HowTo - Mutiny a Commander!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] HowTo - Mutiny a Commander!

I've seen quite a few complaints of "bad" commanders. The main culprit seems to be people who try to order troops around with zero guidance, most usually towards the flags with the coolest powahs. So what do we do in this case. Well we have the usual recourse of informing an admin that a player is not communicative and seems to be playing in a selfish non team oriented fashion. After the admin confirms this they will most likely be removed from the server.

But, what if no admin is present or the commander is communicating, but you just don't care for his strategy?

Enter the mutiny option(seems its actually called an "approval rating", but whatever). Only problem is that this little advertised option is hidden down in the menu system. So I've created and attached a couple of screenshots to guide you to it.

After expressing your disapproval of the commanders orders you'll need to convince a certain number of additional squad leaders to join you in disapproval(I'm guessing ~50%).

Only squad leaders can disapprove of a commander and I don't know what happens when the disapproval threshold has been reached because I've never seen it. Next time we have a bad commander lets find out.
    Attached Files
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Re: HowTo - Mutiny a Commander!

Thanks for posting! Have had two bad commanders in the last two weeks, this will be a useful tool!
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I would like to point out, this should only be used if said commander is in fact playing the role opposite of the gameplay style and environment we enjoy at TG. Don't mutiny a commander because he wants you to hold B and you want to run off to D to get kills. Also, if it does appear your commander is issuing funky orders make every effort to get some form of clarification. As soldiers on the ground you might not see the big picture, or have a clear understanding of the commanders goal for the round. Remember, communication is key. Please don't abuse the mutiny option, if that happens it might scare players away from the role who otherwise might have done a good job.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I had wondered about that. I knew that you could 'disapprove' of a commander, but anytime I tried to do so I was not a SL...makes sense though.

Thank you.
        "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Ah ha! So that's where that option is. Sneaky EA, sneaky!
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I don't mind confusing orders, you want me to hang here where there's no action? sure I'll have my squad spread out and see what we can do from here :) long distance kills are fine with me (mortar, ucav, sniper rifle, whatever)...

I WAS pretty harsh to my commander last week who hit my squad TWICE with "GO TO OBJECTIVE X" then drops a cruise missile on X... very unhappy digi when that happens, someone later pointed out he might have been trying to CLEAR the point for my team and just didn't coordinate the strike very well with my squad's movement, but... twice i found inexcusable and would have been glad to mutiny at that time

That being said I'm gonna borrow the wife's iPad and see if I can try the iPad commander mode this week

Comment

Ah...if only this could be used in real life ....

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

A lot of the time I'm just happy to have someone play commander, even if they are bad. Plus trying to mutiny, I believe, penalizes the commander to give promotions which hurts the team.

They would have to be REALLY bad for something like that.

In other words, don't do it to me. :)

I've spent considerible time playing commander so trust me when I say, as a SL you probably don't know everything the commander is doing nor why. Use with caution.

Comment

I have a lot of time as commander as well and I can empathize with people who are trying to learn a new role. What I don't care for is people who fail to respond to communication attempts over various mediums from multiple sources during long periods of time.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                    I have a lot of time as commander as well and I can empathize with people who are trying to learn a new role. What I don't care for is people who fail to respond to communication attempts over various mediums from multiple sources during long periods of time.
                    I often find this a challenge when I'm commanding. If I end up having to boot half the SLs because they don't communicate and don't follow orders, I'm essentially killing off my chances for a victory with only half the resources (manpower) available. It should not be hard to communicate back with a CO when you are the SL.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

As I mentioned before, I play(ed) the commander role a lot... and love it when I have a good team. I know people don't like sitting at one objective the whole game so I usually assign a squad, with another squad two close by objectives, and then any extra squads I use as reactionary forces to an object that is being attacked or over ran... I've gotten all the commander medals in game, and proud of that, except for the leadership medal, why? Because most, and I'm talking 80 to 90 percent of the squad leaders decline order, even when I see a squad attacking an objective, I give them the order and they still deny it, weird! even on the TG server.

And why I've pretty much given up on the commander role, which is a shame because tactics and strategy is my strong point, not the running and gunning. ;)
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X