A Challenge for all TG Tagged Members...NOT ALS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Challenge for all TG Tagged Members...NOT ALS

TG has changed, and it's been for the worst I'm afraid. When I originally began playing on TG servers one of the things we did was ensure a sense of fair play. Sadly that is not the case anymore. The teams are consistently stacked almost every night with the vast majority of TG on one side thanks to the "join on friends" option through Origin. That happened a lot during the 2142 days as well, only difference was, we had a lot of great players that enjoyed a challenge and competition and would switch teams to even things up, I don't see anyone doing that anymore. I do not join on friends when I join the TG sever and as a result I consistently am playing against many TG players and it is the same players every night that I am playing against.

How are pubies supposed to learn about TG and what we stand for if their only experience is a butt kicking on our server or if the only people they team up with are other pubies because most of the TG are on the other team? Man up, take it upon yourselves and don't wait for someone else to switch sides. If you think you are a good player then join the losing team every now and then so you can show everyone just how good you are. I challenge all of you TG tagged members to try clicking "join" rather than "join on friends" once in a while.

Re: A Challenge for all TG Tagged Members...NOT ALS

Originally posted by Battledragun View Post
    TG has changed, and it's been for the worst I'm afraid. When I originally began playing on TG servers one of the things we did was ensure a sense of fair play. Sadly that is not the case anymore. The teams are consistently stacked almost every night with the vast majority of TG on one side thanks to the "join on friends" option through Origin. That happened a lot during the 2142 days as well, only difference was, we had a lot of great players that enjoyed a challenge and competition and would switch teams to even things up, I don't see anyone doing that anymore. I do not join on friends when I join the TG sever and as a result I consistently am playing against many TG players and it is the same players every night that I am playing against.

How are pubies supposed to learn about TG and what we stand for if their only experience is a butt kicking on our server or if the only people they team up with are other pubies because most of the TG are on the other team? Man up, take it upon yourselves and don't wait for someone else to switch sides. If you think you are a good player then join the losing team every now and then so you can show everyone just how good you are. I challenge all of you TG tagged members to try clicking "join" rather than "join on friends" once in a while.
    Well said. Nothing is worse than losing multiple rounds in a row >400-to-0, and then watching your entire squad leave after every other round.

Something has to be done; simply joining the server instead of on a friend can definitely be that 'something'.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I understand your frustration and I also believe we can do better. I don't know about others, but I always join the server and play on the team that I was placed within, never joining on friends. I'll typically begin by checking out the available squads to see who is playing and how the squads are structured. Unfortunately, I often find the TG members and other server regulars (who may not wear the tags, but play here regularly enough that they could be wearing them) grouped up. We're not going to have the server environment we want if we don't spread out and make new friends. I know we all want to play with people we know and with people we know are good team players, but if we don't spread the love we aren't going to have a good server in the long run.

I will say that the other day I joined and found a squad comprised of all TG/regulars, so I asked publicly for the TG love to be spread around and a few of the guys did just that. I was so pleased to see that response (and if my memory was worth a damn I would give them props by name right now.)

Going back to the question of stacked teams...I see it sometimes, though sometimes the TG side is the losing side. I do think that if we can keep TG/regulars spread amongst the squads we'll see less stacking, since when squads are shuffled between teams it won't be 5 TG/regulars shuffled together.

I would propose that we try to keep squads to no more than three TG/regulars so that we can more effectively show what we are all about. And if the visitor won't respond to orders or play by our server rules, get an admin to deal with them. This is how it worked when I joined TG in the BF2 days, so I know it is effective and we can make this a better place if we try.
      |TG|Melee
      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

agree^

Comment

You also have to remember, that not everyone without TG tags isn't a part of Tactical Gamer. Some just don't wear the tags, so you can't tag surf and get an accurate basis of the 'TG spread'.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I can understand the post, and I know it's the rules of TG to "spread the love"; but I also prefer to play with TG members, I mean I joined TG and I joined the 18th IHS so I could play with people I know and trust on the virtual battlefield... I'm just sharing my opinion, I know that's not the TG way... and part of the reason I rarely play anymore is getting on those non-TG squads where most don't follow orders, and the reporting system is broke. or a team that is not working as a team, thiers little to none enforcement of the TG rules on our server anyway.

JMO

I'm not trying to be an ass, just pointing out that IMO, I join gaming groups, like TG, to play, laugh, love... OK, maybe not love... the TG membership. ;)
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
              I'm not trying to be an ass, just pointing out that IMO, I join gaming groups, like TG, to play, laugh, love...
              I agree with Magnum, the reason I joined with an IHS was to play with that IHS because I know the guys. I suck at this game, I mostly play it to have fun, joke around, talk BS, etc with my fellow TG'ers and IHS'ers.

Now if I join a game and I see that my fellow IHS members are already in a full squad, I will try to join other TG members in a squad. Barring that I will join a pubbie squad or start my own and let the pubbies join. That's when a try to show the pubbies how we play at TG. I will guide them and try to remind them of the rules, and try to keep them together and focused on one objective etc.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
              [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
              [support]

Comment

I understand the sentiment and have heard other people say the same, I just don't see the supposed problem actually happening. Every time someone says the teams are "stacked," you can just look at the scoreboard and see it isn't the case.

I had a good night last night, winning more than I lost, but I still lost a couple by 482, 238, and 514 with mostly TG guys in my squad. Then it scrambles and maybe we win the next one, maybe not. After that 514 ticket loss and a scramble, my team won by 277. Both rounds I was in a full TG squad.

The frequency that people join/leave, the autobalance, scrambling teams all make it impossible to keep an eye on the teams and make sure it's perfectly balanced with the same amount of TG and regulars on both sides in perfect little squads. Joining on friends makes no difference, there are plenty of regulars on both sides all the time. Some games will be blowouts. This will always happen, just let the scramble do its job.

Comment

Part of being in an IHS is also representing the Community in the best possible way, IHS are not internal clans, Community comes first, always. That being said of course IHS and other friends want to play together, just don't do it to the extent that it is detrimental to the Community and the quality of our server. Were that to become the case then we would have a problem, one that would need to be resolved. I've said this before but it bears repeating, there is a reason your tags are presented in the order they are, TG first, IHS second, individual last. It's a mindset thing.

@Magnum, not sure why you believe there is little to no enforcement of TG rules on the server, going to have to beg to differ their based on my own experience, the Admin forum content and our banlist etc. I would ensure you actually know and understand the rules of the server first (judging by comments in chat from some and threads on these forums, many don't) and then report any problems in game to the Admins. The game moves fast and Admin action is often taken without any notification being given to the general public, this may lead people to believe nothing is happening. If you do keep seeing issues on the server come and chat to me and I will see what I can do to address things.

Comment

I'm sorry... misunderstanding... what I meant was when we don't have a admin on or in teamspeak, which seemed often back when I played. I don't expect you guys to be there 24/7, trust me I know the hardwork and time it takes to do what you guys do... when you are there the process works well, when not...well it don't. ;)

IE: I as SL: Hey please don't snip from that out of limits rice paddy, come in and help your squad.

Visitor: I want to snipe, what are you going to do about it anyway.

Me: well nothing, because a admin ain't on duty.

Now that was meant to be a playful, short sided re-enactment. ;)

All I'm saying is I know the TG rules and follow them, including spreading love, but I would prefer to play with close TG friends...that's when I have the best time on the server. That's why I am TG, and the 18th. to play with fellow online, and some of them very long time friends... I don't want to teach visitors to play tactically, I want to play tactically with friends... but I do when I'm online, because that is what is required from TG.

Selfish? ya, probably... I know.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

If an admin is not in the game or on teamspeak you still have a number of options.

A. Use a likely keyword in chat to see if an admin is logged in to procon. I suggest "admin" and "reporting".

B. Make a post in the BF4 contact an admin section with a description of the problem(accurate player name etc.). An admin may be logged in to the forum and read it shortly or deal with it at a later time.
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I usually don't join on a friend. I usually stay with the team I'm on when I join. Also, I tend to either squad lead or join whatever squad has a active voice comms SL. Usually that ends up being a TG regular and often times a tag wearing TGer.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have played on TG servers since 2142 and I also do enjoy playing with my RL Bro (RedStormLois) and my bro-in-law. We mainly sucks, and those that I lead can tell you so. But, even in occasions that we are running smooth I can reckon a 250 tickets advantage is way too much for the pace of the TG server. If you played in public servers and on TG you can easily see the difference.

Regarding the stacked issue. IMHO it is not the stacking per-se because I played 5-in-a-row loses (I have those) and even in those occasions there are TG-style squads on both teams. Problem is that sometimes by pure luck or play with friends, some squads are just waaay to much for what is available currently available on the other side.

I have been on both sides of the argument and given how TG-style players seems to flock, rebalancings of the server have no bad issues at all. TG-style guys will create or join new squads on the side they are, and life will go on. I can count with the fingers of one hand the times that I started a squad and 2 minutes later is NOT full (and that's not because I am good at leading, that is for sure).

I dont know how "mod-friendly" are the scripts but this is my proposal:

Rebalance triggers:
                          - 350+ difference.
                          - 2-in-a-row 250+ difference.
                          - 4-in-a-row same team, then rebalance.

I mainly play later at night and I have seen the server go from 50+ to 20 after 3-in-a-row loses of 300+ difference. If that doesnt hurt the TG-style I dont know what does.
                          Last edited by redknight666; 08-31-2014, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Well,this turned out to be pretty long so why not make the title long as well?

I've been playing exclusively on the TG server almost every night for the past two months if I recall correctly.

I always stay on my starting team, but I do look for squads with at least the SL using comms. Usually I forward the role if I get SL myself, reasons being:

1. Not having English as my primary language makes it hard to phrase elaborate orders for the entire team,especially while trying to put a word on a specific part of the battlefield that I spotted enemies at, so I could send my squad their way(just an example of course).

When I do bother to issue elaborate orders I usually get no response and get people doing their own thing, requesting orders but giving me no sitrep whatsoever. Furthermore, often I find people spawning on random flags and in vehicles without informing me on their intention. It's especially frustrating when I'm taking an objective,waiting for my squad to help me with enemies lurking about looking for me. I know,I can tell them to spawn on me, but often I just don't have time for it,running/crawling for my life or not to get spotted.

2. Pubs don't listen. Yeah,I could report them.We could also play in 15vs15 teams for the better part of the evening/night. On maps like floodzone or Pearl Market it's fine,preferable even,but on most maps CQL with this many people is just a glorified version of TDM.

3. Veterans/regulars/active members of the community know better.

BF4 is the only BF game I've ever played. I also had a long break from playing since I got bored of how pretty the explosions look on Siege of Shanghai during a completely random match based on which team has more people with excellent hand-eye coordination or a joystick for flying jets.

I found TG and got very excited about it, but I know that some of you know the maps and tactics for said maps better than me.I find some of these tactics extremely stiff.
                            One of the best examples is Zavod,where both teams just forget about A and F, oblivious to the fact that it turns into a double competition- which of the squads holding A/F holds it uninterrupted longer and who dominates C/D[with 90% of pubs going exactly there].
                            It usually ends up with the squads in A/F moving back and forth between B/E and finally abandoning A/F completely in order to hold the aforementioned.
                            It's ridiculous if I can take a flag alone in a 64player game.
                            I used this knowledge to my advantage once and am positive that me taking F by the end of an extremely close match brought us victory.

Tactics aside,you guys know each other and know your capabilities and who usually does what(so you can tell what the LS on the other team is doing the moment you meet him in battle or you can tell what the other TG SL will be doing)

all that being said- If I SL a TG member squad and issue a bad order I expect suggestions, not you guys constantly trying and failing only to ignore me and move to another objective generally forcing me to change orders to it.
                            I get that I'm not part of a long-lived community,I get that I'm not one of the guys you've been playing with for years, but I would still like you to ask me what I need,suggest what you think should be done and take roles needed at the moment instead of making a two man team focused on K/D ratio in my squad(this happened to me a few times until I just started avoiding such situations)

4. Teamspeak.
                            I mentioned that in TG platoon battlelog already. I went on TS a few times. I saw there are separate channels for both teams. Everyone sits on the general channel for nothing else than social reasons if I understand(I'm not much of a social guy,so I might be wrong,but I can't see any other reason).

I've been in many games with a lot of TGs and regulars on both teams, only to hear my squad saying "what are the other squads doing??". I check the scoreboard and see that there's another TG squad sitting on top of the list with mine, yet we still hold just one objective.
                            Well,my dear pumpkins, if we could actually ASK what the other squads are doing and maybe coordinate a little, then it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm sorry if what I wrote sounds harsh,especially being new to TG and not knowing you guys at all,but I think some objective,outside observations could help us make EVERY match an exciting battle to the very last minute,except for every once in a while.
                            I had a lot of nights where I had extremely close games one after another,I had my squad members support me as their SL and I had many games with smart,tactical play,but I think that should be a game to game standard as long as there is a minimum of 10 tactical gamers on the server.

My suggestions are:

1. Make squadding up a rule.
                            on hardcore,where you can only spawn on SL and SL can spawn on any member of the squad, it's in my opinion CRUCIAL to have fully manned squads.

Example and why people don't squad up now: I'm in a squad with another regular.We both communicate.I open the teams tab to discover that my team consists of: 2 fully manned TG squads,6 squads of 3 and 2 squads of 2.
                            In that situation I jump around the other squads and look for communicating ones.If I don't find any,I just enter the 3 man squads to fill them up.
                            Still,at the end of the round the top of the scoreboard is held by the two TG squads, mixed with lone wolves with a score made up entirely of kills, and me,because I'm that awesome :)

I'm not saying that's a shame on TG squads or anything,I just think it proves my point that if a squad isn't full it loses a lot of effectiveness, and putting all jokes aside,the score IS important,because no matter how small the advantage of a full spec upgrade is,it still is an advantage,especially if a majority of the team has it most of the time.

2.Make at least basic SL communication a rule.

I rarely see people stating what objective they're going to hold/assault/harass.
                            I don't see why we couldn't make a abbreviation cheat sheet for dedicated squad leaders so the process takes as little as possible. ex. "SA def E" - squad alpha defending echo, "SA po D" - squad alpha being pushed of of delta etc. Playing soldiers and saying roger,copy,wilco, affirmative is fun, but it's not that hard to learn a few quality of play enhancing commands if they're done properly.

I KNOW typing is sometimes frustrating,I type extremely slow, yet sometimes am the only one to forward important information to my team. Issue orders to one of your squad to type the message-done.
                            I KNOW that this makes being a SL even more of a chore sometimes,especially if you're dedicated and check the map every other second and whatnot, but I think it just needs a little time getting used to before it comes naturally.

In addition: when I SL either I don't see the other squads orders on the map or I see orders form every squad,including all the ones with severely reduced effectiveness(2/3 man). How can I be sure that I ACTUALLY have people defending an objective if I have no clue if it's a full squad doing their job or just two guys desperate for points.

3.I don't know if you can make the autoscrambler do it,but if not- DISASSEMBLE SQUADS on team scramble. Scramble sometimes just doesn't do anything except for mixing up the random players. That doesn't even anything out,only makes the defeats less severe.

I get that you like to play with your friends,but If you are a fan of pubstomping I don't understand why you just don't squad up with your friends and dominate a random server where the other 59 people play just for the PEW-PEW, instead of making the teamwork based players on the other team on TG miserable.

On another note- would be nice if admins could pay attention and do the scramble themselves if a third game in a row ends up with 499 to 0.

Only time I got frustrated here was when I had endured over two hours of total ass whooping while the three different squads I was in(people leaving after most rounds) held their objectives and basically did all they could.
                            The scramble occurred after my 6th defeat in a row,after I whined and cried for the entire round about it and if I recall it was more of a "here,take it and f off" thing than actually trying to even the game.
                            I was so mad that I was even suspecting the TGs on the other team of giving up flags just to make the ticket difference below 500(we held 5 flags for about 90 seconds there)

4. Setting up some standards,adding a @hint system to the game with helpful info such as:
                            -how the squad/SL works on HC.(spawning)
                            -how to tell directions in map(I myself am still learning directions,I often have to open the map to check,but many people don't even think about where north is on the map and there's nothing more useless than "enemies coming in from the left". often I heard people say that and there were enemies- on their left, not oriented towards the base,or north,just left of where they were looking a second ago.)
                            -info encouraging to squad up and listen to the SL(especially useful for SLs with pub squads) by that I mean - doing the objective=more points=spec upgrade=better performance=more points=PROMOTEEEEED!

The sun managed to rise while I was writing this,so I'm done with this essay because I have a dentist appointment in a few hours, but I'll be back to see if anyone bothered to read and if I stirred anything up.
                            Maybe if I get some sleep I can continue,because I'm pretty sure I had a few more suggestions,but am just too tired to think anymore.

I hope you guys won't shun me for this in game, because I lose my communicating teams far too often as it is, and I'm not as effective a squad leader to make it worth anyone's while.

Oh,nearly forgot,this was TheDild0zer - pushing in you from behind all night,every night,till my engine dies and my batteries run out.

Peace!

Comment

Sorry Mojo I have to leave for work so did not have time to read your post so sorry if I am restating anything you said. IMHO , just like Dredge and others stated there are to many variables sometimes, one that I can think of that wasn't mentioned is there is not much time between rounds, sometimes I have to walk away for a couple minutes to take care of things and on my return I find I was made SL and my whole squad is waiting for me to return and I know I am not the only one, sometimes the game is 2 minutes in and there are hardly no friendlies on the map and the other team already has the advantage. I feel for what we have things work fairly well and I always hear pubbies complementing us on our server. It's just that sometimes, well, "sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes well, the bar it eats you." +1 who can name that movie quote ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X