AT rocket/missile advise...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT rocket/missile advise...

OK, boys and girls, got my service star with the FGM-172 SRAW today, 100 kills with that bad boy... now trying to decide between the MBT LAW or the FGM-148 Javelin... The LAW has less power but a little smart, while the Jav requires a maintained lock, but medium power hit... any advise or comments on either, maybe another one I should look into? Thanks.

oh, and a little extra, funny clip, thou I'm sure staged... just for reading my post. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNdMcXOtxeU

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: AT rocket/missile advise...

They both have their pros and cons. Like you said, the LAW is kind of "smart" but it's less power. And the Javelin, while stronger than the LAW, requires a maintained lock. The damage is greater when you've got a laser designated target, however. The thing with the Jav is that because it requires a maintained lock to fire, you get the short end of the stick in situations where you need to get a rocket out NOW and no time to acquire a lock and get a tone. By the time you get a lock, you've already taking a tank shell to the face.

I prefer having the best of both worlds with the SRAW - lock on capabilities and manual control for getting rockets out in a hurry when needed. And.....my favorite - swatting choppers out of the sky :).
    |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

The LAW is great for hitting things like .50 cals, spawn beacons, SOFLAMs, and jet skis/bikes. Plus, it can hit laser designated targets (does it also lock on to mines?). Since its fire and forget, you can just pop up, fire, and relocate to a new firing position. I would personally go with the LAW for these reasons.

I hate sitting in the open with a Javelin, waiting for it to lock and then arch up and hit them with a hit that does mediocre damage. In my opinion, DICE should make it so that if you are personally lasing the target with the Javs on board targeting system, then it should be direct fire (i.e. the missle flies in a straight line to the target) so it can reach it quicker. If someone else is lasing the target and you lock onto that, then that shot should be indirect fire.
      "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

THX... so I don't need to start a new thread... where can I find the differences between weapon hits from normal servers to hardcore, no luck on a google search... thx.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Infantry health is set lower on hardcore mode compared to a normal server; the weapons do the same amount of damage from my understanding. As far as AT, the vehicles in hardcore have the same amount of health but do not auto repair and lack 3rd person view among other things. For weapon stats in general check out BF4 Weapon Stats: Damage, Accuracy etc. | Symthic

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think that the players health in HC is 60hp, where as it is 100 on normal.
            "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Thx, that's what I meant...what was the health level, and your correct 60.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X