Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AT vs Infantry is allowed, just don't spam it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT vs Infantry is allowed, just don't spam it!

The Admin Team have noticed a lot of calls in chat telling people that AT vs Infantry is not allowed on the TG server and we wanted to clear up what appears to be a misunderstanding on some people's part.

There is no rule prohibiting the use of AT/Explosive weapons on infantry.

We simply ask that people do not adopt the tactic as a first choice in every encounter as those platforms are not primary weapons. In other words we ask that people do not sit on top of an ammo box contentedly firing one rocket after another at people without thinking to use their primary weapon. We ask this because as we can all probably appreciate, it degrades the quality of gameplay on the server, which is something all of us should have in mind when playing.

Shoot At at someone behind cover - fine

Shoot AT at someone repairing a tank - fine

Shoot AT at someone you see crossing the road because that's what you have equipped - fine

Shoot AT because someone runs round the corner, you panic and spill your beverage and slam fire button in furious/horrified (at the wasted beverage) surprise - fine

Shoot AT continuously at infantry from a rooftop whilst sitting in a lawn chair with an ammo box beside like a beer cooler - not fine.

It detracts from the quality of gameplay on the server and isn't what we're looking for, if you see it, report it to an Admin or politely ask someone to stop 'spamming' AT vs infantry. Make sure it is excessive before making a comment, not a random kill that really annoyed you. If you're doing it, stop, you know it detracts from the gameplay and the Admins can and will address issues that detract from the excellent quality of our server.

Now we appreciate that it's all a bit of a grey area however that's completely natural and something we should all be able to understand and accept. To a degree TG's manner of play is something of a grey area to people new to the Community. The alternative is to create myriad rules for when and where it's ok to kill someone with X weapon which simply bogs down gameplay, frustrates players and ties players and Admins up in unnecessary conversations that interrupt the flow of everyone's experience. Far better we simply bear in mind how behaviour on the server impacts on the quality of gameplay and set the best possible examples ourselves, whilst still reporting the real problem cases to the Admin Team.

Hope that clarifies matters, remember it doesn't matter what they kill you with, only that they have stolen your life, your honour, your reputation, your future and that the first item on your agenda should be to hunt them down and shoot them in the face with your primary weapon in a very Tactical TG manner.

Thanks for your time and see you all on the server!
    Last edited by Wicks; 08-13-2014, 05:02 PM.

Re: AT vs Infantry is allowed, just don't spam it!

+100 internet cookies because it won't let me add rep until i spread it around.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
      ...remember it doesn't matter what they kill you with, only that they have stolen your life, your honour, your reputation, your future and that the first item on your agenda should be to hunt them down and shoot them in the face with your primary weapon in a very Tactical TG manner.
      Well said.
      "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

You can fire a RPG laying down in a lawn chair without breaking your back or the chair? Wow...did not know that! *Must try sometime* Thanks Wicks! :p

Simply put: Don't spam the handheld rocket-based weapons at infantry.

Thank you Wicks for posting this! Hopefully this will cut down some of the repetitive back-and-forth with players who are using AT against infantry on the server. (Assuming they come on and read this.)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Now lets talk about taking that RAWR away and everything will be perfect :P

Thanks for the clarity.

Comment

Reminds me of my sudnik sniping days in 2142.
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Is this still the case? I am asking because I still see warnings to the contrary very often.

Comment

Indeed, the other night I killed 3 ppl out of 13 with rockets in a match, and a certain someone claimed I was using it as a primary. Getting real tired of having to defend myself every time I play engie. It's one of the reasons I despise playing the class. From now on, I am just gonna tell people, "take it up with the admins." Or I am just gonna stop playing at all. I rarely play anymore because it isn't fun anymore.

[support]

Comment

I guess smart AT is not an option for people?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchnSniff0 View Post
                    From now on, I am just gonna tell people, "take it up with the admins."
                    I've seen warnings over the admin broadcast system as recently as last night for this "offense" which appears to explicitly permitted. It would be nice if we could all get on the same page about it.

Comment

Originally posted by femaledog View Post
                      It would be nice if we could all get on the same page about it.
                      A-freaking-men.

[support]

Comment

When I get killed 3 times in a row (not 3 times in a map but getting spammed by explosives not meant for people)... i'm gonna ask if that's ok or not, because i've gotten conflicting reports on this as well

Comment

Oh I wanna play! It was I who accused SnS of rocket spamming. After 4! consecutive kills by his AT while we were underground, I brought up my concern. Sorry if I ruffled feathers....it just did not seem kosher.

Comment

I think Wick's has laid it out pretty well. Use your own judgement given the examples in the OP.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well I definitely didn't have a lawn chair! lol!

[support]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse