Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's everybody playing the most these days? BF4?, ARMA 3? ,Other?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's everybody playing the most these days? BF4?, ARMA 3? ,Other?

Hey folks, I have yet to game with you guys. Built up my gaming PC, so just wondering how to best spend my game budget. Big Battlefield Fan, lots of hours on BF-BC2 and BF3 in the console world. Just picked up the Arma 2 collection but, what is everybody playing most these days? Oh yeah i have Titanfall but don't like it much too much like COD. Thanks for any tips.

Re: So what's everybody playing the most these days? BF4?, ARMA 3? ,Other?

Welcome. BF4 is doing very well at TG with a full server nearly every night at prime time (7-11 eastern). Join up on Teamspeak and then in game. Use your mic and communicate. it won't be too long before you find yourself in an awesome squad.

ARMA II isn't really active at TG now as ARMA III is the new thing. Server population is a bit more hit or miss than the constancy of BF4 but we do run regular events for the ARMA III server and those are great. Everyone signs up for a role and the mission runs at a specific time. Missions run from 2 - 4 hours usually and are led by top notch leadership. Plus it's really fun.

those are my two big games. Planetside is pretty big now at TG too.

Hope to see you online soon. Feel free to join up in my BF4 squad if you see me.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
      Welcome. BF4 is doing very well at TG with a full server nearly every night at prime time (7-11 eastern). Join up on Teamspeak and then in game. Use your mic and communicate. it won't be too long before you find yourself in an awesome squad.

ARMA II isn't really active at TG now as ARMA III is the new thing. Server population is a bit more hit or miss than the constancy of BF4 but we do run regular events for the ARMA III server and those are great. Everyone signs up for a role and the mission runs at a specific time. Missions run from 2 - 4 hours usually and are led by top notch leadership. Plus it's really fun.

those are my two big games. Planetside is pretty big now at TG too.

Hope to see you online soon. Feel free to join up in my BF4 squad if you see me.
      So I go to buy BF4, thinking the servers and the bugs must be better now.....and I have NEVER seen so many bad reviews for a game Ever. IS this game the piece of crap that most everyone is saying it is? I have held off because I hate to be frustrated by a glitchy game that is for fun, after all. Any thoughtS?

Comment

Look at the number of people online every night playing the game and I think your question will be answered.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by HawksFlight View Post
          So I go to buy BF4, thinking the servers and the bugs must be better now.....and I have NEVER seen so many bad reviews for a game Ever. IS this game the piece of crap that most everyone is saying it is? I have held off because I hate to be frustrated by a glitchy game that is for fun, after all. Any thoughtS?
          A lot of people have higher expectations than can be reasonably met. BF4 is a great game that easily trumps many in its genre. I'd definitely recommend it.
          "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I've played more than 400 hours, so it can't be that bad.
            |TG|Melee
            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I think those people complaining mostly were COD fans, not that there's anything wrong with COD, BF is just better ;)

Comment

A lot of the issues have been fixed. They are continuously patching things all the time. While it was frustrating that this wasn't done 9 months ago, you have to give EA/Dice some credit in actually fixing the game

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
                  I've played more than 400 hours, so it can't be that bad.
                  And I have more than 800 hours .. and still love it. And yes, I am a Battlefield fanboy! Have been since the first time I loaded BF1942, after a week of heart wrenching work to get it to work on a machine that could not.. after a couple of PC upgrades

There are always going to be the tons of bad reviews for any game. The complaints are more viewed than those positive, mostly because the positive ones are few and far between, even for good games. The Battlelog forums are full of complaints about how bad the game is, but you dont see the fanboys going on about how great it is, because we are playing the game instead of crying on the forum.

I wouldnt give the game a 10, but it deserves the 8.5 it has gotten from Metacritic.
                  theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                  E Pluribus Unum
                  Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Game is leaps and bounds from where it released and I loved it in beta. Current state on TG server with HC settings is a super tight, tactical shooter with a real emphasis on teamwork. A lot of complaints you see (when you search ) relate to previous versions of the game, as regards netcode etc, or potentially even console versions. It's already one of the most satisfying MP FPS I have ever played (seriously, I wouldn't say it otherwise). Take this on face value, it is miles better than BF3 and BC2, a lot of the videos you see are from known YouTubers complaining that 'normal' mode doesn't feel right, yet they don't try Hard Core mode lol.

It launched badly, no question, though sadly that hardly seems unusual these days with every other triple A title being rushed out the gate due to the directives of Accountants and Board members as opposed to anyone with any creative insight or understanding of quality control. That being said EA and DICE have bitten the bullet and the problems associated with BF4's release seemed to have resonated with and fundamentally shaped their policies going forward. They are now bending over backwards to improve things. As of now I would massively recommend this game to anyone who likes MP FPS. The updates that will be coming from the Community Test Environment will be the icing on the cake. 700 hours plus (Origins stats are a bit off) and it's one of those games where I playing on our server and it's "Ok, one more round and.......it's god knows what in the morning and I have a meeting first thing".

Seriously, get on the server.

Comment

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/free-games/game-time

You can play BF4 free for a week right now, go grab it and give it a try to see for yourself. There are some problems with it, and there probably always will be, but it's a lot better now than at launch and is definitely the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game in a long time.

I have so many unplayed games that I keep meaning to get to, but every night I find myself checking the TG server to see when people start showing up so I can play.

Comment

Hey folks, I have yet to game with you guys. Built up my gaming PC, so just wondering how to best spend my game budget. Big Battlefield Fan, lots of hours on BF-BC2 and BF3 in the console world. Just picked up the Arma 2 collection but, what is everybody playing most these days? Oh yeah i have Titanfall but don't like it much too much like COD. Thanks for any tips.
                        OK awesome!
                        THanks for all the feedback you guys are great.
                        I just downloaded BF4 and hooked up my modem with a cat5 and WOW!
                        AMAZING looking game...I'm getting shredded real bad but, yeah it looks great and I'll get on with you guys ASAP.

Thanks again.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X