Fun BF4 Videos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun BF4 Videos

The other video thread has a lot of great examples of squad play and teamwork, but has a pretty serious tone. I think we need a more light-hearted video thread. Also, I just needed a place to share the following video with everyone because it's amazing. If you listen carefully, you can hear the moment when Dirtboy realizes what just happened. That's why I love teamspeak.

And as a bonus, here's a bunch of SRAW kills I compiled. This is just for showing off, though.

Re: Fun BF4 Videos

On another note, that is why I spend most of my time outside of teamspeak. What you captured is the equivalent of yelling in EVERYONE'S headset. There has been much abuse of teamspeak and I wish people would stop using it for non-essential comms during battles.

It is both rude and unnecessary and it is time to put an end to it.
    sigpic

Comment

There are 2 team channels available as well that are in place for team coordination.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Happy to see my name wasn't in your highlight reel there, abendchain :P I know you've wasted my little bird with a SRAW more than a couple of times.

I wish AMD's GVR would work in BF4 with Mantle. I guess I need to switch back to DX11 for a while so I can start recording again.

Comment

SRAW is a fun one, although it drives me nuts when the missile decides to go flying off sideways. What are you using to record in game abendchain; using a running video buffer to split off interesting moments?

Comment

Speaking of SRAWs and fun BF4 videos - I present to you, my very first montage - "Moment of Impact" - fusing metal and BF4 together! I've become rather handy with the SRAW launcher (some of you are on the receiving end of it in this video. :) ). So I did a montage, set to one of my favorite songs by Gojira. This was a long project - took me a bit to compile footage and put it together and picking at it here and there. There's some GREAT montages out there, but I did the best I could for my very first one and learned some things. Not too shabby, I suppose.

I figured I'd post it here in this thread, since the TG BF4 Videos thread is more of a serious tone and videos focused on squad play and such. Enjoy. Bonus points if you like Gojira. \m/

|TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Nice work with that, Drummer. You did a great job syncing it with the music. A lot more production value than mine, I just wanted to show off kills and hear a surprised Lunn after he got blowed up. And yeah, that's exactly why I started this thread.

We have very different techniques with the SRAW. I can never get it to hit by keeping the laser on the target. You can even see in a lot of your shots it completely misses but loops around until it hits. That never works for me. I just guide the rocket without looking at the laser. Once I got the hang of that I hit way more shots.

And Squinty, I use Nvidia Shadowplay. It records everything you do, like a DVR. Then you just hit Alt+F10 to save the last 2 minutes whenever you want. You can also start and stop if you want, but I just use the shadow recording. It affects framerate a lot less than things like FRAPS.

Comment

Nice one, [MENTION=52165]FullMetalDrummer[/MENTION]. Liked it alot.
                sigpic

Comment

Cool video Drummer. I know you're always creating havoc with the SRAW when we're in a squad together.

Comment

Originally posted by abendchain View Post
                    Nice work with that, Drummer. You did a great job syncing it with the music. A lot more production value than mine, I just wanted to show off kills and hear a surprised Lunn after he got blowed up. And yeah, that's exactly why I started this thread.

We have very different techniques with the SRAW. I can never get it to hit by keeping the laser on the target. You can even see in a lot of your shots it completely misses but loops around until it hits. That never works for me. I just guide the rocket without looking at the laser. Once I got the hang of that I hit way more shots.
                    Yea, there's alot of loop shots. I tend to keep the laser/crosshair on the target most times and I adjust while the rocket is in flight. Sometimes the rocket loops and whips around because of that. There's been some crazy loop shots to where I don't think it's gonna hit, and it does anyway. Although, there's been some shots where I'm dead on and the rocket goes crazy right before it's about to make contact and then veers off in a random direction. I've had my share of rockets come straight back at me too and plow me in the face.

I do watch the rocket and lead the target without looking at the cross hair sometimes. Either I'll fire without the cross hair on the target, watch the trajectory, and then adjust while the rocket is in flight/get sights on my target. Or I'll chase it and hook it - like that PWC I nailed on the steps of the Shanghai tower in my video. People are flabbergasted sometimes when I nail em with the SRAW, and the SRAW is a little tricky. But really, it's all about compensating, leading, and having a steady hand.

As for recording - most of those clips were recorded via DXTory. The downside was that it isn't retro-active, like Shadowplay. So I had to have it constantly recording and then sift through mountains of footage to find the good stuff. When I upgraded my card recently, I got Raptr - which is AMD's version of Nvidia's Shadowplay. So much easier!
                    |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

The shots where you drag the SRAW over a blade of grass and it does some crazy maneuver that makes you go, "Oh well, that one missed". Then a moment later some random missile flies into your face. Those are what makes battlefield.
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Awesome video Drummer!
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse