Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 "Classic" Mode coming to CTE

Classic mode coming to Battlefield 4 (CTE) : battlefield_4

Looks like they game is moving in the right direction. Whatever happened to the custom settings we ran initially on the server? Maybe with the new mode we can tweak the settings to make it more TG without being a custom server.

Re: BF2 "Classic" Mode coming to CTE

The custom settings were great, took a lot of work and contributions from everyone to get to the definite sweetspot we arrived at. Sadly it pushed the server into the custom bracket as you have mentioned which made us damn near invisible, hence we took the decision to try hardcore which has led to a full server most nights. I would love for 'Classic' to enable us to deliver those settings in a visible environment that attracted people to the community but I am not holding my breath. Traditionally there has been little flexibility available to server admins under official modes because of DICE/EA desire to provide a consistent experience and uniformity, we've been fighting those constraints from day one. Ironically the constraints and restrictions themselves have been inconsistent and changed from server update to update. That too has made it hard. We can but hope though to be honest on a personal level I have adapted quite nicely to Hardcore now and really enjoy it.

Comment

Hardcore seems more "TG" than Classic, esp. considering hit markers are on in Classic. In any case, who's to say switching to Classic won't make our server as obscure as Custom did?

Comment

Let us hope

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

The CTE patch just went live, and here are the 'classic' mode settings.

CLASSIC PRESET
          Goal: Add a preset that simulates the glory of old battlefield titles!

Classic Preset testable
          In this patch we have classic preset testable – and there will be servers running this mode.
          Classic preset settings
          Same as hardcore means the same ranges that is currently allowed on hardcore for this variable applies.

friendlyFire, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 0
          idleTimeout, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 300
          autoBalance, true
          teamKillCountForKick, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 5
          teamKillKickForBan, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 3
          vehicleSpawnAllowed, PC: same as hardcore, Console: true
          regenerateHealth, false
          onlySquadLeaderSpawn, true
          minimap, true
          hud, true
          miniMapSpotting, true
          3dSpotting, false
          killCam, false
          3pCam, false
          nameTag, false
          hitIndicatorsEnabled, true
          playerRespawnTime, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 100
          soldierHealth, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 100
          bulletDamage, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 100
          forceReloadWholeMags, true
          roundStartPlayerCount, 4
          commander, PC: same as hardcore, Console: true
          gameModeCounter, PC: same as hardcore, Console: 100

Comment

Should I Faint Now? Or wait?

There are also a lot of changes to the icon clutter.

Comment

The de-cluttering attempt has been amazing so far. I've been playing with all the settings, quite a bit.

Comment

So am I missing something else, or is the only difference between Classic and HC is hit markers?
                theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                E Pluribus Unum
                Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Minimap/hud comes back too.

I'm also gonna assume that they either mistakenly got the health wrong or will change it after feedback. I think everyone that wanted classic mode wants health more like normal.
                  |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

i never played BF2 or 2142, all the worship here is making me consider buying them. I guess thats what i get for holding on to 1942/DCFinal/Forgotton Hope for so freakin long.

Comment

Do we really want the minimap back? I have been so accustomed to hitting the M button to see my surroundings...
                      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                        Do we really want the minimap back? I have been so accustomed to hitting the M button to see my surroundings...
                        that is a good question. i know my K/D ratio would improve with it on, but i think it makes it too easy to lone wolf. with minimap you dont need the kind of communication that we espouse. im not a huge fan of regular health either, putting 6 shots in someone just to watch them turn around and noob-tube you is the worst.

Comment

Large map is useless in a lot of cases, without having the ability to zoom in/out with it.

Comment

The lack of a compass is the worst part about hardcore/no minimap. By the time you open your map, figure out which way youre facing (which is hard in the unzoomed map), tell your squadmates, wait for them to do the same, you are either dead or the threat you were describing is no longer there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                              The lack of a compass is the worst part about hardcore/no minimap. By the time you open your map, figure out which way youre facing (which is hard in the unzoomed map), tell your squadmates, wait for them to do the same, you are either dead or the threat you were describing is no longer there.
                              I know that problem. I realized that the easiest way to know your way around a map is to simply memorize it. This is definitely easier on some maps than on others though. For some maps it's a matter of left, right, up, and down, like Propaganda and Flood Zone. On other maps though, like Altai Range, Guilin Peaks (just about all the China Rising maps...) it's a bit more complicated and in that case it's easier to say the flag name like "Contact, Bravo side"

I feel like it would be easy enough for them to add a compass in game, they just haven't bothered to.
                              |TG6|Flarionice
                              Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X