class so that snipers can operate in two man teams - like in real life. Shooter and spotter. Shoot, they could've given us binoculars for all classes. Those would be super handy. But nope. No binos, and no spotter scopes. Instead, they gave the recon class a PLD, SOFLAM, and range finder attachments for long rifles, so we can have one-man lone wolf super snipers. Teamwork out the window. I suppose you can still do the sniper/spotter team concept with two recons. One of them as the shooter with a long rifle, and the other with the PLD for spotting and range, armed with a carbine.

I also wish the PLD had more capabilities - lazing more than vehicles. Need some ordinance dropped on a building? Laze the building and call the jets in for an airstrike.

The vehicle thing......I was just talking to somebody not too long ago about the specific kit to operate vehicles concept, that CorpDuty mentioned. It was like that in PR. If you wanted to drive a vehicle, you had to request a vehicle/driver kit. And it gave you a sidearm and a PDW. Same with the aircraft - you needed a pilot kit to fly. If you tried to operate vehicles without the kits, it would kill you. And there were a limited number of kits available at one time, so everybody and their uncle wasn't running around in a vehicle and wasting assets.
          |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

SL to Commmander channel (we had this in BF2!!) and the addition of SL to SL channel would be super.

Comment

It is weird how PR is being brought into the picture again.

I think at this point, a new PR is what we want more than a new Battlefield.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

POE3 is what we need but those days are over. It is nice to dream though.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                  It is weird how PR is being brought into the picture again.

I think at this point, a new PR is what we want more than a new Battlefield.
                  The current version is so good I couldn't even comprehend a "new" one
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

We have forums for PR let's discuss BF4 here.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X