Classic or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic or not?

Maybe I am spoiled by my first TG experience on Battlefield 2142, but I would love at least 1 day in the week going hardcore++ with classic mode. :)

Re: Classic or not?

So, I have heard a bunch of people talk about Classic Mode (and how great it is), but I still don't quite know what it is. From what I understand, its somewhere between HC and pansy mode.

Can someone enlighten me as to what Classic Mode is, exactly?
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Classic is way less hardcore than hardcore. It has hit markers and minimap.

We've kicked the idea around before:
      https://www.tacticalgamer.com/battle...hlight=classic

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
        It has hit markers and minimap.
        [/url]
        Sounds awful.Hit markers I'm indifferent to,but the minimap...sure is fun looking at the corner of your screen half the time,playing whack-a-mole.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
          Classic is way less hardcore than hardcore. It has hit markers and minimap.
          Ouuuu that sucks... I wanted a harder hardcore!!! :(

Comment

I'm so used to straight up hardcore, that "classic mode" doesn't sound appealing. My hit markers have become the grey "dust", the rag doll spasm jerk of one's character model, or the Rorschach pattern on the wall behind the guy. Cleanup on aisle 3!
            |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

At this point the community is accustomed to hardcore mode so it will be hard to get people to switch. Only +ive in custom vs hardcore mode is that weapon's have been balance based on vanilla/custom mode and not hardcore.

Hopefully we see the general BF4 community play more classic vs. vanilla so the devs put much more of a focus on team based concepts

Comment

Classic is, in my opinion, much better than Normal and better balanced than Hardcore. Whether or not it's actually better than Hardcore is a matter of personal preference.
                sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Mini Map has a compass, something sorely missing from the big map. Hit markers I could live with out.
                  ||TG-Irr| Chaos777b

Comment

A few servers run the HC settings like ours, except they add the MiniMap and I think it helps calling directions and movements. Although in all honesty, the game play doesn't seem to change a whole lot. So really it' makes you feel better because you call directions out or without it you feel like you have added cover.

Unless you have a commander coordinating defense, several maps will always be whack-a-mole. Also, any experienced SLer checks his map from time to time and every Recon or Support Player spends time in a mini-map type view with their gadgets. So the illusion of "stealthier" team play is only against lone wolf pubbies.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...