Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Settings/Map Rotations questions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Settings/Map Rotations questions?

Question about the map rotations.

Currently the the server seems to switch between Hardcore and Custom depending on what map the server is currently on. (Example Zavod 311, and Dragon Pass is custom)
    Is there a reason that the game mode is switching between custom and hardcore?

The Server also appears to start out with a Conquest map, (pearl Market) and then switches to Conquest Large.
    In the morning it makes sense for the server to have Conquest maps when there are below 20 plays. Is there an automated way to change the Map rotation to be conquest (small) in the morning, or when the server pop is below a certain point?
    Trying run Parcel Storm with 6 people sucks

In the evening when there are 64 players it doesn't seem to make sense to play Pearl Marker (Conquest Small) Is there an automated way to change the Map rotation to be conquest (large) in the evening, or when the server pop is above a certain point?
    ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Re: Server Settings/Map Rotations questions?

Can we just remove Dragon Pass from the rotation entirely since admins skip it half the time anyway?

Comment

And Possibly Lost Island as it seems to have stuttering issues / lag on that map.
      ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

I will agree that trying to seed on Paracel is a bit of a nuisance. Since everyone decides to grab a vehicle and anyone who joins in to run infantry just gets obliterated and leaves.

I'm going to have to disagree with Kilrogg on Dragon Pass though. I quite like that map, provided there are enough people to play on it.
        |TG6|Flarionice
        Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
          Can we just remove Dragon Pass from the rotation entirely since admins skip it half the time anyway?
          I can stomach Dragon Pass more than Silk Road.. and Oman. At least Pass has many good flags, with cover and multiple attack directions. Silk is the most horrible map I have played, ever. As I have said before, the cover on the map is one sided, it is a huge bowl encouraging camping, blah. Oman, again one sided, if the US dont keep the beach and the armor assets spawning there up and running it is usually a blow out. Especially since at least 2 US squads insist on living in the construction site. I know, I know, teamwork.. you dont have to tell me. I am glad to see Silk right after Oman in the rotation, it is when I go take a break and do something else.

As for the OP question of map size changes throughout the rotation.. The reason it switches between large and regular conquest is to reduce the number of vehicles spawning on said map, like Dawnbreaker. AND some are Infantry Only.
          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
          E Pluribus Unum
          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
            I can stomach Dragon Pass more than Silk Road.. and Oman.
            Questions for the admins. Can we rearrange map rotation so these 3 maps are not next to each other (right now it is Dragon, Hainan, Oman, Silk)? IMO it would be nice to spread out armor heavy maps

Comment

Originally posted by chaos777b View Post
              Question about the map rotations.

Currently the the server seems to switch between Hardcore and Custom depending on what map the server is currently on. (Example Zavod 311, and Dragon Pass is custom)
              Is there a reason that the game mode is switching between custom and hardcore?
              The server is always hardcore when gameplay is occurring - you'll just see it say custom between rounds as we do some slight of hand behind the scenes.

Is there an automated way to change the Map rotation to be conquest (small) in the morning, or when the server pop is below a certain point?
              Trying run Parcel Storm with 6 people sucks
              Such things exist but our normal hours of activity pretty much always have an admin around somewhere who can provide a personal touch to the rotation that a script can not. Often the admins that are around during that seeding time will handle that but if the usual suspects are not there - others could likely be poked to do so. Just track us down on TS or get our attention through the game chat.

Personal opinion --> Chaos you've tried to seed waay outside normal operating hours at times - that pretty much will always end in suckage with no notice.

RE: Map Removals

Variety is good. Unless the map has serious technical problems or produces gameplay that is not conducive to quality TG gameplay I would personally hope we keep it in the rotation.

Re: Rotation

We hit the random button every now and then but sometimes we forget and need to be poked to do so.
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
                Questions for the admins. Can we rearrange map rotation so these 3 maps are not next to each other (right now it is Dragon, Hainan, Oman, Silk)? IMO it would be nice to spread out armor heavy maps
                But I like the rotation right now :( .. I know after Resort I can go take a break(or Zavod, before Pass)... or not join the server at all until Sunken Dragon comes around :) (Been getting back into 7DaysToDie, I need help, in more than one way)
                theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                E Pluribus Unum
                Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

There isn't any way for us to set a map to run for a certain time of day. Besides, there isn't a timer cap on the maps we run, so even if we could run certain maps for a time of day, it would not be feasible until we put a set time limit on every map in the rotation. And since we like to promote a "would you do this in real life" way of thinking (along with teamwork, etc), a timed map rotation just seems silly. Besides, no battle or war really has a set time limit. It's over, when it's over. :p

As [MENTION=5808]FBmantis[/MENTION] already pointed out, most of our server activity happens in the late afternoon/early evening hours until early morning. With that said, if you want to try seeding the server before then, go for it. I'll be happy to help you, but I'd advise getting on TS. Otherwise, I'm likely to go play something else or do something else unless I see someone on TS.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Lost Island stuttering has become pretty bad lately.

Is this perhaps because of no daily auto server restarts or is it a problem with the map itself?

On some of the other 64p servers I've played on, it hasn't been a problem but that was a few weeks ago. Maybe the recent patches have made it worse.

Comment

Server restarts daily at 4 or 5am ET. (one of those times - don't remember which)
                      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

[MENTION=13034]Acreo Aeneas[/MENTION] I usually end up on TS while playing on other servers but as FBmantis said I'm trying to seed the server outside normal hours as I work Swings so I end up online in the mornings before work

[MENTION=5808]FBmantis[/MENTION] when I first started playing on the server Dredge and Photo where on in the mornings and the server was more active earlier in the day 9-10 am pst. This has slowly been pushed back to the point where I do not see any one one the server most days until after 1 pm pst
                        ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

[MENTION=5808]FBmantis[/MENTION] when I first started playing on the server Dredge and Photo where on in the mornings and the server was more active earlier in the day 9-10 am pst. This has slowly been pushed back to the point where I do not see any one one the server most days until after 1 pm pst
                          When the game initially launched that was doable. However as a game ages you tend to see a server's traffic and player tendencies settle into a typical pattern.

If you wish to see server activity outside that typical pattern I would recommend taking baby steps. You could try seeding 15 minutes before when seeders typically start up and over time if successful keep slowly pushing that start time earlier.

You could also just pre announce your intentions to seed at a particular time. I would recommend at least a day's heads up. Weekends would be best for this. Even with a heads up I don't think you would have a lot of luck during the weekdays.
                          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Occasionally there will be enough people on the server in the morning to start things up, mostly pubs. After the server switches to the Conquest Large maps the pubs start complaining and end up leaving the server. I know that these are just pubs but I was hoping that their was an automated way to change these setting. Figured starting a conversation about this might come up with a solution.
                            ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

[MENTION=84128]chaos777b[/MENTION] I also work some odd hours for my retail day job, so if I'm free on a morning, I'm more than happy to seed. If we can get a decent group, we could probably make the server active throughout the day. :D
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X