Laser Sights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Sights?

So, if the Laser Sights only add to the hip fire stat, and most of our shots are down sights, not from the hip... then it's really worthless to have them right? I mean, they really just give your position away...correct?

Thx.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Laser Sights?

That's always been my impression. There are certain maps I will run them on. I will also use them sometimes depending on game mode I am playing.
    sigpic

Comment

Shhhh! Don't tell people! Let them keep using them so we can find and kill them easier!
      |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Actually, laser sights are incredibly usefull in infantry based maps or flags. Because of the added hipfire stat it means that as an infantry player i can shoot faster(dont have to zoom in, just aim and shoot). The time it takes you to zoom in, I wouldve already killed you with hip fire.

Comment

I won't let you get that close. ;)
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I only use them on very specific weapons/kits, like my PDW close quarters engineer kit or shotguns. People with lasers on their guns are super easy to see.

Comment

Luckily T turns it on and off.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

which leads to a follow up question... I knew it could be cycled on and off, but gamewise, if you have it off do you still get that hip shot bonus... I mean, IRL it would need to be on for faster aim, but in game, does it check that?
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                  which leads to a follow up question... I knew it could be cycled on and off, but gamewise, if you have it off do you still get that hip shot bonus... I mean, IRL it would need to be on for faster aim, but in game, does it check that?
                  I'm sure you dont get the bonus if its switched off. The hip fire bonus is balanced by the fact you are more visible. If you were able to turn off the penalty, it wouldn't be much of a penalty.

Comment

You could always try to combine the keys, so when you shoot it turns the laser on. Problem solved!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I stopped running laser sights a long time ago because I only found them distracting. That, and they give your position away because every time you plan to go around a corner, you're giving a laser rave to the enemies.

Also if I ever end up in a case where hipfire is necessary to survive, it's usually within a meter or two of the enemy, making the added bonus of a laser sight less important because the enemy is basically my screen at that point.
                      |TG6|Flarionice
                      Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

I use them on almost every weapon but always turn them off when I'm inside a building so I don't give away my position. They help me air faster than looking down the sights at close to medium range and I need all the help I can get.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I think only my M1911 has a green laser sight, and that's only because it looks cool. I always turn it off when I'm in a dark area being sneaky. I never, ever hip fire, so it really serves no purpose other than being mildly distracting if you aim it at people's eyes.

You should be able to shine it at pilots and blind them, like in real life.

Comment

As (nearly) everyone has said, the laser sight just gives your position away. Usually if you're close enough to be firing from the hip, then it doesn't really matter if you have it. I only run laser sights on my sidearms and shotguns. Even then I often have the laser off.

What I've been doing recently is using a 3.4-4x scope with canted iron sights or a red-dot sight with the 2x flip scope, and then a flash hider/suppressor. I've found that a lot of people use muzzle flashes and/or laser sights to find people, and when you run without them you can often take people down before they can even draw a bead on you.
                            "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Laser is great for CQB. Like kwalc said, that scintilla you spend aiming will lose you the 1v1.
                              I have lasers on all my pdws and shotguns. If I am out in the open, I will turn it off. When indoors, or when turning corners, I turn it back on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X