Camouflage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camouflage?

When you play Battlefield, how much attention to your camouflage/weapon paint do you pay? I've notice that when I play I'll fiddle around with it, hoping it will make a difference.

But how much difference does it actually make going between different maps? As far as I can tell, gun paint makes a marginal difference, especially depending on which weapon you are using. Certain weapons (like the L85a2) only have two pieces which become painted, the rest stay black. So as long as your paint isn't international safety orange, it won't stick out all that much.

The actual soldier camouflage I can see making at least somewhat of a difference however because it changes the overall appearance of your soldier as compared to the background of the map. This also varies depending on what team you are playing on. If you are fighting on the Chinese side, your camouflage is fairly limited as the way the game is set up, the Chinese team always uses dark/primarily grey uniforms. This is useful on the urban maps (Shanghai, Dawnbreaker, Pearl Market, etc.) but not so much on desert and more wooded maps.

What is your guys take on the camo? Do you bother with it or just leave it at the default?
    |TG6|Flarionice
    Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Re: Camouflage?

I admit I do change my camo and that of my weapon pretty frequently. Not sure how much difference it makes as regards personal camo, I just try and pick something that doesn't stand out horrendously and is somewhat appropriate for the terrain and lighting. As regards the weapon I find the really bright pattern are a little bit distracting so I tend to choose muted colours just so the first thing my eyes pick up when I shoulder the weapon is my target, not some fetching leopard skin print I have chosen lol.

Comment

I usually just go between EDRL autumn and EDRL urban. They match the environments close enough for me to be satisfied.

And that's a shame Wicks, you always struck me as the leopard skin print kind of guy :lol:
      |TG6|Flarionice
      Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Seems to me the weapon camouflage is simply cosmetic. The person that will see the camo the most is yourself, so pick something you like and don't worry if the red camo is going to give you away. I can't think of an instance where I saw a gun camo before the person holding it; although admittedly I run alot of thermal scopes:). I'd be interested to hear if other players pick up on poorly matched weapon camouflage.

Comment

Honestly by the time you can tell the difference between any of the camos, you're dead or you missed the guy entirely anyway and the camo wouldnt have made a difference.

Comment

I change them often; I like to think it helps.
            "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I like for my tank to be a pretty blue to match my eyes!
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Lol me too, I'm still waiting for a premium camo that captures the bloodshot, squinty, bitter essence.

Comment

I change mine a good bit depending on the map. US definitely has the best options. Russia and China are all nearly identical and I usually won't bother with theirs. My weapons usually just rock spray autumn or urban depending on the map.

Comment

This only applies to hardcore, but I change my color to blue for the attack boats as the color blends in extremely well in the water. Besides that, I just have crimson red color on as default for everything else because I dont believe it makes a difference infantry wise because it usually comes down to who has better aim(you shoot me twice in my body, I turn around shoot you in the head and you die first anyways). More aesthetics than anything, I believe.

Comment

Camouflage is more of a distraction for infantry as in Hardcore if there's no friendly marker over your head I'll just shoot you and worry about FF later. You end up recognizing the character models more than the cammo anyway.

I miss the dynamic cammo of BF2/BC2 where everyone on your team had the same uniform and it matched the environment of the current map. Target identification really mattered because the player models were similar enough.

It does help with vehicles though, as it makes spotting armor and boats from the air tougher.

Comment

Except when the guy in the tank has bright blue 'camo' and I can see him from 5 miles away

Comment

I have adaptive sprays on all the weapons.. and vehicles, except for the boat, it has some blue on it. As for personal camo, I switch them up .. once in a while, but as said above, it dont matter what you are wearing, you only see the camo friendlies are wearing as the enemy are dying ... or killing you, dont matter the color of his underwear.

It is slightly amusing to see those who wear red camo on the battlefield .. not that it matters, as said above, they dont hide you or make you stand out more.. but red, is like the prom queen shouting "Look at me, look at me!"
                          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                          E Pluribus Unum
                          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

the only time i ever really notice camo is when its COMPLETELY wrong for the environment. as in dark reds outside in Locker, or light colors inside dark places in Metro. it seems using shadows is more important than camo when it comes down to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                              It is slightly amusing to see those who wear red camo on the battlefield .. not that it matters, as said above, they dont hide you or make you stand out more.. but red, is like the prom queen shouting "Look at me, look at me!"
                              It's because I want to look fabulous on the battlefield, DUH!

..Also, I want them to see me when I shoot them. None of this laying in the grass business.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X