Crashes within a minute of loading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes within a minute of loading

The game began crashing once a day a couple of weeks ago, but that wasn't really out of the ordinary for BF4, it's always crashed to some extent. Now I find today that I can't be in game for even a minute when it freezes up ("stops working" in Windows parlance)...every single time. That's if it doesn't crash when loading.

The only thing that has changed is that I was prompted to update the browser/Battlelog before joining today. I've tried rebooting to no avail. I've checked the CPU temp and it's in the 90's (Fahrenheit). The GPU tops out about 135F.

Is anyone else experiencing problems?

Any ideas on what it may be causing this?
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Re: Crashes within a minute of loading

I think email was having the same problem. I don't remember if he found a solution but I hope maybe this might help you with your problem. :)

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

This is a shot in the dark but you can try disabling origin overlay in game. I was having some issues of it not behaving with my settings and had to turn it off to get bf4 to load a few months ago.
      To try that:
      Right click the BF4 box art in origin 'My Games' and click 'game properties...' then check the box next to "Disable Origin in game for this game' then click apply.

Other than that try launching battlelog in a different browser like Chrome if you aren't already.

Comment

Melee, is the update successfully installing? I use chrome and BF 64 bit. I know I have to completely close chrome every time I apply a battlelog/plugin update to get it to install and even then it goes off the rails at times. If this is the problem you can delete the plugins folder, do a repair game via origin (for good measure) and then simply launch the game from Origin. This will prompt you to d/l and install up to date plugins etc and may fix it.

Alternatively it could be a gfx driver issue, unlikely but I have had it in the past. What GPU are you running and which driver version?

Comment

I experienced the same a couple of weeks ago. I used to have Origin up (logged in) while playing but as soon as I closed Origin, it worked fine.
          Not sure if thats the problem though.
          Proud 5th Alum

/DaVinci_Q

Comment

It does not look like you've tried to reinstall/change the web browser, update the video drivers, or to reinstall BF4 yet. Those would be my first steps.

Comment

Based upon the suggestions above, I've tried IE instead of Chrome, turning off the Origin overlay and logging out of Origin...no dice (get it?).

I'll try rolling back the graphics driver next (I have an AMD HD6950).

I looked for a plugins folder, but couldn't locate it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'd like to avoid reinstalling the game since it downloads at a snail's pace.

Thanks
              |TG|Melee

Comment

Problem solved! I found a link to a thread on Battlelog with this:

FIX:

-Go to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings and delete the file "PROFSAVE_profile" (or you could just move it somewhere else on your PC for safekeeping).This will also reset keybindings and graphics settings so you will need to do them again when you launch the game.

[Battlefield 4 PC] Crashes after deploy - Answer HQ

Thanks for everyone's help.
                |TG|Melee

Comment

Thanks for posting the solution!
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I was also having problems crashing. The solution to my crashes were that I had steam overlay and origin overlay running at the same time. Also BF4 seemed to not like Rivatuner Statistics running.
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X