No announcement yet.

The Big CTE patch goes live today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] The Big CTE patch goes live today!

It's finally here, the GIANT CTE patch update we've all been waiting for.

Here is a video by Levelcap explaining some of the significant changes we can expect to see with this update.

Can't wait to get on the server and start playing this! See you there.

Re: The Big CTE patch goes live today!

2 Things.

1. Very excited

2. Levelcap is a dick to his squad mates when playing assault mode (Almost never revives).

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Excited about this patch as well, and as an enthusiastic reviver, I really love the idea of the timer ring.
      Levelcap is a marquee source for BF4 info and weapon reviews, though I agree Photometric, he seems to ignore his paddles and awful lot :D

Comment

Full patch notes: [ALL PLATFORMS] Game - Forums - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

This patch addresses just about every complaint I've had or seen from other people. Hopefully it works well and no other issues crop up. I'll have to pry myself away from Destiny to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Photometric View Post
          2 Things.

1. Very excited

2. Levelcap is a dick to his squad mates when playing assault mode (Almost never revives).
          Levelcap is a filthy casual that only plays normal so that's why he doesn't revive(he might reconsider if he'll switch to "classic" mode).

Just tested the changes. The movement speed change is awesome.I'm not sure if it's just that,but the game generally feels less sluggish and way more responsive! shotguns with slugs feel a little OP now though.

I've been waiting for this update and I'm not disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Photometric View Post
            2 Things.

Levelcap should (hopefully) never play here at TG. Just his run-and-gun lonewolf playstyle screams terrible. Definitely nowhere near TG standards.

The three things that excited me:

1) Netcode improvements

2) Squad leader selection at the squad level

3) Tweaks/overhauls to weapons (recoil, etc)
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by acreo aeneas View Post
              levelcap should (hopefully) never play here at tg. Just his run-and-gun lonewolf playstyle screams terrible. Definitely nowhere near tg standards.
              brofist bro.

Comment

Alot of great fixes and I'm looking forward to checking them out later tonight.
                However......

•SLAMs: Damage and blast radius reduced slightly. Three Slams will no longer take out a MBT on their own. The disabled MBT will need a single rocket to be finished off.

BOOO! This makes me a sad Drummer.

• Reduced initial capacity of RGO and v40 Minis by one.
                • Reduced blast radius of RGO and v40 Minis requiring more accuracy for full damage.
                • Increased the time it takes to refill explosives from ammo sources.

BOOO!

My thoughts.
                |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

SLAM change kinda is a bummer, but the grenade spam is down. Surprised no one is excited for those nice UI changes.

Comment

Will TG have a "Classic Mode" server?
                    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/DesmoLocke
                    Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/desmolocke/profile

Comment

So far, so good.

I am loving the patch, but, as others have said, the -1 RGO or V40 and the fact that 3 SLAMs no longer takes out a tank is annoying.

Also, WHERE IS OUR GOD DAMN COMPASS!?!?!?!?!
                      "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Initial thoughts on the fixes after playing tonight.

FOV got reset to 55. I was wondering why running and walking felt sluggish and clunky until somebody mentioned turning it up. I cranked it to 100, and while it smoothed it out, it felt like the Millennium Falcon hitting hyperspeed. I backed it down to 80 and that was comfortable for me. Still smooth.

The change to the red dot sights is pretty cool. It seems darker and a little smaller. Although it still gets lost when I step outside on Locker. Or point out into the horizon in some spots on other maps.

The changes to the flashbangs are intense. Everything disappears alright! HUD and tags disappear and slowly come back as you regain vision. I accidentally gunned down a friendly because of this. I was still half blind and had regained enough vision to where I could kind of see, towards the end of the duration of the effect. Saw somebody running with no friendly marker, thought it was enemy and I opened up. Looked up in the kill feed and saw it was a friendly. Doh.

I'm still bummed about the SLAM nerf. I think that was a little unneccesary. Now I gotta use 4 SLAMs in a trap to take out a 100% healthy piece of armor. And that's if the field upgrade bar is filled up all the way so I get the more deployed explosives perk. Thus only leaving me with 2 SLAMs left to set another trap. Of course, I could resupply from an ammo box, but I like to set two traps with 3 each at the same time. If one doesn't get em, the other will.

The attack orders on objectives in the bottom left corner are pretty cool.

I like the dim effect on tags and flags when you scope in. And the depth of field on tags. If your squad mate is really far out somewhere, their tag is smaller.

The customization options are a little overwhelming. There's alot. I didn't mess with them. I wanted to play and not fool with a bunch of stuff for 10 minutes and end up getting kicked for being idle. I'll check em out on the test range.

Overall, it took me a bit to get used to the various tweaks, but not bad.
                        |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

FullMetalDrummer still repeatedly kills me, nothing has changed. :D What in the world is the procedural aim rate option (in gameplay settings I believe)? It has a short description about helping muscle memory or some such thing but I still don't understand what it actually does or effects.

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalDrummer View Post
                            Alot of great fixes and I'm looking forward to checking them out later tonight.
                            However......

•SLAMs: Damage and blast radius reduced slightly. Three Slams will no longer take out a MBT on their own. The disabled MBT will need a single rocket to be finished off.

BOOO! This makes me a sad Drummer.

• Reduced initial capacity of RGO and v40 Minis by one.
                            • Reduced blast radius of RGO and v40 Minis requiring more accuracy for full damage.
                            • Increased the time it takes to refill explosives from ammo sources.

BOOO!

My thoughts.
                            I agree, I'm not impressed with those changes either.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                              Surprised no one is excited for those nice UI changes.
                              I am SUPER excited for the HUD customization! can't wait to make all the objectives very transparent so if i'm not looking for them, i cant see them.

Also, I love his comment about how he kinda likes how youll have to put a few more bullets in to kill in vanilla mode. Is he crazy? it already takes half a clip! should be 3 bullets!
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X