Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ping too high

Hello all,

Enjoying a lot with the game online but unfortunately my ping is always the highest...around 130 for some servers, and for some it does not even show up. The sad thing is that the ping for the TG server shows around 230, in the red.
    For now I have a 8mb connection and plan to go for a 10 mb. Will this solve the issue because I would like to play on TG server.
    Cheers and good game everybody!

Re: Ping too high

Ping is a result of the latency of your connection. Mb/s is a throughput measurement. If your high ping is a result of your throughput being fully utilized it may help. If you ping is a result of the network your service provider has setup it will not help, unless you switch to a different provider and their network has less latency to the servers you are trying to use.

Compare your ping to other players in the UAE and see if they are similar or the same.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I dont know that a better bandwidth would help. I would think that being on the other side of the planet is the reason you have a high ping to the TG BF4 server located on the east coast. There always has been, and will continue to be complaints from many server guests about us not kicking players with high pings... but we dont kick them because we have always had many TG players from around the planet who play on our servers.
      theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
      E Pluribus Unum
      Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
      Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Well, when I switched from a 50mb up and down to a 100mb connection I didnt notice any difference. But when I switched to Fiber I did notice a 5 ping drop on average. So what Namebot said. Has more to do with the actual network than the amount of MB in my experience.

Comment

Sadly I must say that the distance is the greatest issue here.I get a steady ping of 110 only because the server is on the east coast. I get pings of 130-150 on the west coast servers.

Comment

I noticed I've had terrible ping lately. I realized that it's because we dropped cable tv and now we're using internet streaming providers at home so it's definitely impacting my network. We ONLY had a wii streaming upstairs and a roku streaming downstairs while I tried to play BF4 and it was unplayable. I killed the roku downstairs and everything came back around. Gonna post over in the IT help section and see what people suggest for my issue but just wanted to post this out there for other people who may be experiencing the same thing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X